Search

EK Awards Not Working

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 4:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
EK Awards Not Working

Can't see any EK awards coming up now so maybe they're resetting things?

Last edited by dayone; May 18, 2017 at 3:07 am Reason: No edit made.
Old May 17, 2017, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Can't see any EK awards coming up now so maybe they're resetting things?
hopefully not resetting thing the way they have been for several years with AM awards

not that i'll ever fly an EK award on AS miles, or any miles probably for that matter.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
hopefully not resetting thing the way they have been for several years with AM awards

not that i'll ever fly an EK award on AS miles, or any miles probably for that matter.
Why? EK awards are expensive, but when you have a million miles I can't think of a better option to redeem on. Sure the price has gone up, but the next best option is JAL miles and those are hard to acquire. EK is truly the best F product in my opinion. Better than the EY apartment even.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:35 am

Booked CX flights earlier.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

CX is working. It's the only way I could get myself to Europe through Hong Kong in F. Long flight but in CX F, it's doable.

It's EK flights that seem to be the problem. You select your EK flights and get to the checkout page, and EK doesn't confirm the space even though the seats are there.

I don't know what's going on. But I filed a complaint today with MileagePlan with the agent I was on with for an hour as we tried every possible combination, to virtually every city in Europe, and EVERY itinerary we tried to book on EK came back unconfirmed, even with space available! Very bizarre.

The title of this thread should more accurately say, "EK Award Redemption Down."

Last edited by Edgerfly; May 18, 2017 at 2:45 am
Old May 18, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Why? EK awards are expensive, but when you have a million miles I can't think of a better option to redeem on. Sure the price has gone up, but the next best option is JAL miles and those are hard to acquire. EK is truly the best F product in my opinion. Better than the EY apartment even.
"Lamborghinis are great cars, and when you have a million dollars to spend on a car..."

(I don't think I have ever let my balance go north of 200k. A round trip in EK F would likely mean I don't use my AS miles for 3-4 years. AS could do a couple of announced AND unannounced devaluations in that time. Thanks but no thanks.)

Last edited by eponymous_coward; May 18, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Old May 18, 2017, 10:02 am

Yes, I had this problem this week. After several calls to AS, it seems as though their EK inventory it not accurate. I was getting the same error when trying to book online, and the AS phone agent saw availability but couldn't get it to book. After escalating, a supervisor checked some sort of "back end" system and confirmed there was an inventory display mismatch. Fortunately there was space the following day for my desired flight.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
what irritates me the most about EK inventory is that it always shows up on US-NZ/AU routing, and there is no chance in heck i am going via DXB to get down under. often, the stuff i would do (KE J, for instance) is hidden in the calendar behind the EK stuff...invisible.

i wish they'd add some filters to the calendar view to allow you to pick and choose certain partner airlines, eliminate mixed cabin itineraries, etc to display availability more 'accurately' for what interests me.

as it stands using my AS miles is maddening particularly going to ANZ with non-existent QF availability even in PE, fortunately I have the pile burned down to 125K at this point.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
i wish they'd add some filters to the calendar view to allow you to pick and choose certain partner airlines, eliminate mixed cabin itineraries, etc to display availability more 'accurately' for what interests me.
They have some of what you want. You can choose the carrier on the left hand column.
Attached Images  
Old May 18, 2017, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
They have some of what you want. You can choose the carrier on the left hand column.
Then you have to scroll day by day. It would be nice to be filtered out in calendar search.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by CDKing
Then you have to scroll day by day. It would be nice to be filtered out in calendar search.
You're right. I just spotted that. So it really isn't of much help.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
You're right. I just spotted that. So it really isn't of much help.
We've been begging for it since the day all the partners went online
Old May 18, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Booked EK yesterday evening (5/17) - did not see a problem, all ticketed
YYZ-DXB-BKK
Old May 18, 2017, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Booked EK yesterday evening (5/17) - did not see a problem, all ticketed
YYZ-DXB-BKK
Glad to hear some EK is still working...
Old May 19, 2017, 2:29 am

Maybe related to this, but all award search (on any route) is down for me right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.