Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ptownca
Not sure what your speed was to A2, but in T-2 with Pre-check, I timed it a few times and my record was 12 minutes from the locking the car in the garage to standing in the plane. I was not running either

But, yes, T-2 is one of nicest terminals IME of any large airport in N.A. ^
A12 last week to SEA.

Pre yes.

And AF PP full.

Should have spent longer in AMEX lounge.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by safari ari
Will they now give access for AL members to the AC in terminal two? Considering you have access to CX in the International A now and you will have to clear security twice, plus walk two terminals.
Nvm, they will via Alaska website.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:27 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by safari ari
Will they now give access for AL members to the AC in terminal two? Considering you have access to CX in the International A now and you will have to clear security twice, plus walk two terminals.
Alaska Lounge members already have access to the SFO Admirals Club. Must be departing on an Alaska Airlines or American Airlines flight. Only select locations are eligible, but SFO is on the list. Complete list here:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...and-hours.aspx
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
VX metal

Originally Posted by Scottrick
Alaska Lounge members already have access to the SFO Admirals Club. Must be departing on an Alaska Airlines or American Airlines flight. Only select locations are eligible, but SFO is on the list. Complete list here:

Just wish you could if you were flying VX metal, all the flights are based right there out of T2.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Scottrick

IIRC all AAdmirals clubs Alaska Lounge members can access.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by ptownca
Not sure what your speed was to A2, but in T-2 with Pre-check, I timed it a few times and my record was 12 minutes from the locking the car in the garage to standing in the plane. I was not running either

But, yes, T-2 is one of nicest terminals IME of any large airport in N.A. ^
The fastest I've ever made it from curb to A2 (also without running!) was 6 minutes, but that was at the sweet spot when most of the traffic for the night has died down, but the Precheck line is still open, without any line. But adjusting for the fact that I was starting at the curb, not at a parking spot in the lot, I suspect those times are very similar. Also, because the shape of the two buildings, every gate in T2 has a similarly short time to get to, while in BA A, A2 is totally different from A12.

Anyway, I'd much rather be at the airport with 45 minutes to spare and have a drink in a lounge than play chicken with the boarding door closing. Having the lounge be one I actually get into, because it's not Priority Pass, makes that strategy all the more appealing. At the SFO AF lounge, I think my average is about 40-50% with PP. At the AS or AA lounge, I know I'll be able to get in 100% with my lounge membership.

Besides, we all know that AS likes to start boarding 50 minutes in advance, so you can still show up at the airport an hour before your flight, and walk right through security and onto your plane.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
IIRC all AAdmirals clubs Alaska Lounge members can access.
Alaska's web site says "select" Admirals Clubs, but the list of "select" clubs is all of the Admirals Clubs, as far as I can tell. The brand-new Orlando one isn't listed, but I assume that just means AS hasn't updated their web site.

It's a little tricky to tell because AA doesn't have a list of AA lounges only; their list includes partner lounges operated by AS, QF, etc, so you have to either know or check each club to figure out whether it's an actual AA lounge.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CalanMan
The fastest I've ever made it from curb to A2 (also without running!) was 6 minutes, but that was at the sweet spot when most of the traffic for the night has died down, but the Precheck line is still open, without any line. But adjusting for the fact that I was starting at the curb, not at a parking spot in the lot, I suspect those times are very similar. Also, because the shape of the two buildings, every gate in T2 has a similarly short time to get to, while in BA A, A2 is totally different from A12.

Anyway, I'd much rather be at the airport with 45 minutes to spare and have a drink in a lounge than play chicken with the boarding door closing. Having the lounge be one I actually get into, because it's not Priority Pass, makes that strategy all the more appealing. At the SFO AF lounge, I think my average is about 40-50% with PP. At the AS or AA lounge, I know I'll be able to get in 100% with my lounge membership.

Besides, we all know that AS likes to start boarding 50 minutes in advance, so you can still show up at the airport an hour before your flight, and walk right through security and onto your plane.
Even though I'm use to it, it's always an odd feeling when you board 30 minutes before departure and nearly everyone is already seated and ready to go...lol.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by missamo80
NooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo. There is no Priority Pass lounge in T2

Neil
It's been tough to get into the Intl Term AF/KLM lounge lately...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by SFOPeter
I waltzed in last Thursday at around 3:30pm and not only didn't I have problems getting in, there were maybe five other guests in the lounge.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
I'll be curious to see what happens with the PVR-SFO-SEA flight. Arrive at Int'l A and then tow over to T2?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Kieron
I'll be curious to see what happens with the PVR-SFO-SEA flight. Arrive at Int'l A and then tow over to T2?
Or maybe break up the flight and swap AS 737 service for VX A320 service, like with PSP-SFO-SEA
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SFOPeter
Depends on the flights you take. I've never been denied.

Neil
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Or maybe break up the flight and swap AS 737 service for VX A320 service, like with PSP-SFO-SEA
Won't happen before single loyalty plan, maybe even SOC. "I'm sorry, but you're evicted from your upgraded F seat because we now have an 8F cabin, and no F upgrades either, pay or sit in Y. Oh, please pay some money to get any seat in the Y cabin other than 28E, even though you're a 75K, but we'll give some Elevate Silvers those nicer seats. Thanks for being a loyal Alaska customer!"

There's any number of other ways they can do this, such as "break up the flight and fly the plane PVR-SFO-PDX, have all the SEA pax board their different SEA-bound plane at T2, transfer luggage."
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Won't happen before single loyalty plan, maybe even SOC. "I'm sorry, but you're evicted from your upgraded F seat because we now have an 8F cabin, and no F upgrades either, pay or sit in Y. Oh, please pay some money to get any seat in the Y cabin other than 28E, even though you're a 75K, but we'll give some Elevate Silvers those nicer seats. Thanks for being a loyal Alaska customer!"

There's any number of other ways they can do this, such as "break up the flight and fly the plane PVR-SFO-PDX, have all the SEA pax board their different SEA-bound plane at T2, transfer luggage."
They're already swapping planes around, with PSP-SFO as I said, or the DAL-DCA/LGA routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.