Both pilots out of cockpit?

Subscribe
Is this normal procedure? Was on an E175 today and both pilots were out of cockpit for several minutes - one in restroom, one in galley. FA was in the cockpit on her own with door shut.
Sure one of the two you saw wasn't a jump seater?
Quote: Sure one of the two you saw wasn't a jump seater?
That's my guess as well.
Quote: Is this normal procedure? Was on an E175 today and both pilots were out of cockpit for several minutes - one in restroom, one in galley. FA was in the cockpit on her own with door shut.
Really? Are you sure there weren't three in the cockpit to start?
Or were they using the autopilot:
Look, pax, no hands!
It's QX's solution to their pilot shortage- OJT. If the plane doesn't crash before the pilot returns from the lav, wings are awarded.
Quote: Is this normal procedure? Was on an E175 today and both pilots were out of cockpit for several minutes - one in restroom, one in galley. FA was in the cockpit on her own with door shut.
Sorry, but I don't believe the appearance was reality. Two crew members are required to be in the cockpit at any given time, and one must be a pilot.
Quote: Sure one of the two you saw wasn't a jump seater?
Quote: That's my guess as well.
100%.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ls1uqh3ox...jU73zOl2a?dl=0
Did AS order their E175s without aisle curtains?
there is always one pilot at the controls. Always. If you see two pilots outside of the cockpit then one is a jumpseater and one is a working pilot.
Quote: there is always one pilot at the controls. Always. If you see two pilots outside of the cockpit then one is a jumpseater and one is a working pilot.
Always? It's not like procedures can't be violated.
Quote: Always? It's not like procedures can't be violated.
I would be surprised if the Pilot in Command would ever willingly leave the flight deck unattended and risk having his certificate / license revoked.
Quote: there is always one pilot at the controls. Always. If you see two pilots outside of the cockpit then one is a jumpseater and one is a working pilot.
Most likely, one was a jumpseater.

The next possibility is that one pilot is so obsessed with sex that he/she is willing to break the rules and leave the plane on autopilot just to flirt. Not that likely though.
It was a jumpseater.