Weird AS/Partner Award Availability

Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AS most likely does not allow mixed cabin partner bookings on DL metal. Just because DL allows it with Skymiles does not mean AS will allow it when using AS miles. What was the mileage amount on DL? DL charges 70K for one-way low-level J.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LBJ
AS most likely does not allow mixed cabin partner bookings on DL metal. Just because DL allows it with Skymiles does not mean AS will allow it when using AS miles. What was the mileage amount on DL? DL charges 70K for one-way low-level J.
That would be news to me.

And since the AS website is offering the mixed reward, you would think the agents would be able to see it. Or is the website just that broken?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hartmann
That would be news to me.

And since the AS website is offering the mixed reward, you would think the agents would be able to see it. Or is the website just that broken?
Okay, I guess I was confused. I thought you meant you saw the mixed cabin award on delta.com. But now I realize you meant you saw the option on the AS website.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 17, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
AS most likely does not allow mixed cabin partner bookings on DL metal. Just because DL allows it with Skymiles does not mean AS will allow it when using AS miles. .
Incorrect. (As the poster just acknowledged.)
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
As to the Op's case. DL doesn't have access to AS Other than saver so no idea how its available on DL even at a million miles. Without an example its pretty much wild speculation.

For DL on international itins they will offer a domestic DL flight as saver even when saver is not available. That would cause differences with what is bookable on DL site.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
DL doesn't have access to AS Other than saver so no idea how its available on DL even at a million miles. Without an example its pretty much wild speculation.
Reward was booked via AS website. Have clarified my original post to reflect that.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reward was booked via AS website. Have clarified my original post to reflect that.
Sorry that was meant for the person looking at SFO-MSP on DL site and getting
AS segment when AS doesn't have saver space.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see what OP is talking about now. Check out MSP-SFO on August 2nd, for example. DL is 30K miles for both AS3355 and AS3357 while AS is at 60K miles for both flights. Maybe it has something to do with them being Skywest flights?

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 17, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LBJ
I see what OP is talking about now. Check out MSP-SFO on August 2nd, for example. DL is 30K miles for both AS3355 and AS3357 while AS is at 60K miles for both flights. Maybe it has something to do with them being Skywest flights?
Paging @missydarlinLooks like something is wrong with the AS system. Saver space is available AS site is not showing it but partners are.
Attached Images    

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 17, 2017 at 2:18 pm
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
Paging @missydarlinLooks like something is wrong with the AS system. Saver space is available AS site is not showing it but partners are.
Agents are not able to see it either, from the three phone calls I've made over the last two days.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Agents are not able to see it either, from the three phone calls I've made over the last two days.
Perhaps this is related to certain QX E175 flights not being upgradable at booking (ie another QX F glitch?)
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:40 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
I needed a one-way F seat on AS from MSP to SFO. I have no status on AS if that makes a difference.

AA wanted 25k miles.
DL wanted 30k miles.
AS wanted 50k miles.

All for the same AS flight.

Thoughts?
There were some old restrictions in the award fare filing that required a mainline flight number. It will be fixed this afternoon, so that QX and OO flights with A class will price correctly.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by missydarlin
There were some old restrictions in the award fare filing that required a mainline flight number. It will be fixed this afternoon, so that QX and OO flights with A class will price correctly.
So I guess this means you'd find the same problems on SEA-DAL/MKE and PDX-STL/DFW?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:52 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So I guess this means you'd find the same problems on SEA-DAL/MKE and PDX-STL/DFW?
No you would not, because its fixed
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MissyDarlin for President.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.