SFO T1

Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXPLT; AS 75k; B6 Mosaic; UA Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott/SPG Platinum; Hilton Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
(*Ok, maybe SEA-SFO-JFK if you want three class, I guess. Though blowing a couple of hours to connect instead of taking the AA or AS nonstop... how many people do that?)

I would... and I have. When flying an overnight with morning meetings the next day, I value sleep over non-stop and AA J is WAY easier to sleep in than AS's limited recline F.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Erik Jacobsen
I would... and I have. When flying an overnight with morning meetings the next day, I value sleep over non-stop and AA J is WAY easier to sleep in than AS's limited recline F.
+1....there is no way I would take an AS 737 SEA-JFK if I could take SEA-SFO/LAX-JFK with AA J...that's a total no brainer in my book...half the fun is getting there!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by maradori
Absolutely spot on. The only things that would make T2 better is:

1. if the BART station was moved there (so i don't need to walk/take airtrain)
2. if Amex moves/opens a Centurion lounge
3. if that $#@% hamburger place didn't charge so much
1. No space or money
2. T2-T3 sterile connector coming soon
3. I mean... that's not really that out of the norm for airport concessions...
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lolstebbo
1. No space or money
2. The only thing a sterile connector from T2 to T3 would be for connections to/from UA and some other Star Alliance international connections as there is a sterile connection from T3 to the G international gates. What they need is a sterile connector from T1 to the A side of the international gates.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXPLT; AS 75k; B6 Mosaic; UA Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott/SPG Platinum; Hilton Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
+1....there is no way I would take an AS 737 SEA-JFK if I could take SEA-SFO/LAX-JFK with AA J...that's a total no brainer in my book...half the fun is getting there!
Of course, I write this on AS 7 JFK-SEA... and I'm remembering again why the vast majority of my AS 75k status comes from partner airlines and the occasional short hop up/down the West Coast. (Primary frustration, as always, is the number of Y pax queuing up to use the F lav. As a paid (not upgraded) F pax, why they can't enforce cabin separation when the drinks cart is not in the aisle never ceases to boggle my mind. Just draw the bloody curtain already! I'm sick of having to wait in queue for 4+ Y pax to use the F lav first.)
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Of course, I write this on AS 7 JFK-SEA... and I'm remembering again why the vast majority of my AS 75k status comes from partner airlines and the occasional short hop up/down the West Coast. (Primary frustration, as always, is the number of Y pax queuing up to use the F lav. As a paid (not upgraded) F pax, why they can't enforce cabin separation when the drinks cart is not in the aisle never ceases to boggle my mind. Just draw the bloody curtain already! I'm sick of having to wait in queue for 4+ Y pax to use the F lav first.)
I hope you not only vent here but also let AS know every time this happens.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
2. The only thing a sterile connector from T2 to T3 would be for connections to/from UA and some other Star Alliance international connections as there is a sterile connection from T3 to the G international gates. What they need is a sterile connector from T1 to the A side of the international gates.
The sterile connector between T2 and T3 also includes an office building mirroring the location of the new control tower to replace the office spaces being lost with the teardown of the old control towers and their attached structure.

The T1 redevelopment includes a sterile corridor between IT-A and T1 (it kinda has to since T1 is slated to have swing gates) while connecting T1-B and T1-C (since they're also consolidating to a single security checkpoint for the terminal).

Unless they ever figure out a way to reconfigure the International Terminal, SFO will be connected airside in a U shape once everything's done.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AS
Unless they ever figure out a way to reconfigure the International Terminal, SFO will be connected airside in a U shape once everything's done.
In this document here http://media.flysfo.com.s3.amazonaws...t_Projects.pdf they actually mention reconfiguration of the International Terminal Departures Hall with consolidation of the checkpoints which would allow airside connection of the A and G boarding areas.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
1. No space or money
Could be wrong but pretty sure a lot of that post was meant jokingly.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by lazytom
In this document here http://media.flysfo.com.s3.amazonaws...t_Projects.pdf they actually mention reconfiguration of the International Terminal Departures Hall with consolidation of the checkpoints which would allow airside connection of the A and G boarding areas.
Thanks for digging up that pdf. Hadn't heard about the plan for a gate area H.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Talking

Originally Posted by maradori
Absolutely spot on. The only things that would make T2 better is:

3. if that $#@% hamburger place didn't charge so much
But you do have to admit, they make a pretty decent burger and fries, otherwise you would not be buying.

Just saying.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by lazytom
I've seen that before, but given how the airport is currently configured, it's very much a "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of thing. The diagram they have for how they might reconfigure the arrivals section is very O/D-centric. I'm not sure where to find the PDF for that, but it was somewhere on a.net; if I can find it again I'll link it.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Amen. I did something similar going to BOS a few weeks ago. SEA > SFO late evening and overnighted at an airport hotel and then took Mint from SFO-BOS. Even with short sleep at the airport, I arrived in BOS in good form with a nice nap enroute.

The best part was it was less than a SEA>BOS one way on AS in Y
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by ptownca
But you do have to admit, they make a pretty decent burger and fries, otherwise you would not be buying.

Just saying.
LOL i looked at the prices and nope'd my way out of there. But if their burger and fries are that good, I might have to pay up and try it out
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
There is no way I would make a connection at SFO between VX/AA and AS....way too much hassle....the last time I tried it, despite my best efforts, the AS flight left without me....they really couldn't be more inconveniently located than they are now at SFO.
Same for me... ANC-LAX-SFO-PDX.

Had pre check and ran for the gate...only to see the aircraft sitting at the gate with the door closed

AA had a delay due to WX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.