Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Had a great flight on VX F yesterday

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Had a great flight on VX F yesterday

Was my first ever VX flight. Flew F from LAX to ORD. Wow! Huge difference from AS.

Lots of personal space, excellent seat recline, excellent and engaged FA, front lavatory was reserved for F passengers. Lots of overhead bin space. Pre-departure beverages.

Can't believe these AS and VX F products are merging into one.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Was my first ever VX flight. Flew F from LAX to ORD. Wow! Huge difference from AS.

Lots of personal space, excellent seat recline, excellent and engaged FA, front lavatory was reserved for F passengers. Lots of overhead bin space. Pre-departure beverages.

Glad you enjoyed it, but keep in mind that their F product MUST be better than AS if they're not going to offer complimentary upgrades to elites and EVERYONE pays....personally, I'd prefer a less amazing first class product if I could have it for free....I don't have an extra few hundred bucks to drop every time I want to fly in F so I'm glad they are moving to the AS system.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver

They are not being merged into one. The VX product is just being eliminated.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
They are not being merged into one. The VX product is just being eliminated.
Well I don't think that's entirely correct. After all, AS themselves have said that they are incorporating elements of VX F into the new AS F product.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Well I don't think that's entirely correct. After all, AS themselves have said that they are incorporating elements of VX F into the new AS F product.
Not the hard product (including the seat pitch). And while some service aspects of it might be retained, I doubt it will be much.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I fear the same.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Yes, I fear the same.
Well, I think the CASM is somehwere around 3 cents higher at VX than at AS. Which means that it would cost VX $30 more to transport each passenger from LAX to SEA than it would on AS. So, I expect a lot of what we now see on VX to look a lot more like what we see on AS.

Although in AS's defense, I really do like the attitude of their FA's.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Not the hard product (including the seat pitch). And while some service aspects of it might be retained, I doubt it will be much.
With respect to the hard product, AS is adding footrests to their seats in the F cabin.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS
But still no increase in recline..
VX F will lose those fabulous seats, blankets and pillows and individual entertainment.
AS is adding seats to VX F and replacing current seat with "their" F seats.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
That is corporate speak for we are going to have the same F product we had planned on before the acquisition took place.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll
VX F will lose those fabulous seats, blankets and pillows and individual entertainment.
...Seats that the MVP/MVPG/MVPG75K will be able to upgrade into - so, unlike Virgin, where free ugprades don't happen, they will on Alaska and there will be more seats to increase the chances of that happening. It also looks like the seats will be designed with more conveniences and comfort in mind than currently on the AS airplanes, things like leg rests. The next couple of years will see many changes to the onboard product. I'm hopeful for positive changes that will make the product appealing to those that don't want to spend a lot of money but want a more comfortable experience.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Am I the only one here who hopes they don't increase the recline? I finally got a chance to fly in F on a modified 800 and really enjoyed the extra space between me and the guy in front of me. Leg rests will be nice though.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As is increasing its legroom to 41".

No its not VX's. But still a nice improvement.

Leg rests though make me they always seem designed for shorter individuals.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I wish they would keep VX's F seat for redeye transcons/midcons. Not lie-flat but much better than what the current AS F seat is.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Am I the only one here who hopes they don't increase the recline? I finally got a chance to fly in F on a modified 800 and really enjoyed the extra space between me and the guy in front of me. Leg rests will be nice though.
Yes, you are the only one. On a transcon, it might have me on AA or B6 over AS. VX F seats are "plenty enough" for me on daytime transcons (i.e., I don't "need" a lie flat) but with a similar price, I'd take another airline over AS with the current AS F seat. New pitch, probably fine. Old recline, no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.