Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: AS MVP
How can you tell from the Condor site which type of Econo fare you're buying? Not sure if the fare is a promo type for 50% miles or one of the higher ones.

Also a business fare SJC-PDX-FRA for example will place you in coach on the AS segment or subsequent LH group intra-Europe segment.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by jiburi
Condor already lists Alaska as partner.

https://www.condor.com/us/fly-enjoy/...r-airlines.jsp
That's listing all their interline partners (something most airlines don't even bother to do); many/most of those are not frequent flyer partners. I see they don't have their own frequent flyer program, using LH's Miles & More instead. Does that mean that AS will become an LH partner soon? Or will this not be reciprocal? I don't have any idea how the LH-DE partnership works.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Well, I'm going to take the plunge in June and see how well the partnership goes. I have flown condor once or twice in the past on their SEA-FRA route, and it was OK. I flew economy; this time I chose economy plus. Big question will be how to get my AS MP# onto the booking - no where to associate it on the Condor site. I will try when I check in, but I can always revert to submitting boarding pass for miles credit post travel.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Khaleesi

I wonder if this particular flight counts for AS miles. I'm guessing yes, since the flight number is within the acceptable range and Condor and Thomas Cook appear to be jointly owned.
I'm not so sure. From what I read on the AS partner earnings page, only flights with a "DE" code AND operated by Condor qualify for mileage earnings.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingstudent
How can you tell from the Condor site which type of Econo fare you're buying? Not sure if the fare is a promo type for 50% miles or one of the higher ones.
I think what is sold as "base economy" on the Condor website will earn 75% of the miles. And that "promotional" fares are more for EMEA flights (short and medium haul service) on Condor.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Is there any indication as to the award chart for Condor?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Is there any indication as to the award chart for Condor?
The AS website states that the information is "coming soon." If the JL partnership is any indication, it will probably be many months before awards can be used on DE.

Alaska Air -Condor partnership webpage
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ashill
That's listing all their interline partners (something most airlines don't even bother to do); many/most of those are not frequent flyer partners. I see they don't have their own frequent flyer program, using LH's Miles & More instead. Does that mean that AS will become an LH partner soon? Or will this not be reciprocal? I don't have any idea how the LH-DE partnership works.
Condor has a bit of founding heritage with Lufthansa before Thomas Cook bought it outright. That's probably why the frequent flier program is tied to LH.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Interested in hearing people's experiences with Condor. Was slated to fly SEA-FRA in premium economy with them last year, but then the conference I was going to attend was cancelled. Have to say that their website glitches (wouldn't ever let me submit all my passport details because the form didn't seem to acknowledge US address formats, for example) and general website oddness didn't help my confidence level. Hope it has improved as it would be great to have this as an option.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I'm not so sure. From what I read on the AS partner earnings page, only flights with a "DE" code AND operated by Condor qualify for mileage earnings.
Yeah I'm pretty pessimistic now, even though the MT flight (sometimes) falls within the eligible range. The closest analogy is Cathay Dragon, which does not (yet) earn AS miles even though it's a wholly owned subsidiary of CX. Bummer for those based in SF, since SFO only has MT and not DE.

Last edited by milypan; Mar 22, 2017 at 10:18 am
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milypan
Yeah I'm pretty pessimistic now, even though the MT flight (sometimes) falls within the eligible range. The closest analogy is Cathay Dragon, which does not (yet) earn AS miles even though it's a wholly owned subsidiary of CX. Bummer for those based in SF, since SFO only has MT and not DE.
Isn't this also the case for earning AS miles with BA? Flights with a BA code but operated by IB (not an AS partner but owned by the same parent company as BA) do not count for earnings. Moreover, on the AS webpage, it talks about the Condor gateways of ANC/FAI/YVR/SEA/PDX/SAN to Germany. But no mention of BWI or any other Thomas Cook NA gateway which is also served by AS.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Isn't this also the case for earning AS miles with BA? Flights with a BA code but operated by IB (not an AS partner but owned by the same parent company as BA) do not count for earnings. Moreover, on the AS webpage, it talks about the Condor gateways of ANC/FAI/YVR/SEA/PDX/SAN to Germany. But no mention of BWI or any other Thomas Cook NA gateway which is also served by AS.
Yeah, and from what I can see MT flights don't even earn miles in the program that DE is affiliated with (Miles and More). It's doubly disappointing because the MT A332 Y+ is 2-3-2 and looks nicer than DE Y+, so I could easily see flying DE J eastbound to Europe (night flight) and MT Y+ westbound home (daytime flight) for <$1500, which would be a great value (not to mention earning around 20k EQM).
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milypan
Yeah, and from what I can see MT flights don't even earn miles in the program that DE is affiliated with (Miles and More). It's doubly disappointing because the MT A332 Y+ is 2-3-2 and looks nicer than DE Y+, so I could easily see flying DE J eastbound to Europe (night flight) and MT Y+ westbound home (daytime flight) for <$1500, which would be a great value (not to mention earning around 20k EQM).
Well, on the Condor website, it is only slightly more money (like $40-$50 it seems) to book SAN-SEA/PDX-FRA than it is to book directly on the SAN-FRA flight. However, I haven't tested any non-DE airports with AS service in that regard, like SFO.

I'm just excited because Condor let's you book cheap one-way tickets. And AS is giving more generous mileage for these cheap flights than if they were cheap flights booked flying AA or BA (like 75% versus 25%). Moreover, this is much better earnings for Condor flights and if crediting to LH's M&M. As they are fixed mileage earnings. And a J TATL flight earns just 2,500 M&M IIRC, as opposed to around 15-17K ASMP miles.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
I can't wait to find out what the award redemption options are. Non-stop to Europe from Seattle takes a pretty hard hit as the Delta relationship ends. Both Icelandair and British Airways tack on surcharges, and BA's remains awful.
Any hints of when redemptions on Condor might become live? I'm looking at getting my family from FRA-ANC this August and would love to use miles. But I'm afraid to wait too long and see the price rise ...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by LGACIC
Any hints of when redemptions on Condor might become live? I'm looking at getting my family from FRA-ANC this August and would love to use miles. But I'm afraid to wait too long and see the price rise ...
I'd bet they'll be available after the peak travel season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.