Community
Wiki Posts
Search

75K Recognition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Probably rare, but the devices may not always show you have status. Next to last flight I was on I was asked to pay and when I said I was MVPG (am I allowed to post in this thread? ) the FA said I wasn't on the list and even looked through again and showed me. Sure enough, I wasn't on it. I offered to show the card on my app, but she said she trusted me and that I should let AS know that I hadn't been listed. I waited to see if it happened on the return, which it didn't, so I didn't follow up.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman
Probably rare, but the devices may not always show you have status. Next to last flight I was on I was asked to pay and when I said I was MVPG (am I allowed to post in this thread? ) the FA said I wasn't on the list and even looked through again and showed me. Sure enough, I wasn't on it. I offered to show the card on my app, but she said she trusted me and that I should let AS know that I hadn't been listed. I waited to see if it happened on the return, which it didn't, so I didn't follow up.
That must have been what happened to me on the BOS-SEA flight yesterday in 6C. I did not get offered the player or addressed by name or the "thank you for your loyalty" thing the way they did with the guy in 6D and the guy in 6F. The FA with the movie players just dropped it on my table after I turned around to start to say something as she was moving down the cabin, I think she realized immediately she must have forgotten me because she sloughed it on the table with a huff. (not sure if she was upset that her routine was skewed or that I dared to turn and raise my hand) The male FA DID offer to comp me a drink once the beverage service started because I had held the safety props during the briefings for him, so I grinned and showed him my card to show I get one anyway. We both laughed and agreed he would comp me a second drink for me instead. I figured that since neither one was looking at their phones for status I should be ready as they already thought there were just two with status in row six.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Flew TUS-SEA and it seems like the FA working the F cabin was training another FA. Not once was I thanked for my loyalty or was my status mentioned. IME, this usually happens when they take the beverage orders. Other than that the service was good by the trainee but not so good with the "lead" FA.

Bright side was I was offered some miles as compensation from the GA for switching my seats so that a couple can sit next to each other. As I was traveling by myself, I didn't really care where I sat as long as it was an aisle seat. On transcons, I prefer Row 1 or 2 so I can get my preferred meal but on any other flight all I care about is an aisle seat.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Flew TUS-SEA and it seems like the FA working the F cabin was training another FA. Not once was I thanked for my loyalty or was my status mentioned. IME, this usually happens when they take the beverage orders. Other than that the service was good by the trainee but not so good with the "lead" FA.

Bright side was I was offered some miles as compensation from the GA for switching my seats so that a couple can sit next to each other. As I was traveling by myself, I didn't really care where I sat as long as it was an aisle seat. On transcons, I prefer Row 1 or 2 so I can get my preferred meal but on any other flight all I care about is an aisle seat.
Did the manifest given to the crew have you in your new seat? Or was it generated prior to the seat swap?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Did the manifest given to the crew have you in your new seat? Or was it generated prior to the seat swap?
Yup I believe so since my seat assignment was 1D until I told the GA that I'm fine with 3C.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by ctporter
To me, saying I have status it should show is not gracious, it is supercilious which is why I have used a quiet smile and questioning eyebrow (raised eyebrows is what I do when I have a question) Interesting to see how offensive this is.
Exactly. The enjoyment derived from receiving a privilege is greatly diminished when I'm put in the position of having to assert it.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
SFO-SEA last week was asleep in the exit row... FA left a chocolate surprise on my tray table (I woke up just as they were passing and offered me a beverage- just asked for some sparkling water as I was exhausted from my TPAC)
Old May 2, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: United Premier Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond Lifetime
The Omaha station lists the 75K passengers on a little sign in the boarding gate area. Really simple way to feel special
Old May 2, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by crenshaw
The Omaha station lists the 75K passengers on a little sign in the boarding gate area. Really simple way to feel special
Cute, but I don't want my name on a sign. I can deal with ABC/D on an upgrade board, but not my full name on a sign.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K / AA EXP / VX Gold / WOH Globalist / SPG Gold / HHonors Gold
In all seriousness, what is this about 75K's getting chocolates? I've never received one. Is this something that's only on short-haul flights (I usually fly transpac on AS).

And I don't think I've ever been thanked for being a 75K, but I'm not looking for that. I might be looking for a chocolate, though.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Cute, but I don't want my name on a sign. I can deal with ABC/D on an upgrade board, but not my full name on a sign.
How about rose petals and heraldic trumpets?
Old May 2, 2017, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by StirredNotShaken
In all seriousness, what is this about 75K's getting chocolates? I've never received one. Is this something that's only on short-haul flights (I usually fly transpac on AS).

And I don't think I've ever been thanked for being a 75K, but I'm not looking for that. I might be looking for a chocolate, though.
TPAC?

AS offers them in Y on all flights with full drink service for MVPG+ when declining your free beer/wine/liquor. Sometimes it just shows up on your tray table when sleeping, other times a polite request helps
Old May 2, 2017, 1:14 pm

i believe the chocolate is available/given if you do not take the alcoholic beverage.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Is this something that's only on short-haul flights (I usually fly transpac on AS).
Well there's your issue right there!
Old Apr 29, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Question 2020/2021 75K Recognition Check-In

So there's a hot and insightful thread going over in the United space about how United is telling their FAs to step up and make sure to recognize their 1K flyers. Apparently that is something that is rarely done. United Airlines Tells Flight Attendants: "Please Recognize 1K Members!"

I have my eye on trying to get 75k this year. In general do you feel that Alaska treats you well as a 75K- do you feel that the Airline consistently recognizes you on a regular basis or is it similar to the experience that 1kers have at United? I have a feeling it might be night and day but wanted to hear first hand from 75kers on their experience. One of the reasons why I choose to switch all my travel to Alaska is because I hear they treat the customers better than most airlines. How have they been doing for 2020/2021?

Last edited by Sky Dreamer; Apr 29, 2021 at 12:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.