Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tattikat2
Date, Location, Day of week, Time of Day and method of access for denial.

Please include if you are actually flying Alaska that day, or some other airline, so we can see if the BR is giving preference to AS flyers

3/10/17 SEA D AL 4pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/12/17 SEA N & A AL 6pm Sunday PP denied
2/18/17 PDX AL 6:00am Saturday (flying AS) - PP denied (sign out)
3/21/17 SEA D AL 9am Tuesday - sign out
3/21/17 SEA N AL 9:45am Tuesday - sign out
3/24/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/25/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Saturday - sign out
3/25/17 SEA D AL 9:00pm Saturday - sign out
3/26/17 PDX C AL 9:15pm Sunday - Sign out (Was flying AS)
4/2/17 SEA D AL 4:00pm Monday - sign out
4/3/17 SEA D AL 10:30a Monday - sign out - PP requested-denied - was allowed with AL lounge pass - 90% occupied
4/10/17 SEA D 6:45 AM - sign out
4/12/17 SEA D 8:20 PM - sign out
4/14/17 SEA D 10:00 AM - sign out
4/16/17 SEA N 11:00am - sign out, was even upgraded to F on AS and MVP75K, no dice. It was a busy Easter Sunday
4/17/17 PDX 5:35am - no sign, admitted with a smile
4/22/17 PDX 6:35am - no sign, admitted
4/22/17 SEA D 8:15am - no sign, went to Centurion Lounge instead
4/23/17 SEA D and N 4:30pm - sign out. N lounge half empty.
4/26/17 LAX 11:30am - no sign
4/26/17 SEA D no sign, went to The Club
4/27/17 SEA D 10:40 AM - sign out
4/27/17 SEA N 10:50 AM - sign put out just as I entered, admitted with PP as the "last one"
4/27/17 SEA N 4pm - no sign, admitted with PP and a Delta bp
4/30/17 SEA D no sign, admitted
5/1/17 PDX 6:30 am - no sign, admitted, maybe 50% full
5/8/17 SEA D 11:00 am - new sign saying no PP guests, admitted as a PP cardholder.
5/15/17 SEA D 12:30pm sign out no PP
5/18/17 SEA N 7pm Thursday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/18/17 ANC 11:30pm Thursday - no sign, denied, but admitted 45 minutes later (PP, flying AS)
5/19/17 ANC 3pm Friday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/23/17 PDX C 4pm Tue - admitted (PP, flying WN).
5/27/17 PDX 7:50am no sign
6/28/17 LAX 12:30pm/3:30pm- no sign, admitted
9/25/17 PDX 2:00 - sign out, admitted without comment (PP, flying AA)
11/8/17 SEA C 09:00 AM - admitted (PP, flying AS). Only a few seats available, but at least a few seats remained available the whole time I was there
11/16/17 LAX 09:00 AM- sign out, no PP
02/0319 LAX 5pm Sunday-sign out no PP (flying AS)
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
The only reason I'm renewing BR this year is because of the American Admirals Club agreement - and the fact AA is re-adding a club to MCO (my home airport). Hopefully its open soon. Now to convince AS to relocate their flights to the north concourse
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I seem to be in the minority here but I am glad they are limiting entry to non-BR members when it gets busy
I'm with you.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
PP membership exploded with the Citi Prestige card and then the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. I don't know how the PP-accepting lounges can handle it quite frankly. The DFW Club lounge has a waiting list for entry at times.

An alternate PP lounge is The Club lounges in A and S but they are quite a hike from Alaska gates. If you have a long layover, the lounge at A could be worth it. There is usually a ton of space and you can chalk up the hike to needed exercise
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
PP membership exploded with the Citi Prestige card and then the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. I don't know how the PP-accepting lounges can handle it quite frankly. The DFW Club lounge has a waiting list for entry at times.

An alternate PP lounge is The Club lounges in A and S but they are quite a hike from Alaska gates. If you have a long layover, the lounge at A could be worth it. There is usually a ton of space and you can chalk up the hike to needed exercise
The nice thing about the Club lounges at SEA is that, unlike the AS BRs, the Club lounges allow you to bring in your children (under a certain age) for free and they are slightly more kid friendly than the AMEX lounge.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by dmodemd

I went there once last year to check it out. I think it was the one in A. It was fairly quiet, which was appreciated.

I generally go to the Amex club. Have only been in the SEA AS Lounge move or twice late in the evening when Amex was closed and I just wanted a quick drink. PDX is a different story...

Last edited by notquiteaff; Feb 3, 2017 at 5:25 pm
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman
So this is a first. Just tried to use the SEA Board Room just past security and was told it was full and to come back at 6p or to try the N terminal Board Room. It didn't appear to be full - there were empty seats and I've seen it far busier in the mornings - so I asked if it was full to everyone or just full to Priority Pass members. Reply was that they were saving room for Board Room members.
Same thing happened to me as well two weeks ago. But then they let me in as a "favor" because of AS status.

This PP rejection thing happens all the time at the SFO AF/KL lounge which is pretty small.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I do purchase my AS lounge membership each year because for me it works. I like the idea that during busy times the crowds are for the most part actual board members. What I really miss is something available at MSP (but so far I am really preferring the Escape lounge over the DL Sky club that I used to use often)

For me, as a solo traveler, I just need a seat with power, sometimes a place to work with power. Sometimes I would like a glass of wine, and maybe a salad or/or soup while I work. I also really appreciate the ability to use the Admirals club and United lounges when at other airports. Sitting at an airport restaurant, or at the gate area just is not as conducive to working for me.

So, all in all, I am in favor of reserving spaces in the AS lounges for AS Lounge members
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
FWIW, Priority Pass holder here. Don't kick me out please.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by TProphet
FWIW, Priority Pass holder here. Don't kick me out please.
LOL! If you are in, then there was ample room from what I understand! It is when I arrive and there are zero seats that it becomes an issue. (unless you are the one on the phone that is also slightly deaf and needs to be sure that everyone on both floors can hear what you are saying to the other person on your phone)
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by ctporter
What I really miss is something available at MSP (but so far I am really preferring the Escape lounge over the DL Sky club that I used to use often)
​​​​​​​If all you need is a place to sit with power outlets and some wine and/or snacks, you do have access to the United Club at MSP with your Alaska Lounge membership. I will agree, however, that the tiny size and configuration of the club is not very conducive to getting work done. But it allows me to read and respond to email, in a much more comfortable environment than the gate, and doesn't cost me extra.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by LWkitty
​​​​​​​If all you need is a place to sit with power outlets and some wine and/or snacks, you do have access to the United Club at MSP with your Alaska Lounge membership. I will agree, however, that the tiny size and configuration of the club is not very conducive to getting work done. But it allows me to read and respond to email, in a much more comfortable environment than the gate, and doesn't cost me extra.
Thanks! I forgot about that. The only time I tried to use it I was actually on DL flights so it did not work as an AS AL member.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Originally Posted by ctporter
... (unless you are the one on the phone that is also slightly deaf and needs to be sure that everyone on both floors can hear what you are saying to the other person on your phone)
This is why I love the phone free area at the Admiral's Club at O'hare - at least until they started the remodel. I wish every airport lounge had one.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The nice thing about the Club lounges at SEA is that, unlike the AS BRs, the Club lounges allow you to bring in your children (under a certain age) for free and they are slightly more kid friendly than the AMEX lounge.
Actually if you are a BR member you can bring your family into the Lounge.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
The JAL lounge at Narita has a bunch of "phone booths" set up where you can make calls without disturbing others. Fairly brilliant solution.

Originally Posted by tbau
This is why I love the phone free area at the Admiral's Club at O'hare - at least until they started the remodel. I wish every airport lounge had one.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by TProphet
The JAL lounge at Narita has a bunch of "phone booths" set up where you can make calls without disturbing others. Fairly brilliant solution.
The back business room with the glass door in the PDX BR seems to be the same, until you realize the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.