Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Processor Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Finkface
I guess it's possible that 3 random people swooped in and bought full F but I highly doubt it as this is a total leisure route. Plus, one of the people on the standby list has been upgraded into F! How do you go from standby to F 8 hours before a flight (meaning likely no irrops yet)?
Don't rule out VIPs. e.g. Seahawks players and entourages in the off season...

In reverse effect, I found out I scored an upgrade because Russell Wilson and friends decided not to fly one night...
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Don't rule out VIPs. e.g. Seahawks players and entourages in the off season...

In reverse effect, I found out I scored an upgrade because Russell Wilson and friends decided not to fly one night...
Definitely not. I got screwed. The very nice check in agent looked into it. There is not one single 75k on the flight. We clearly should have been numbers 1 and 2 on the list. She can see that our date of purchase was far before anyone else on the list, plus our K fares weren't even the lowest by far. She showed me the screen - we are the bottom of the Golds on the list with only MVP below us at numbers 8 and 10. The agent was exasperated by all these glitches. She said it has been happening constantly and they are tired of it. I will post this in Missy's thread to see if she can look into it. Not happy with AS today.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Maybe you got popped off and back onto the list at some point resetting the add to list date? That's a common reason for ending up at the bottom of your tier.

Quite frankly, I have been burning my GGUs during this period trying to avoid this mess. My flights are hard enough to clear without getting pushed down due to sorting issues.

I have been lucky in that my flights have still been releasing U at least 4 weeks in advance.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Maybe you got popped off and back onto the list at some point resetting the add to list date? That's a common reason for ending up at the bottom of your tier.

Quite frankly, I have been burning my GGUs during this period trying to avoid this mess. My flights are hard enough to clear without getting pushed down due to sorting issues.

I have been lucky in that my flights have still been releasing U at least 4 weeks in advance.
Nope. Just spoke with 2 supervisors here at SEA. They can clearly see we got hosed but can't figure out a way around it. And now, the 2 remaining F seats were assigned during our flight down here.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by Finkface
Nope. Just spoke with 2 supervisors here at SEA. They can clearly see we got hosed but can't figure out a way around it. And now, the 2 remaining F seats were assigned during our flight down here.
I hope Missy can shed some light on this in the questions thread. She has already mentioned that Alaska is aware of a code issue, but it just seems silly that even the supervisors you spoke with cannot correct it (if this is indeed the same issue). You may have already, but if not, I hope you share your experience directly with Mileage Plan customer service.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:20 pm

It would appear the roll-out of PE and the new upgrade rules has been poorly executed.

And the merger hasn't really started yet.

Yikes.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B787938
It would appear the roll-out of PE and the new upgrade rules has been poorly executed.

And the merger hasn't really started yet.

Yikes.
Don't think PE and new upgrade rules have much to do with the merger.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
We all know what is happening, same thing that's been happening for years and AS hasn't bothered to fix it. They won't start now.

I dont get any upgrades at DL either but at least it's not cause the processor is jacked up.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
I flew a mileage run PDX-BWI on Feb 15th. I purchased the ticket in November and I am a gold. My position on the waitlists and my subsequent upgrades on both SEA-BWI and BWI-SEA strongly indicated that in my case the date of purchase was recognized and my upgrade processed properly. It appears to me that at least some of the time the system works--too bad we can't seem to count on it.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Thankfully (I guess) F is sold out on my PDX-LIH (the one leg that hasn't been upgraded) So expecting to sit in back with the GF on that one.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
If the upgrade processes before T-24 things seem to be working as expected.

Glitches are occurring between T-24 and departure.

This is all unfortunate, but I do appreciate those working to fix it. Both those elites pointing the problem out to AS employees, and the AS employees working to fix the bug.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa

This is all unfortunate, but I do appreciate those working to fix it. Both those elites pointing the problem out to AS employees, and the AS employees working to fix the bug.
With or without the "bug", if I'm not upgraded by T-24, I know I won't be upgraded....can't think of a single time where I was upgraded at the airport.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:31 am

The supes I spoke to today put some copious notes on my PNR. I know because when we got to the gate, I asked if F had checked in full. She said yes but she would let me know if anyone didn't show, but didn't ask for my BP. I asked how she knew who I was and she said there were notes about what happened in the record.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Baze
Don't think PE and new upgrade rules have much to do with the merger.
Didn't imply they had anything to do with the merger but if AS can't execute really basic stuff then then the heavy lifting of integrating another airline may cause some challenges down the road.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa

The "Hold Backs" as I have been calling them for a while now, are occurring very often, with no logic I can figure out. Most of my recent flights have been upgraded at the gate. Long haul, short haul, day or night does not seem to play into what is happening.

The only consistency I can see is that the planes are all 900's. AS seems to be "holding back" from any upgrades until the last minute, (perhaps) in case of an aircraft swap to a plane with 12 F seats ala 800's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.