Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX posting time to mileage plan?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA, BD, SPG, Hilton
Have had multiple back and forths with MileagePlan email CS for a single flight where they say they've credited missing VX miles but it still hasn't posted. It's like they don't even bother checking to see if it's actually credited before sending off their canned email informing me that the deed is done.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Finally had 3 flights post from July after I only submitted credit for 2. Still missing several but this is a step in the right direction.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I normally book VX flights via the AS website. Sometimes they credit, often they do not, and I have to call or email MP. For roundtrips, in my experience, it is almost always the case that the return leg will not auto-credit.

I caught myself considering booking an upcoming trip on UA to avoid this issue :-)
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Just heard from CS - they are telling me that Virgin America flights are taking 4-6 weeks to post (this is after numerous calls and emails). Just switched a bunch of transcons to United - hate trying to manually track everything with Alaska. Also frustrated that Alaska is giving me a different answer everytime I ask (the timeline just increases).
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I was going to ping AS about a VX flight August 4 that has not posted. I guess I'll just wait. AS should be more forthright about any issues they are facing crediting VX flights.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
Just heard from CS - they are telling me that Virgin America flights are taking 4-6 weeks to post (this is after numerous calls and emails). Just switched a bunch of transcons to United - hate trying to manually track everything with Alaska. Also frustrated that Alaska is giving me a different answer everytime I ask (the timeline just increases).
IMO a crazy reason to subject one to UA

AS should get this resolved sometime (hopefully before a Single Operating Certificate emerges).
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:18 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My VX-booked flights on 8/3 and 8/7 posted on 8/16 and 8/18, respectively, and included the MCS bonus.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by G2244
I think they have a real issue of some kind here. Not sure if the problem is on VX or AS side. I am curious if anyone is having miles post without submitting a special request?

I had VX coded flights on 7/20 and 7/25 and still nothing on my AS account. Like others I used the VX App for check in and boarding passes (although I do think I may have one paper one - need to dig around a bit). My plan was to wait it out without submitting a special request just to get a data point on this but I really didn't think it would take THIS long. I even called VX and had them confirm my MP# was entered correctly.
I had caved in and sent an email on 8/14 requesting mileage credit (attached my Mobile Wallet boarding passes). Today I got an email back that miles had been posted. I logged to to confirm and not only had they posted, but they posted twice! Ms. G2244 only had hers post once. These were for VX First so the bonus is hefty. I will not try to reconcile further and am considering the double posting of miles as compensation for my hassles. YMMV
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Finally Posted

All my July flights finally posted!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
My August 4th flight posted yesterday.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Flight on 9/25 took over two weeks, but I didn't submit, finally posted on 10/12, feel it had to do with the system issue AS had after my flight date
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:39 pm

So I heard that VX R class is a reward fare though technically i booked the ticket on AS website, also as an R fare. Obviously, this was a cash fare, not an award ticket. Miles for the AS legs already posted but VX have not. Almost 14 days and then I'll do a credit request. So, i assume everything should work out?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trektheusa
So I heard that VX R class is a reward fare though technically i booked the ticket on AS website, also as an R fare. Obviously, this was a cash fare, not an award ticket. Miles for the AS legs already posted but VX have not. Almost 14 days and then I'll do a credit request. So, i assume everything should work out?
Yes, I have had a few of the AS R fares on VX metal. No problems, other than it taking 2+ weeks, posting to AS account.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Yes, I have had a few of the AS R fares on VX metal. No problems, other than it taking 2+ weeks, posting to AS account.
Then should i not even do the request at 14 days?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by trektheusa
Then should i not even do the request at 14 days?
Up to you. As a partner for mileage purposes, Alaska asks that you wait 14 days to allow time for VX flights to post automatically. Any time after that you're free to then submit a missing miles request. You can wait longer if it's no big deal or don't want to bother. For me, I like to get it recorded so I don't have to keep checking and hold onto the boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.