What do to do with Alaska miles

Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:11 am
Original Poster

What do to do with Alaska miles

I don't fly Alaskan but have some miles due to merge with Virgin. Any ideas on how I can use them other than on their listed airline partners (which I don't really use)? Ideally would like to transfer these to another airline or hotel program or even buy a gift card or some merchandise but don't see those options.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by acousticbiker
Any ideas on how I can use them other than on their listed airline partners (which I don't really use)?
You can buy Magazine Subscriptions, which I'm sure are a great value for your miles...

(which I don't really use)?
AA has a pretty strong US network if you're not into flying AS or VX. However, you got the miles from having an active account with VX, so must have used your account there at some point. How about flying VX?

Ideally would like to transfer these to another airline or hotel program or even buy a gift card or some merchandise but don't see those options.
You can't transfer Alaska miles to other airlines/hotels, as far as I'm aware.

I don't fly Alaskan
FYI: It's Alaska Airlines, not Alaskan Airlines.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-use-them.html from last week for answers to this question. My approach: donate them to Make-a-Wish.

Neil
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Im curious what the guy/gal who earned 9,000,000 miles did with all of his/hers...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Im curious what the guy/gal who earned 9,000,000 miles did with all of his/hers...
Probably spent them on their business trips to keep costs down. As a solo traveler, it didn't take me too long to spend a million AS miles (plus close to half million UA miles).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.