Not showing on upgrade waitlist

Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Not showing on upgrade waitlist

I am on LAX-SEA flight for tomorrow (less than 24 hours) and see 7 seats open on ExpertFlyer. Still no upgrade and there are only three passengers on the wait list.

Last edited by jediwho; Jan 18, 2017 at 1:51 pm
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by jediwho
I am on LAX-SEA flight for tomorrow (less than 24 hours) and see 7 seats open on ExpertFlyer. Still no upgrade and there are only three passengers on the wait list.
you need to call. they probably won't be able to fix it for you and/or will insist you are already on the waitlist.

if you are not on the visible waitlist you will not be upgraded.

if the phone agent cannot get you on the visible waitlist, an airport agent will have to.

None of the SEA-LAX flights tomorrow have U space open, so you cannot be upgraded immediately anyways and you should not ask the phone agent to upgrade you...but you do need to get yourself waitlisted correctly.

Upgrades are a terrible mess right now. Paging missy...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
She's on vacay...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackal
She's on vacay...
yeah i know. and i also know that she isn't able to fix it. i am just trying to push this forward as yet another example of how AS is not 'delivering the goods' as presumably concrete examples and data is what is needed to fix these issues.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:46 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by jackal
She's on vacay...
Sadly, I am no longer on vacay.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by jediwho
Are you checked in?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Are you checked in?
Yes, checked in.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:15 pm

PM the confirmation #
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:57 pm

There is a known issue with the apps where if you view the waitlist before you check in, it might cache and not display the updated info after you check in.

You can also check the waitlist using the flight status tool at as.com
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They can work properly. Bought a ticket a couple days ago for next Monday. Not an instant upgrade fare (Q). Was bought through corporate TA Concur/Balboa. Has said waitlisted for upgrade since purchase. Today at 120 hours got the upgrade. return in on Feb 1, says waitlisted for first. It is a K fare. Will see how that one turns out. Leg cleared on Monday is SFO-SEA, return waitlisted is SEA-SFO. Of course the other 2 legs are SEA-YEG and YEG-SEA both on Q400's. Seat 2A SEA-YEG and 1B for YEG-SEA.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by missydarlin
There is a known issue with the apps where if you view the waitlist before you check in, it might cache and not display the updated info after you check in.

You can also check the waitlist using the flight status tool at as.com
Color me flabbergasted! I only knew how to see the upgrade lists for a flight I was book on after checking in on my mobile app. It is great to know you can see the list for any flight by just knowing the flight number. This is awesome!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by ctporter
Color me flabbergasted! I only knew how to see the upgrade lists for a flight I was book on after checking in on my mobile app. It is great to know you can see the list for any flight by just knowing the flight number. This is awesome!
But remember, the only people who appear on the list are the ones who have already checked in.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador

you should not ask the phone agent to upgrade you...but you do need to get yourself waitlisted correctly.
Why not? I persuaded them to override and UG me a couple weeks back on a SEA-FLL flight when the 120 hour window had passed and plenty of seats were open and the terms of the program clearly state I should have been upgraded already (if the system was working correctly) and seats weren't being arbitrarily held back.

Don't ask, don't insist, don't persuade= don't get.

I will say, I was properly waitlisted and showing as such. For what that's worth.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Why not? I persuaded them to override and UG me a couple weeks back on a SEA-FLL flight when the 120 hour window had passed and plenty of seats were open and the terms of the program clearly state I should have been upgraded already (if the system was working correctly) and seats weren't being arbitrarily held back.

Don't ask, don't insist, don't persuade= don't get.

Because it's cheating. If U isn't open, complimentary upgrades shouldn't be processed(...and as I recall, in your case you stated it wasn't open). That is how the system works and we should respect it for the integrity thereof. Just because AS has changed the pattern of U release to be late in the period/at the gate doesn't mean the terms of the program are being violated. The terms state that 75K are eligible for upgrades AS EARLY AS 120 hours before departure, not that they are GUARANTEED at 120 hours if F seats remain unsold.

AS has the right to manage its inventory as it sees fit, if they want to withhold 10 F seats until the gate that is their prerogative. Manipulating reservations agents into forcing non-existent U space is certainly not in good form, IMO.

I have no problem with people calling to get upgraded if U is open and the processor isn't running correctly, but if U isn't open and they call...they're cheating the system, plain and simple.

YMMV I guess.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
If 2 out of 12 seats are not spoken for at T-96 I understand completely. If 9 out of 12 are unspoken for than I disagree. I'm pressing for them to upgrade me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Do not publish UG windows and show all of us a carrot for establishing status (showing loyalty) only to subsequently monkey with it and play the Battlefield UG game at the gate with a broken system and gate agents that aren't comfortable with the rules.

Agree to disagree

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.