Special Services VX - 10K Bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: Alaska. AA, Kris, QFF, Lifemiles, BA+
Just many thanks, Alaska!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Terminator8
Same here.. I sent a DM to Alaska Twitter to see if I can get the 10k miles.
Really ? I didn't get the 10K either, but DCTA would seem to apply here. It seems to be related to this promo:https://www.alaskaair.com/elevatemember/activate

That one's for Elevate members as of Dec 5 with no prior AS accounts. Scott at Travel Codex speculates other preexisting AS members are getting the 10K as a way to avoid hurt feelings. Non-recipients reaching out to demand their 10K might discourage future generous gestures by AS, and lead to the apparently significant number who received this one getting it pulled back. IMHO, let's just appreciate that AS is doing something unambiguously good for a good number of members
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:46 am
Suspended

Jigri, the DCTA rule generally applies to people who were able to participate. They should do it, shut up about it, and go on with their lives. That doesn't apply to me here.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: Free Agent
Jigri, the DCTA rule generally applies to people who were able to participate. They should do it, shut up about it, and go on with their lives. That doesn't apply to me here.
No, in fact DCTA applies to everyone specifically because it's EXACTLY those that were not able to participate that generally end up calling the airline to whine about not being able to participate that blow the deal for everyone.

And my points about AS being discouraged from further generous gestures by people asking/demanding the same still stands, instead of being appreciated for being good for a significant number of members.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:19 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

No status on either airline. I have regular activity each month in both AS and VX accounts. No miles for me. So just like Charlie Brown, I got a rock.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jan 9, 2017 at 6:24 am
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
VX Gold with 190k points, no miles for me on AS, but I did get MVP gold and gold upgrades.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
My VX Gold account was automatically linked with my MVP Alaska account early December (now MVPGold) - I see that 10,000 was deposited into my account.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Odd, my wife with zero elevate miles got the bonus. I have miles is both programs and did not... No Status.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jigri2003
Really ? I didn't get the 10K either, but DCTA would seem to apply here. It seems to be related to this promo:https://www.alaskaair.com/elevatemember/activate

That one's for Elevate members as of Dec 5 with no prior AS accounts. Scott at Travel Codex speculates other preexisting AS members are getting the 10K as a way to avoid hurt feelings.
How did they select the preexisting AS members that are getting the 10k as a way to avoid hurt feelings?

Data point: My wife and I had active no-status VX accounts and prexisting AS accounts and didn't receive the 10k (also no Boardroom passes, upgrades).
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jigri2003

That one's for Elevate members as of Dec 5 with no prior AS accounts. Scott at Travel Codex speculates other preexisting AS members are getting the 10K as a way to avoid hurt feelings. Non-recipients reaching out to demand their 10K might discourage future generous gestures by AS, and lead to the apparently significant number who received this one getting it pulled back. IMHO, let's just appreciate that AS is doing something unambiguously good for a good number of members
I'd have to say travel codex speculation is completely off as there are many examples in this thread that contradict his speculation.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How did they select the preexisting AS members that are getting the 10k as a way to avoid hurt feelings?

Data point: My wife and I had active no-status VX accounts and prexisting AS accounts and didn't receive the 10k (also no Boardroom passes, upgrades).
Yup, I didn't get jack, and now my feelings are hurt.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond

Same here.. I sent a DM to Alaska Twitter to see if I can get the 10k miles.
Let us know what they say back. I sent them a DM to have them link my Elevate account to my MP account.

Neil
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by missamo80
Let us know what they say back. I sent them a DM to have them link my Elevate account to my MP account.

Neil
I received a response literally 10 seconds after I DM'd them at about 1:30AM. That's impressive. The agent is investigating.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveler, Delta Hunk-Of-Irregularly-Shaped-Metal Medallion
My dad (an Alaska MVP Gold 75k) got the 10,000 point bonus, while I didn't. By the way, neither of us linked our Virgin/Alaska accounts. Strange. Very strange.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I did not get anything

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.