Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
What a disgusting thing to put on a plate.
It'd be nice to have a bit more intelligent response to the meals listed here.

Aside from the fact that I (and perhaps quite a few others) found the above referenced dish reasonably tasty, the poster gives no indication as to why he/she feels so strongly about this meal. If they simply don't like mushroom ravioli - tough. On the other hand, if they had some personal experience with this meal on an Alaska flight that warranted calling it "disgusting", especially if it was an ongoing issue related to this dish in particular, perhaps they might enlighten us.

Otherwise, might I suggest they look up the difference between "subjective" and "objective" with regard to opinions rendered here and attempt to adhere accordingly in the future.
kevincrumbs, BobNed and beckoa like this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
13 Sep SFO/SEA - Breakfast.

Water bottles, OJ and Coffee offered. Some sort of eggywrap (reasonably tasty) along with a few chunks of froot.

13 Sep SEA/MSY - Lunchy

Salad with way too many lima beans, choice of Ravy Olley or Fish. I had the fish. It was ok. The little cheesequeque was good. Snackybasquet prior to arrival.

Service decent enough on both flights.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
13 Sep SFO/SEA - Breakfast.

Water bottles, OJ and Coffee offered. Some sort of eggywrap (reasonably tasty) along with a few chunks of froot.

13 Sep SEA/MSY - Lunchy

Salad with way too many lima beans, choice of Ravy Olley or Fish. I had the fish. It was ok. The little cheesequeque was good. Snackybasquet prior to arrival.

Service decent enough on both flights.
Interesting...earlier in this thread, AS Flyer said SEA-MSY (as well as SEA-IND) had gone from transcon (two choice w/menu) catering to mid-con catering but it appears at least that SEA-MSY is back to transcon catering??
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Anyone flown LAX-LTO and VV? Is this catered for lunch and dinner or just snacks?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS2, SEA-DCA, 15 Sep (135pm departure)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
my wife had the ravioli and I had the fish ... she really liked the pasta, but she wholeheartedly agrees with the comment about "way too many lima beans"

veggies with the fish were so-so; the fish was a tad dry in spots, but the curry sauce was excellent

dessert was an absolute keeper
Attached Images  
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Ravioli and potatoes on the same plate? Dats a lot of starch.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jrl767
AS2, SEA-DCA, 15 Sep (135pm departure)

my wife had the ravioli and I had the fish ... she really liked the pasta, but she wholeheartedly agrees with the comment about "way too many lima beans"

veggies with the fish were so-so; the fish was a tad dry in spots, but the curry sauce was excellent

dessert was an absolute keeper
I hope this isn't the main course on our PDX-BOS flt next month. We need to fill up at Caper's before we board.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Ravioli and potatoes on the same plate? Dats a lot of starch.
Ummm... Tomatoes!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: Asparagus Quiche
Comments: First and foremost, what I and seatmate found odd was that there were no other choices offered on this 3+ hour assumed midcon flight. It was quiche or nothing. No granola. When seatmate queried the FA about it, he just shrugged and said that's all that was loaded. As to the quiche, I thought it was pretty good. Whoever a few post back found it disgusting - just curious - why? Undercooked? Cold? Bad taste? I've eaten a lot of quiche (Yes, real men DO eat quiche) and I thought it tasted great. As for the potato salad, as breakfast accompaniments go it was different to be sure but I didn't mind the flavor combination. The handful of greens on the side of the plate I viewed more as garnish and so ignored them.
I had this same exact meal yesterday on AS3300 SJC-AUS (OO E75), 8:45am departure. As above, it was the only choice, and somewhat curiously the FA asked me "would you like lunch today".

I also thought it was a great quiche, and more substantial than the eggs-on-some-sort-of-pastry-thing that frequently shows up on DL breakfast flights (which I don't mind, but this was better)

PDB choice was limited to OJ or coffee (or at least those were the only suggestions)
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
Now that Alaska is flying some of the Dallas Love flights that Virgin America formerly flew, I flew DAL-LGA-DAL on a couple of Alaska Skywest E175 flights this week. Flight 3326 on 9/13 served dinner - What they called Thai chicken salad which was cold broiled chicken, some rice, also cold, and some string beans with an Asian themed dressing. Same thing on the reverse 9/16 LGA-DAL on flight 3323. Tolerable but not great. Dessert was a cookie in a wrapper; nuts on the return flight served about an hour AFTER lunch. Rather strange. I only post this here because I haven't seen any posting of a longer (3-4 hour) flight on an E175.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:54 pm

AS 196 Kona to San Diego September 2017

September 2017
Alaska Airlines First Class
AS 196 Kona to San Diego

First taste
Premium Roasted Nuts

Salad
Big Island Baby romaine Caesar
Hawaiian sweet bread croutons
Pecorino Romano cheese

Chocie of entrée
Stuffed chicken breast with ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes and basil
Tomato caper sauce
Angel hair pasta
Sautéed Zucchini and sweet onions
Or
Herb crusted pork loin with Dijon mushroom sauce
Ulu gratin
Sautéed sugar snap peas and tomatoes

Dessert
Haupia Sweet potato bar on a macadamia nut crust with toasted coconut
Daylight Mind Coffee Company
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

FLD100E KOA C2
AS DH-41_19 (4/17)
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Snack on today's 1pm SMF-SEA:

Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Carfield
September 2017
Alaska Airlines First Class
AS 196 Kona to San Diego

First taste
Premium Roasted Nuts

Salad
Big Island Baby romaine Caesar
Hawaiian sweet bread croutons
Pecorino Romano cheese

Chocie of entrée
Stuffed chicken breast with ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes and basil
Tomato caper sauce
Angel hair pasta
Sautéed Zucchini and sweet onions
Or
Herb crusted pork loin with Dijon mushroom sauce
Ulu gratin
Sautéed sugar snap peas and tomatoes

Dessert
Haupia Sweet potato bar on a macadamia nut crust with toasted coconut
Daylight Mind Coffee Company
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

FLD100E KOA C2
AS DH-41_19 (4/17)
Why would AS serve a pork dish when a percentage of their passengers don't eat pork? Personally I just hate it. For others it's a religious matter. They could offer chicken as an alternative.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Why would AS serve a pork dish when a percentage of their passengers don't eat pork? Personally I just hate it. For others it's a religious matter. They could offer chicken as an alternative.
Because it's a flight involving a geographical location known for a certain pork dish????
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by CBear
Because it's a flight involving a geographical location known for a certain pork dish????
Then offer 3 entrees, and get their act together so they offer pre-selection on all F flights. Why is it taking SO long to get this implemented?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.