Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Well for those who are doing SEA/LAX, you want to be flying on VX metal. It is a completely different experience in F. https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/fly-with-us Click on the F link. No direct link sorry.

Having done dozens of SFO or LAX <> SEA flights in F , I particularly liked the breakfast. Bonus is a couple of FA's will split the warm croissant and drop in the Dean and Deluca chocolates. Not even AF F is as good with that.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
[Editorial] I miss the old days of having separate "Meal Report" and "Meal Discussion" threads. It's difficult to find the actual meal descriptions in the all-over-the-place combined threads. [/Editorial]

Date of Flight: 1/11/17
Flight Number and Route flown: AS #676 SEA-LAS
Time of Departure: Sched 1:50 PM
Length of flight: Approx 2 hr 20 min
Class of service: First

Pre-Departure Beverage service: Nothing other than a bottle of water.

Meal served: Lunch

Meal Description: The main dish was "Costco style" tri-color cheese tortellini with a small amount of cheese-like sauce and shredded Parmesan. Im my opinion, the pasta itself was gummy - not to mention, tepid - and the sauce had too much sharp black pepper.

The tortellini was accompanied by a side salad of mixed greens, red leaf lettuce, radish slices and a cherry tomato along with balsamic vinaigrette.

Dessert was one of the overly-sweet packaged Dancing Deer lemon bars.

(First attempt at using the attachment function for a photo rather than imbedding a photo ... fingers crossed!)
Attached Images  

Last edited by AKCuisine; Jan 18, 2017 at 9:59 am
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
the pasta itself was gummy and the sauce had too much sharp black pepper.
At least there was S&P if you felt the need to add more pepper to your pasta

I agree with your editorial, btw.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:16 am

I think that's the dish I was supposed to get on 1/1, only it was just dry tortellini with no sauce at all.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Wow...this is truly pathetic. For an airline that claims to be different, this is different in wrong way, even UA has now improved its domestic catering leaving these guys are throwback warmed up frozen food serving types.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I would even be happy with a change of salad dressing....AS loves all varieties of vinegarette I've never once seen a 1000 Island or Ranch option....
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I would even be happy with a change of salad dressing....AS loves all varieties of vinegarette I've never once seen a 1000 Island or Ranch option....
Alaska isn't into the game of making their FF passengers fat... thus requiring more fuel to get where they're going...
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:05 pm

As a mayo hater, I cross my fingers every time I'm served a salad in hopes that a vinaigrette is served.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I've never once seen a 1000 Island or Ranch option....
and, you likely wont...just like they won't stop serving polenta, kale, arugula, etc, until it becomes trendy to eat unhealthy again (or AS moves its home base to Huntsville, Alabama). i mean heck, they're harking some 2 ounce box of packaged snacks in Y+ as 'locally sourced'.

so, here is your solution.

http://www.minimus.biz/Dressings.aspx

for a paltry $.87/flight (or less!), you can have whatever cream-based dressing you please, in a TSA-friendly 1.5oz size.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
and, you likely wont...just like they won't stop serving polenta, kale, arugula, etc, until it becomes trendy to eat unhealthy again (or AS moves its home base to Huntsville, Alabama). i mean heck, they're harking some 2 ounce box of packaged snacks in Y+ as 'locally sourced'.

for a paltry $.87/flight (or less!), you can have whatever cream-based dressing you please, in a TSA-friendly 1.5oz size.
Oh holy cow I can't wait for the post about how someone ate soap dressed salad because while digging in their zip lock bag for the dressing they instead accidently grabbed shampoo or something ^_^
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
As a mayo hater, I cross my fingers every time I'm served a salad in hopes that a vinaigrette is served.
Well, you should be very happy on AS....on AA, DL, or UA, not so much
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't mind vinegarette, but it would be nice to have some variety....if they want to spice it up, maybe serve a southwest ranch or buffalo ranch
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:57 am

AS needs to end it's unhealthy obsession with polenta, kale and other things previously considered to be rabbit food until a health nut somewhere decided to choke it down and convinced himself it's tasty and healthy.

A small package of ranch dressing isn't going to give anyone a heart attack.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Date of Flight: 1/11/17
Flight Number and Route flown: AS #145 PDX-ANC
Time of Departure: Sched 10:45 PM, but delayed to 12:30 AM 1/12/17
Length of flight: 3 1/2 hours
Class of service: First

Pre-Departure Beverage service: Nothing other than a bottle of water.

Meal served: "Snack"
Meal Description: A Caesar salad of incredibly crisp hearts of romaine, topped with large pieces of blackened white-meat chicken, served with an "Olive Garden style" bland bread stick. The Caesar dressing was served on the side, so the salad stayed fresh. There was a small Seattle Chocolate for the dessert.

Additional Comments: A while back I was a regular on the late-night AS #145, and it used to be a "warm cookie" snack flight. The Caesar salad was a welcome sight!

Overall, this was one of the better "snack" items that I've had during the past year or so on AS. I much preferred it over the limp leaf lettuce - or arugula! - salads that have been served. And it was far better than the icky, gritty kale-hummus dip ...

Perhaps the only better snack I've seen in the past year was about 9 months ago when a snack of pulled chicken sliders with cole slaw was served on a couple of my flights.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by acarney
Alaska isn't into the game of making their FF passengers fat... thus requiring more fuel to get where they're going...

But then how to explain all of the empty calories in the free booze? Get them all liquored up so they don't notice how tiny the new snack boxes are? Hmm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.