Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Delta & Alaska Partnership Ended on May 1, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta & Alaska Partnership Ended on May 1, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flytoeat
You submit the Delta boarding passes. Credit will be given for the Delta flights flown before April 30th.
With the exception if they were booked before December 19th, 2016 (which should allow for credit for flights flown after April 30th).

As is typical with most airline programs, flights operated by non-partners (regardless of ticketing or marketing carrier) do not earn miles --

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...onditions.aspx

"Mileage will not accrue on flights operated by non-partner airlines."
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
KLM is a partner.

Originally Posted by LBJ
With the exception if they were booked before December 19th, 2016 (which should allow for credit for flights flown after April 30th).

As is typical with most airline programs, flights operated by non-partners (regardless of ticketing or marketing carrier) do not earn miles --

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...onditions.aspx

"Mileage will not accrue on flights operated by non-partner airlines."
Since Delta at the time of ticket purchase was still an AS Partner and KLM is also a partner the flights are eligible for credit but will be based on the Metal flown. In this case, the flights will credit from the KLM chart even though they are Delta Codeshare flight numbers. I know that the t&c state that it must be marketed and operated by the partner airline but there is some leniency when the operating and marketing airlines are both partners.

I confirmed this with Mileage Plan the other day. If I purchase an AA itinerary with codeshare segments on BA then the actual segments on AA will post with AA's chart and the codeshare segments with BA will post with BA's chart. Here it is the metal that counts, not the flight numbers. For instance if your itinerary includes AA6127 SEA-LHR on BA it will post as if it was BA48.

Hope this helps. I am on AA J flights SEA-DFW-MAD next week. My return is VCE-PHL-SEA in mid July booked during Black Friday weekend last year. Several changes meant lost connections on the return so convinced them to waive the $1000.00 change fee for the two tickets and cut my vacation short by three days because I wanted to be on all AA metal. They wanted to put me on BA and I refused. Wish I had known then that the AA codeshare flights on BA would have credited with the BA chart. Live and learn. Still over 23K EQM and 38K RDM. Already Golden on all AS metal and have a 10 segment, 4 country all AS itinerary in October using a companion fare and my GGU's. Nearly 16K EQM & 32K RDM Best use of one single GGU ever for me. SJO-LAX-SEA-PVR all with less than a four hour connection time. For me, flying is part of the vacation. 😁

Happy traveling everyone.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I'm having the hardest time getting AS credit for my DL flights booked prior to 12/19/16. Miles don't post automatically, and requests for credit go ignored. Even repeated inquiries get nothing. Is there a phone number for a desk that can deal with missing DL miles? This is extremely frustrating!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jpdx
I'm having the hardest time getting AS credit for my DL flights booked prior to 12/19/16. Miles don't post automatically, and requests for credit go ignored. Even repeated inquiries get nothing. Is there a phone number for a desk that can deal with missing DL miles? This is extremely frustrating!
One of the stats for the AA/US merger is that 90% of their flyers buy their tickets within 90 days of travel. This was why they spent 90 days drawing down their tickets (they shut off US ticket sales 90 days before they switched everyone's US ticket to AA and shut off the US systems for good). I somehow doubt that AS or DL customers are much different.

So, you are:

- someone in the 10% of airline customers who buys tickets outside of 90 days
- except you bought them more like 120-180 days earlier (so even a smaller slice of that 10%)
- you bought DL tickets in order to credit to AS (so even a smaller slice of AS customers)

And you want a special phone number and dedicated desk to handle people crediting DL to AS who match your specific conditions (booked before 12/19, still crediting 7-8 months later, months after the relationship ended). Because obviously the six of you who did this are very important people...

This is not to say you don't have a legitimate complaint, but I don't think permanent infrastructure for tiny slices of AS's customer base is going to happen for problems that are going to disappear in a few weeks, once all the DL tickets issued before 12/19 are dead and gone. MP Customer Service and Customer Care?

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Jul 14, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
Complaints registered via social media seem to get addressed more quickly, especially if you note that despite prior efforts, you've received no response.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:17 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
This is not to say you don't have a legitimate complaint, but I don't think permanent infrastructure for tiny slices of AS's customer base is going to happen for problems that are going to disappear in a few weeks, once all the DL tickets issued before 12/19 are dead and gone. MP Customer Service and Customer Care?
I would argue that the small number of DL claims supports my suggestion that AS should have ONE point person who knows how to handle these claims. My understanding from past threads is that a large number of AS agents have a handful of missing miles claims assigned to them in addition to other responsibilities. Why not route all DL claims (seeing that it's a small number) to the same person, who knows how to handle them? (A similar case could be made for CX flights, where 9 out of 10 C/F retro-claims post erroneously as Y because agents don't know how to read CX BPs).
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'd call Alaska Mileage Plan.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
If you have credits coming to you, Mileage Plan is pretty good at giving them up. However, it's usually not immediate and it really helps if you have your boarding passes.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I had a pre-divorce DL ticket flown back in June, and everything posted on schedule as expected.

DL did a nice job with it...my MP number was in the reservation, but did not print on the BP. One of the SkyClub agents said something about not having a mileage number in it, and I said I had my AS in there, and she looked somewhere else and saw it.

It seems that DL "locked" these pre-divorce reservations by hiding the AS number in there somewhere so it could not be altered.

I have about 3 more DL pre-divorce tickets yet to be flown, so we'll see if they post as seamlessly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.