Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgrade comp?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Meanwhile, I've booked and flown over 30 segments in the last 3 years using GGU and never been downgraded once. But yes I see how they're a total sham

Touche!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Meanwhile, I've booked and flown over 30 segments in the last 3 years using GGU and never been downgraded once. But yes I see how they're a total sham
Glad they are working for you. For the way I fly - business with relatively short notice they are pretty useless on transcons/Hawaii trips.

30 GGUs? Nice! ^

I've ended up giving away 75% of my GGUs over the past few years due to my inability to use them on anything over 2.5 hours.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by sea_jeff
Glad they are working for you. For the way I fly - business with relatively short notice they are pretty useless on transcons/Hawaii trips.

30 GGUs? Nice! ^

I've ended up giving away 75% of my GGUs over the past few years due to my inability to use them on anything over 2.5 hours.
30 segments not 30 GGU
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
30 segments not 30 GGU
hehe... 30 upgraded segments is impressive however you manage them.

As an every hopeful traveler - I don't want to "waste" them on a SEA-SFO trip but I've had zero luck to any of the islands and even Vegas this year.

The only transcons that have worked for me were redeye flights.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Exactly

Originally Posted by channa
Of course they will take a hit. The SFO people from VX are not going to bend over and take AS's downgraded product with smiling SEA faces telling them how many awards they've won.

I think AS knows this. I don't know how thoroughly that's gotten through to the organization. But I have a feeling they know this to some extent.
Although, I no longer live in SF, I am one of those VX folks who have now done some flying on AS, so I can make some comparison.

I am hoping this merger pans out, but I am not sold yet AS really gets it. On several occasions, I have politely noted what the VX experience has been over the past four years for me. Some get it, some have the deer in the headlights look.

I've never been downgraded from F > Y on VX and I would never expect that to happen except in the rarest of cases.

To retain the SF crowd, AS is going to have to seriously up its game, especially the hard product and meals. The new thin back seats are my #1 complaint. They are awful.

My first upgrade on AS was about three weeks ago and the F meal was worse than some Y meals I have had. On VX I have had some treats, including the best filet ever served to me on an airplane.

Just my $0.02 as a soon to be exVXer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.