Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Questions and Discussion About F and PC (Premium Class) Upgrades - 2017 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions and Discussion About F and PC (Premium Class) Upgrades - 2017 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
So, I have an F award ticket with an AS segment in January, F seats, and the PNR now says "premium class waitlisted,"

Think I should have an agent remove this so we don't accidentally get down-upgraded?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MileKing
In the new approach, are AS MVPs going to be permitted to upgrade a companion and/or will AA elites be considered for complimentary upgrades? Mrs. MileKing and I have flights to OGG in February. Booked a number of months ago. I'm AA Platinum and she's AS MVP. Reservation now states "First Class Waitlisted" for both outbound and return flights. Never requested an upgrade as understanding was MVP could not upgrade a companion. Want to avoid situation where she gets upgraded and I'm still in coach.
I think my wife would be ok if she were in F and I was in coach on a flight to Hawaii...and yes, we always prefer to sit together
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:25 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by MileKing
In the new approach, are AS MVPs going to be permitted to upgrade a companion and/or will AA elites be considered for complimentary upgrades? Mrs. MileKing and I have flights to OGG in February. Booked a number of months ago. I'm AA Platinum and she's AS MVP. Reservation now states "First Class Waitlisted" for both outbound and return flights. Never requested an upgrade as understanding was MVP could not upgrade a companion. Want to avoid situation where she gets upgraded and I'm still in coach.
I don't know of any plan to upgrade AA Platinum so it sounds like you were waitlisted in error.

I can look at the reservation if you want to PM me the code, but I'd need assurance that Mrs. MileKing wants to avoid being upgraded without you
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
So, I have an F award ticket with an AS segment in January, F seats, and the PNR now says "premium class waitlisted,"

Think I should have an agent remove this so we don't accidentally get down-upgraded?
I've been assured that you won't be downgraded, but I can have someone remove you from the waitlist if it makes you feel better.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Since this thread has a very specific purpose, and to keep it clean and tight, it might be best if personal comments and observations were posted elsewhere.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Thanks for helping us missy. Two questions:

When I open the above link the FAQs at the bottom are not clickable on my laptop. Are they supposed to open as links?

Also, if 2 MVPGs are on one itinerary and are upgraded to PC will the system put them in adjacent seats if possible?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Westcoaster

When I open the above link the FAQs at the bottom are not clickable on my laptop. Are they supposed to open as links?

Also, if 2 MVPGs are on one itinerary and are upgraded to PC will the system put them in adjacent seats if possible?
For question 1, they are expanding links and are working fine for me at this time (when a Q is clicked it expands to show the A to that Q).
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Westcoaster

They are supposed to expand to display the answer. I just tested them on 3 browsers and they're working for me.

Yes, they will put them in adjacent seats if possible.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by missydarlin
They are supposed to expand to display the answer. I just tested them on 3 browsers and they're working for me.

Yes, they will put them in adjacent seats if possible.
Thanks. When I tried Chrome they did expand.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Missy, for the purposes of award ticket upgrades...is the status of the redeeming account or the status of the traveler the deciding factor? In other words, if I redeem an award ticket for a no-status family member from my MVPG account, will they be added to the upgrade list?

Currently, if I do so, the no-status traveler will get PP seating and MVPG bag allowance, IIRC.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Missy, for the purposes of award ticket upgrades...is the status of the redeeming account or the status of the traveler the deciding factor? In other words, if I redeem an award ticket for a no-status family member from my MVPG account, will they be added to the upgrade list?

Currently, if I do so, the no-status traveler will get PP seating and MVPG bag allowance, IIRC.
It's my understanding that the only benefit a no-status traveler should be getting from an award ticket from an MVPG account is the free change/redeposit of miles.

All of the "passenger" benefits, such as seats, upgrades, baggage, are based on the status of the traveler. (unless accompanied by the elite)
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by missydarlin
It's my understanding that the only benefit a no-status traveler should be getting from an award ticket from an MVPG account is the free change/redeposit of miles.

All of the "passenger" benefits, such as seats, upgrades, baggage, are based on the status of the traveler. (unless accompanied by the elite)

I always thought an award ticket would never be upgraded (unless with more miles) - has that changed?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Missy, I mentioned this in another thread but I'll ask the question here. Since all these changes, I was kicked out of some of my seat assignments. I called in and it was supposedly fixed but I am now getting 3 different results depending on where I look:

1) on the booking page, it shows us in 3D/F, which is also what the rep told us we were in
2) when I view the flight seat map from my reservation, it shows us with no seat assignments at all and no available seats
3) the app shows us in 3A/C

It has been like this for over a week so I don't think it's a case of the app 'catching up', plus I have refreshed it, taken it down, etc.

So my question is, why is the app not in sync with the website, why are we showing 3 different seat assignments (and no seats in one case) and how do I know which is correct? I have a bad feeling we are not going to be able to OLCI and worse, that we likely don't have seats at all, which will be a big problem as the flight is full.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I always thought an award ticket would never be upgraded (unless with more miles) - has that changed?
complimentary upgrades on award tickets begin 12/5/2016, see the other thread...Z fares = instant upgrade eligible, other fares = waitlist eligible like normal coach fares.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
complimentary upgrades on award tickets begin 12/5/2016, see the other thread...Z fares = instant upgrade eligible, other fares = waitlist eligible like normal coach fares.
I've gone back 6 pages and also used those words in search and I cannot find the thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.