Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Horizon E175 Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Horizon E175 Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 9:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by psychtobe
late to this party, but flew RT PDX-SLC this last weekend and believe I was on an E175. Does not show up on the schedules for this route at this time but nevertheless. Am I mistaken?
Well, it's pretty clear when you're on an E175: did it have first class with a 1-2 configuration? Then you were on an E175.

Neil
Old May 24, 2017, 3:50 pm

PDX - OAK appears to be July only. Talk about teasing us Q400 regulars on that route. It will be REALLY tough to go back to the Q400 on 8/1. Unless of course you like a slow, loud, cramped, no-running-water-in-the-bathroom, get-your-bags-planeside-in-the-PDX-rain, no wifi, no power outlet two hour experience.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by bofc
PDX - OAK appears to be July only. Talk about teasing us Q400 regulars on that route. It will be REALLY tough to go back to the Q400 on 8/1. Unless of course you like a slow, loud, cramped, no-running-water-in-the-bathroom, get-your-bags-planeside-in-the-PDX-rain, no wifi, no power outlet two hour experience.
Hopefully they aren't done with 8/1- schedule updates.

Also hopefully they get real with July prices at some point. I'd hate to miss the E175 but I'm not going to pay $90 more than WN is charging or AS is charging to/from SFO at the same times.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Watch out for the F lav on the E175... it has a deceptively low frame on the door... slammed my head into it ICT-SEA last week
Old May 25, 2017, 7:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
Watch out for the F lav on the E175... it has a deceptively low frame on the door... slammed my head into it ICT-SEA last week
Hence the name "F lav"... #%*^@!

Neil
Old May 25, 2017, 9:59 am

620 subbing on the latter two PDX-OAK runs today

Looking forward to trying it out but they put me in 12D and I can't change it though app or online. Hopefully upgrade clears and I can move.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
620 subbing on the latter two PDX-OAK runs today

Looking forward to trying it out but they put me in 12D and I can't change it though app or online. Hopefully upgrade clears and I can move.
What's the logic to seat reassignments on plane swaps? I'd hope they'd start with 75Ks on the highest fares to fill F and then premium, working their way down with normal upgrade logic. That would suggest in this instance half the plane as 75Ks or golds on higher fares than me, which I guess is possible but doesn't seem super likely.

Edit: Nevermind. Upgraded

Last edited by ucdtim17; May 25, 2017 at 10:34 am
Old May 25, 2017, 1:06 pm

What's the logic to seat reassignments on plane swaps? I'd hope they'd start with 75Ks on the highest fares to fill F and then premium, working their way down with normal upgrade logic. That would suggest in this instance half the plane as 75Ks or golds on higher fares than me, which I guess is possible but doesn't seem super likely.

Edit: Nevermind. Upgraded
Well that was fun while it lasted. Back to Q400. Going to be some disappointed people losing their upgrades, plus seat assignments for the whole plane tossed up in the air and rearranged. 😐
Old May 25, 2017, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Well that was fun while it lasted. Back to Q400. Going to be some disappointed people losing their upgrades, plus seat assignments for the whole plane tossed up in the air and rearranged. 😐
Well keep us posted.

Sounds like QX is having some fun

Maybe they should do upgrades @ the gate like the 739's...
Old May 26, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL FO
I have booked the inaugural flight from MCI to SAN in first, which is so far on Horizon. Unless AS blocks seats, it appears only two other people are traveling with me.

I am actually looking forward to the flight, as I have never been on an inaugural flight before. I do not know if AS has anything special planned or not. I do not really care about that. I just want to be on an inaugural flight. I have never flown QX either, so that will be another first.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by psa727
I have booked the inaugural flight from MCI to SAN in first, which is so far on Horizon. Unless AS blocks seats, it appears only two other people are traveling with me.

I am actually looking forward to the flight, as I have never been on an inaugural flight before. I do not know if AS has anything special planned or not. I do not really care about that. I just want to be on an inaugural flight. I have never flown QX either, so that will be another first.
Imagine MCI should have some celebrations ^

Hope you like QX
Old May 29, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by ctporter
Flew the E175 as a QX flight SEA OAK on Monday, and OAK SEA yesterday (Tuesday). Both flights had a trainer helping the FC FA - going over all the new procedures for Horizon attendants that now have a real FC. I really like that plane
I was on that same SEA OAK flight in 2A. Except for the occasional drip of condensation from the AC unit above, the plane was great.
Old May 31, 2017, 10:33 pm

Looking at some photos on google images, it seems like row 4 on E175 may have 2 windows - has anyone noticed that?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:35 pm

620 did a PDX-OAK run Wednesday now 622 is departing momentarily for the same PDX-OAK run. PDX-OAK appears to be the only route getting these unscheduled substitutions when a frame is sitting at PDX with nothing to do.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Something's not quite right in this photo from last night...
Been looking and looking at this picture and I just don't see anything. Maybe I am just blind but looks normal to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.