Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Horizon E175 Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Horizon E175 Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dayone
I realize that economics trumps everything, but it's unfortunate that Horizon is choosing to take over some existing SkyWest E75 routes rather than deploying the new planes on its own Q routes.

Is PDX-DFW AS' longest E75 route?
PDX-AUS is about a hundred miles longer.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:58 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by jinglish
PDX-AUS is about a hundred miles longer.
Yet, oddly, blocked 9 minutes shorter.

The SkyWest PDX-DFW is very often early (40 minutes on my last flight).
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:13 pm

I realize that economics trumps everything, but it's unfortunate that Horizon is choosing to take over some existing SkyWest E75 routes rather than deploying the new planes on its own Q routes.

PDX-MKE, AUS and STL are all within 10 miles of each other and about 100 miles further than PDX-DFW.

I suspect you'll see new routes once they take delivery of more planes but I think the first routes are going to be to move some of the longer flights from the Q400 to the E75, which everyone here has been really anxious for. Still, I see new routes being offered on the E jet within a year or so.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by beckoa
Agree it'll be a trickle.

It's not like AS and a new 739. This is a new aircraft type, and requires substantially more training for pilots and even FA's

I'm sure they're excited though aside from having a F cabin
That would make sense to place those QX crews into existing E175 routes to get up to speed. Replacing Q400 routes would be more than just crew retraining-- boarding/carry on differences, possibly different gates, pax education, etc.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Yet, oddly, blocked 9 minutes shorter.

The SkyWest PDX-DFW is very often early (40 minutes on my last flight).
I would assume the block time takes into account airport size, congestion, and airspace congestion. I bet there's less time holding and taxiing in AUS compared to DFW.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by lg20
I would assume the block time takes into account airport size, congestion, and airspace congestion. I bet there's less time holding and taxiing in AUS compared to DFW.
The flight typically arrives at DFW before 5:30 am. There are no congestion, holding or taxiing delays at that hour. In fact, the flight lands on the east side of the airport. All other AS flights arrive on west side runways, which are much farther from the AS gates. Also, it usually lands to the south, so the landing roll is in the direction of the gates.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:39 am

Looks like at least some flights are loaded now. I'm seeing STL-PDX as E75 operated by QX in May.

Edit: Not seeing any change in current longer Q400 routes unfortunately

Edit 2: Looks like STL-PDX is the only route loaded for now.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

The good news about that LONG E75 route is that it's typically an easy upgrade if you're an AS elite (partly because it leaves around midnight).
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Looks like at least some flights are loaded now. I'm seeing STL-PDX as E75 operated by QX in May.

Edit: Not seeing any change in current longer Q400 routes unfortunately

Edit 2: Looks like STL-PDX is the only route loaded for now.
Found a random PDX-SEA and SEA-PDX so far with the E175.

Edit: Mainline is returning to BOI next summer...SEA-BOI on a 738. That's new, isn't it?

Last edited by Chugach; Nov 7, 2016 at 11:32 am
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:40 pm

According to the Sonoma aviation commission E175 are going to start replacing Q400 in Sonoma in the Summer
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by SNAnghbr
According to the Sonoma aviation commission E175 are going to start replacing Q400 in Sonoma in the Summer
I don't know ... Snoopy looking out at a jet on the the ramp just ain't the same as Snoopy looking out at a DH4 on the ramp
Attached Images   
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:33 pm

Also 9:55 am SEA-OAK flight starting in May
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Originally Posted by Chugach
Mainline is returning to BOI next summer...SEA-BOI on a 738. That's new, isn't it?
You have my attention. Where did you find that?
The E175 is late night SEA-BOI and PDX-BOI.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:47 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by 3ur0tr45h
Spoke with a 12-year QX flight attendant who said the E175's will be used on new routes and the Q400s are sticking around to serve the routes they already do. Not sure if that's accurate but it will be disappointing if it is.
Sounds like a classic heard it from a full that heard it from some lady gossip. I doubt they find out more than a week before we do what a/c is being deployed to where and when. Maybe I am wrong. Eventually all the old q400s will obviously go away. There are 8 or 10 approaching 20 years old. As likes to keep a newer fleet ^

Last edited by ANC; Nov 8, 2016 at 3:53 pm
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
Sounds like a classic heard it from a full that heard it from some lady gossip. I doubt they find out more than a week before we do what a/c is being deployed to where and when. Maybe I am wrong. Eventually all the old q400s will obviously go away. There are 8 or 10 approaching 20 years old. As likes to keep a newer fleet ^
I have heard the same thing from an AAG employees who is most certainly in in the know - the Q400s that were slated to leave are likely staying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.