Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA's using overhead bins in F class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80
The last several times I've boarded and had a seat in row 1 the row 1 bins were explicitly closed to prevent people from other rows stuffing things inside.

Also, this thread is about FAs doing the stuffing of their stuff, not other passengers. The FAs definitely know about the stickers.

Neil
Actually, no, the FA's don't "definitely know about the stickers". I had no idea these stickers were even there until this thread. Obviously, they've been there but I only noticed them because of the information in this thread - so it's not a given that most other FA's know they're there either.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Also, only one FA tends to work the entire F cabin unless someone from Y helps out after they finish what they were supposed to do. So, that one FA in the front should put their stuff in the front closet or put their stuff in the back and not inconvenience the passengers.
as mentioned in a previous post, the closet is intended for wheelchairs and walkers. Often times FA's will put their bags in the closet but wheelchairs, walkers and other assistive devices for disabled passengers will always take priority. Secondly, I'm not about to put my one small bag that has my personal items "in the back". I'll put it where I can see it and be sure nobody is getting into it or taking off the plane with them, and that is most often in the first overhead bin. Having said that, I also will not put more then that in the overhead bin so that those persons in row 1 will have plenty of space for their own items. If a Flight Attendant does fill up that bin then I think it's fair to ask them to move some of their items so the passenger has space - but it really should never come to that to begin with.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
If a Flight Attendant does fill up that bin then I think it's fair to ask them to move some of their items so the passenger has space - but it really should never come to that to begin with.
Thank you. Please spread the word to your coworkers and you will have atoned for your past transgressions.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77
I would love to see proof of how "all too many often" this actually happens.
It doesn't happen often, but it happens. I've walked into the galley to find a passenger going through personal stuff in my flight bag that was sitting out. I've had co-workers have their phones and wallets taken. It's not a common occurrence, but enough that we are all usually protective of our personal items and want them within our eyesight.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Thank you. Please spread the word to your coworkers and you will have atoned for your past transgressions.
I haven't transgressed to begin with (at least not in this respect) but, if it makes you feel better, I usually will suggest they move their items if I notice a co-worker filling up that front bin with their stuff.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I haven't transgressed to begin with (at least not in this respect) but, if it makes you feel better, I usually will suggest they move their items if I notice a co-worker filling up that front bin with their stuff.
As a paying customer, "Many thanks!"
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS
Had bad experience today. SEA/ LAX . We had 1AC. Plane boarded extra early...we arrived 15 before scheduled boarding. F full except our seats. Bins all open and totally full. FA suggested I try space to find space between 4 and 6. (seriously?). I only had purse and tote bag.
I asked whose bags were above 1AC. She stated they were hers. I asked if she would please move them as this bin is for bulkhead passengers only. She got huffy and said that is not true. I looked in closet , totally empty. Asked if she could please move her bags to closet. She said nowhere does it say that bin should be for bulkhead passengers. I close the bin and point to sign on bin.
Loudly, she says, "well, if she wants me to move my bags, then I guess I will move my bags." Everyone in F is now glaring at me, I am now the bad guy. Huffing, eye rolls and neck roll, she insists on putting her bags in cockpit. Other FA reminds her there is plenty of room in closet and bin 2-11 is empty. No, she was really mad. Of course, the rest of the flight was really unpleasant.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
Had bad experience today. SEA/ LAX . We had 1AC. Plane boarded extra early...we arrived 15 before scheduled boarding. F full except our seats. Bins all open and totally full. FA suggested I try space to find space between 4 and 6. (seriously?). I only had purse and tote bag.
I asked whose bags were above 1AC. She stated they were hers. I asked if she would please move them as this bin is for bulkhead passengers only. She got huffy and said that is not true. I looked in closet , totally empty. Asked if she could please move her bags to closet. She said nowhere does it say that bin should be for bulkhead passengers. I close the bin and point to sign on bin.
Loudly, she says, "well, if she wants me to move my bags, then I guess I will move my bags." Everyone in F is now glaring at me, I am now the bad guy. Huffing, eye rolls and neck roll, she insists on putting her bags in cockpit. Other FA reminds her there is plenty of room in closet and bin 2-11 is empty. No, she was really mad. Of course, the rest of the flight was really unpleasant.
Alaskalistens.com. Right now. Don't waste another minute. I hope you got her name, too, so you can mention it.

Last edited by dave1013; Sep 27, 2016 at 5:18 pm Reason: Add the name
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:50 pm

DYKWIAFA!

Thanks for standing your ground. Please report her.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I've been noticing that some of the FA's working F have been very very junior. Did Alaska go on a hiring spree or have a ton of retirements?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I've been noticing that some of the FA's working F have been very very junior. Did Alaska go on a hiring spree or have a ton of retirements?
...well with expansion of the fleet...
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:21 am

This is really unfortunate. I hope you'll fill out the Alaska Listens form ASAP. Just curious, what flight # was this?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: AS
It was #452. SEA/ LAX. 10:35am departure
The crew was LAX based. Her name is FA 1 . FA who worked F was FA 2 and FA 1 came forward to assist.
She seemed to be a junior FA. (FA from rear came forward to chat and FA 1 was asking how her son could fly free on Alaska.
Meal service seemed difficult for FA 2. Empty trays sat for long time. No second pass for drinks, I finally went up and asked for more water.
Other passengers in F were frustrated and vocal about the solid parade of Y passengers to F lav. Every time the guy behind me got up someone from Y beat him to lav.
He finally went to FA 2 and asked why she allowed Y to line up at 3 to use F lav and why the curtain at the divider was not closed. (We were in the middle of lunch service.)
She said, " I am sorry you are not happy" and went to rear galley. We all just looked at each other.
Needless to say, this flight had bad energy from the start. Crew had early start (SFO/SEA) before our flight. ( loud complaining from FA, easy to overhear )
They were not happy and they did not care if passengers were the same.

Last edited by ryandc99; Sep 28, 2016 at 11:14 am Reason: cleanup
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:15 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just a quick reminder about posting the names of airline employees. I've cleaned up the last post and replaced with FA 1, FA 2, etc.

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#privacy
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
It was #452. SEA/ LAX. 10:35am departure
The crew was LAX based. Her name is FA 1 . FA who worked F was FA 2 and FA 1 came forward to assist.
She seemed to be a junior FA. (FA from rear came forward to chat and FA 1 was asking how her son could fly free on Alaska.
Meal service seemed difficult for FA 2. Empty trays sat for long time. No second pass for drinks, I finally went up and asked for more water.
Other passengers in F were frustrated and vocal about the solid parade of Y passengers to F lav. Every time the guy behind me got up someone from Y beat him to lav.
He finally went to FA 2 and asked why she allowed Y to line up at 3 to use F lav and why the curtain at the divider was not closed. (We were in the middle of lunch service.)
She said, " I am sorry you are not happy" and went to rear galley. We all just looked at each other.
Needless to say, this flight had bad energy from the start. Crew had early start (SFO/SEA) before our flight. ( loud complaining from FA, easy to overhear )
They were not happy and they did not care if passengers were the same.
Definitely a note to Alaska Listens or a phone call if you prefer that.

Not sure about anyone else but I feel like FAs aren't the same as they used to be a year ago. I've noticed they stopped addressing PAX by name and thanking them for their business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.