Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Is LAN award availability showing up on the AS website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum

Hi There,

I've done a bunch of searches, and I can get LAN availability to show up w/ the BA site, but I can't get anything to show on the AS website... User error? Different inventory? Or does it just not show up on the website? Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
LAN and Cathay Pacific awards aren't available for searching on AS's site. Find inventory on BA and then call AS to book.

Beware that AS seems to be shrugging its shoulders about the LAN/TAM merger, so only LAN-coded flights will be bookable.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jinglish
LAN and Cathay Pacific awards aren't available for searching on AS's site. Find inventory on BA and then call AS to book.

Beware that AS seems to be shrugging its shoulders about the LAN/TAM merger, so only LAN-coded flights will be bookable.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm specifically looking at JFK->SCL. It's available on BA so I'm guessing that might mean it would be available via phone w/ AS. I'll try tomorrow. Also, would adding an AA segment onto it be okay, in terms of routing rules? I.E. Would SFO->JFK->SCL be a valid routing, with SFO->JFK being on AA and JFK->SCL being on LAN?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Also, would adding an AA segment onto it be okay, in terms of routing rules? I.E. Would SFO->JFK->SCL be a valid routing, with SFO->JFK being on AA and JFK->SCL being on LAN?
You can only combine AS and one partner on any given award, so no. You'd have to either redeem a separate AA award or find AS space SFO-SEA-JFK.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
You can only combine AS and one partner on any given award, so no. You'd have to either redeem a separate AA award or find AS space SFO-SEA-JFK.
Or SJC-EWR
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Or SJC-EWR
Woah... Is SJC-EWR,JFK-SCL a valid routing??
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:57 am

Forgot about the new EWR service from SJC! And yeah, EWR and JFK are valid coterminals for AS awards.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Forgot about the new EWR service from SJC! And yeah, EWR and JFK are valid coterminals for AS awards.
What about checked baggage? Getting from EWR to JFK as a passenger is tough enough... Not sure if the bags would make it :-). Would it actually make the transfer?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
What about checked baggage? Getting from EWR to JFK as a passenger is tough enough... Not sure if the bags would make it :-). Would it actually make the transfer?
You'd collect the bags in EWR and self-transport them to JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.