Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Confirmations Not Being Received?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Email Confirmations Not Being Received?

We've wrapped up some award travel bookings using AS miles. Typically, we build in the segments piecemeal and at the end of each step, the AS res agent emails us a new or updated confirmation. This occurred without fail on the first two steps/segment builds. However, since that time, not a single one has come through to us. We've had multiple agents try, and we've tried to have them send it to two different email addresses. We've double and triple-checked with them that everything was spelled correctly on their end.

Is there an IT issue with emails leaving AS? We find this very bizarre (perhaps we're under some sort of karma attack from the IT universe? ).

Anyway, the first two emails we did receive correctly weren't even a month ago, while over the past 2-3 weeks, we've received nothing. One agent sent us a coded confirmation (think DOS version of Sabre printout) from her own AS email account, which we received, but nothing from the main system.

I've gone into the website and emailed receipts home to both email addresses just fine - no issues and instantaneous. I suppose it's not a big deal, but it's very curious and wondered if anybody else has been affected.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
What I have seen the past few months is that, after booking a trip, the email that I forward from the final confirmation page is blank. This has occurred several times and has been noted by at least two of my friends as being an issue.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by JPat
What I have seen the past few months is that, after booking a trip, the email that I forward from the final confirmation page is blank.
This occurred when trying to view the email on our iphones. But on our MAC, they come through fine and we can see the details. And - again - those are on confirmations we send ourselves from the trip confirmation page on the website. We don't even get an email from Alaska directly when the CSA's try to send it.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
I had that problem earlier this week, when the agent said she emailed me the updated itinerary, no email. However, like the OP, once I email it to myself it comes through just fine.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, Hyatt Globalist
I'm having a similar (the same?) problem. Made a number of changes on Monday to CX award reservations booked using AS miles. Still hadn't received confirmation emails on Wednesdays so I called in and spoke to an agent who could see the reservations in the system and said she would email the confirmations to me. 18 hours later I still haven't received anything.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDX_PAX
I'm having a similar (the same?) problem. Made a number of changes on Monday to CX award reservations booked using AS miles. Still hadn't received confirmation emails on Wednesdays so I called in and spoke to an agent who could see the reservations in the system and said she would email the confirmations to me. 18 hours later I still haven't received anything.
Originally Posted by sonomawine
I had that problem earlier this week, when the agent said she emailed me the updated itinerary, no email.
Yeah, it sounds like you both have experienced exactly the same problem as I have, so it sounds like an IT issue at AS.

Missy - any thoughts here?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by PDX_PAX
Same thing happened to me except I am on Emirates award flights.

Don't receive emails whenever I make a change online, or if there is a schedule change update, or if i call and agent says they'll email.

I double-check by calling that everything is okay, and on Emirates site everything looks okay also, so I guess its fine. Just an email issue.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
Originally Posted by JPat
What I have seen the past few months is that, after booking a trip, the email that I forward from the final confirmation page is blank. This has occurred several times and has been noted by at least two of my friends as being an issue.
This occurred when trying to view the email on our iphones. But on our MAC, they come through fine and we can see the details. And - again - those are on confirmations we send ourselves from the trip confirmation page on the website. We don't even get an email from Alaska directly when the CSA's try to send it.

I've also had recent problems receiving the "official" email confirmations from Alaska. Most recently, yesterday after making an award ticket change on Emirates - I still haven't received the email.

Another problem is one that dates to the last AS website "upgrade" (a term I am using loosely). I can send a duplicate receipt email copy from my trip confirmation, but the email doesn't open or respond like the ones that are auto-generated by the system or sent by CSA. In Outlook those replacement emails take *forever* to open - a window opens saying the email is accessing a webpage. Very annoying!

This problem does not happen with the regular, official emails, and it never happened before the last website upgrade.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I've also had recent problems receiving the "official" email confirmations from Alaska. Most recently, yesterday after making an award ticket change on Emirates - I still haven't received the email.

Another problem is one that dates to the last AS website "upgrade" (a term I am using loosely). I can send a duplicate receipt email copy from my trip confirmation, but the email doesn't open or respond like the ones that are auto-generated by the system or sent by CSA. In Outlook those replacement emails take *forever* to open - a window opens saying the email is accessing a webpage. Very annoying!

This problem does not happen with the regular, official emails, and it never happened before the last website upgrade.
I didnt know that we'd have a thread on this topic too. I am facing email confirmation issues and had brushed aside the idea of posting on FT - thinking it could be just a busy day for ticketing dept.

We had two upgrades from J to F. For one I received the upgrade confirmation instantly and received F itinerary.

The other ticket has not triggered any email confirmation. PNR lookup shows F itinerary on CX as well as checkmytrip sites. I called Alaska for confirmation and the CSA said she will send through one. Few mins later I received my old ticket as per J. Called again, the agent confirmed she is seeing F, and said she will resend the itinerary. Received the email and voila - still J.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:36 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Also seeing major delays here. In fact I am not sure it is email related.

In one case, it never came and when I tried to pull up the PNR on the website it failed and said to please call. Turned out the automation system for charging the 12.50$ partner booking fee had failed and wasn't auto processing. once they dropped my ticket in a manual queue, the 12.50 charged and I got the email.

Very odd, happened twice over the last week.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Also seeing major delays here. In fact I am not sure it is email related.

In one case, it never came and when I tried to pull up the PNR on the website it failed and said to please call. Turned out the automation system for charging the 12.50$ partner booking fee had failed and wasn't auto processing. once they dropped my ticket in a manual queue, the 12.50 charged and I got the email.

Very odd, happened twice over the last week.

My issues are email related. I can pull up my two itineraries on the AS website or on the partner site, both are accurate with the updated information. But the official emails still have not arrived after more than 48 hours.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i had a slow one today on a mixed AS/partner booking. the confirmation email finally showed up 2-3 hours after ticketing was completed on the website.

perhaps the hamsters running the IT engine are being fed the same portion sizes as AS F transcon passengers, and they can't keep up with the demands of their jobs
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
I just booked for different itineraries this week and all four came in emails shortly thereafter.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 1:56 pm
Suspended

I never received my complimentary upgrade confirmation email.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Mixed bag- I've received upgrade and original booking confirmation emails but not a new confirmation after had the res split by a rep. Last one I can see that I got after a live rep touched a res was back at the end of July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.