Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

new to AS MP, looking for consolidated info on reciprocal partner elite benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new to AS MP, looking for consolidated info on reciprocal partner elite benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass

Hi all, Sorry if this is a repetitive post but the info is very scattered throughout AS forum. I'm hoping for consolidated info.
I'm thinking of putting all my non-United and Star Alliance mileage earning into Alaska Mileage Plan.
I fly mainly United and Star Alliance, but do fly some OneWorld and Sky Team like Aero Mexico in Mexico and an AA flight a few times a year when the airport doesn't have much United service. Or maybe one Emirates flight when its the lowest fare. I have been collecting these miles in separate mileage accounts and realize how foolish it is because I never have enough miles to do anything with.
So currently how does the partner airline stuff work?
Elite status benefits from the partner airlines? EK? Aero Mexico? CX? AA?
Like boarding priority, lounge access, elite check in lines and security lines, luggage allowance? Which Alaska partners have reciprocal benefits and what benefits are they?
Also is there any downside to earning on Alaska Mileage Plan for all of my infrequent flying on OneWorld, Sky Team and Emirates?

Thanks for answering.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:24 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
AA: priority check-in, priority boarding (immediately after OneWorld Ruby elites), free checked bags, and free Preferred/MCE seating (Golds and above get free MCE; MVPs get free Preferred seats at booking and free MCE at T-24)
DL: priority check-in, Group 1 boarding, and potential for upgrades
EK: supposedly lounge access for Golds and Gold 75Ks, but I don't know if that's taken effect yet
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Here is the official Alaska page for partner elite benefits

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/membership-benefits/elite-partner-benefits.aspx
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
Thank you. I see its only reciprocal benefits on a few partners. But it seems like it still makes sense to earn all of my infrequent OneWorld, Sky Team and EK miles into Alaska for consolidating miles and redemption on all the partners in the future?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Yes, that is what I do. You just have to understand the rules for redemption and you should be fine.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by dko3tgk
Thank you. I see its only reciprocal benefits on a few partners. But it seems like it still makes sense to earn all of my infrequent OneWorld, Sky Team and EK miles into Alaska for consolidating miles and redemption on all the partners in the future?
Definitely. The strength of the program is the ability to funnel your miles to one place, even if it's not at 100% (meaning 1 mile per mile flown). With DL and AA going revenue based on the mileage side anyway, crediting all of them to AS and just shopping for the low fare seems like a winner to me. I've been doing that for the last 3 years and am very happy.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by jinglish
AA: priority check-in, priority boarding (immediately after OneWorld Ruby elites), free checked bags, and free Preferred/MCE seating (Golds and above get free MCE; MVPs get free Preferred seats at booking and free MCE at T-24)
DL: priority check-in, Group 1 boarding, and potential for upgrades
EK: supposedly lounge access for Golds and Gold 75Ks, but I don't know if that's taken effect yet
Recent report says that there is NO lounge access on EK for MVPG when someone tried.

But to add to that list:

FI: Saga Lounge in KEF for MVPG
BA: LHR lounge access when flying LHR-SEA for MVPG until September
HU: Lounge access at Xian, Beijing, Haikou, Guangzhou, ürümqi.

This is all listed on this page:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-benefits.aspx
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: DL-PM
DL also gives you access to preferred seats, and sometimes Ups to C+ if C- is full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.