Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts on the next AS destination?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
SJC/SAN-EWR, now that EWR is opening up a bit.
New opportunities at EWR due to change from level 3 to level 2.

http://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?new...oc&cid=101_N_U

Once those 30 E175's start arriving I think you'll see many new routes added from PDX, SJC, SAN and possibly SFO. More SAN-Mexico should be considered now that Volaris is dropping MEX and GDL.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by HiFlyerAS
New opportunities at EWR due to change from level 3 to level 2.

http://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?new...oc&cid=101_N_U

Once those 30 E175's start arriving I think you'll see many new routes added from PDX, SJC, SAN and possibly SFO. More SAN-Mexico should be considered now that Volaris is dropping MEX and GDL.
E175 would be perfect for daily nonstop service from PSC (Pasco, WA) to LAX! :P

Seriously though, I want sub $100 one way fares to LAX. I want a F option. I want daily, not Alligent's "You'll fly when we say you will" seasonal service.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I think there's going to be fewer new destinations and more dot connecting until the merger is complete.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by acarney
E175 would be perfect for daily nonstop service from PSC (Pasco, WA) to LAX! :P

Seriously though, I want sub $100 one way fares to LAX. I want a F option. I want daily, not Alligent's "You'll fly when we say you will" seasonal service.
Then the LAX crowd can taste some good wines for once when they fly to PSC.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
For free per AS's promos! They could bring some home too, because, "wine flies free!"
Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by 3ur0tr45h
BLI-LAX/SNA
There are a lot of Canadians flying that route. How about direct E175 service which bypasses customs?
Originally Posted by beckoa
...If G4 gets things going there, I'm sure AS will be there in a matter of weeks behind
G4 has flown BLI-LAX for a few years. I seem to recall that the service started after Western ended operations. G4 has been very adamant about serving LAX instead of a smaller airport as well, which is a contrast to their long ago switch from SFO to OAK.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
I'm pulling for CMH and it looks like Alaska is in discussions: http://614now.com/2016/news/asia-sea...ut-of-columbus
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
MSN - Madison WI

Large enough, economically growing, and no current service west of Denver. If the E175 can do it perhaps multiple west coast destinations?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by mroseman13
I'm pulling for CMH and it looks like Alaska is in discussions: http://614now.com/2016/news/asia-sea...ut-of-columbus
Good find.

Jiburi
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
G4 has flown BLI-LAX for a few years. I seem to recall that the service started after Western ended operations. G4 has been very adamant about serving LAX instead of a smaller airport as well, which is a contrast to their long ago switch from SFO to OAK.
BLI-LAX started when G4 opened service at LAX. Mostly on the fact that BLI is one of their busier bases.

I'm actually hoping QX BLI-LAS on a E175 for the Jun-Nov fill as it's now only seasonal on AS

I was unimpressed with AS a whole when they went seasonal on BLI-LAS, as not only did the route disappear for the summer, but they doubled the summer and winter prices for the cnx via SEA when the non-stop went away. It's now cheaper to fly out of YVR (and you don't hear that very often).
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:55 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mroseman13
I would be really happy if this flight launched!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by BOB W
Not needed. LAX has had nonstop flights to Paris for years.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by CZBB
BLI-LAX started when G4 opened service at LAX. Mostly on the fact that BLI is one of their busier bases.

I'm actually hoping QX BLI-LAS on a E175 for the Jun-Nov fill as it's now only seasonal on AS

I was unimpressed with AS a whole when they went seasonal on BLI-LAS, as not only did the route disappear for the summer, but they doubled the summer and winter prices for the cnx via SEA when the non-stop went away. It's now cheaper to fly out of YVR (and you don't hear that very often).
As much as I like flying out of BLI, the prices need to be comparable to SEA and YVR to make it work for me. The catchment area is supposed to be Mill Creek to Vancouver, but people aren't going to drive to BLI to pay more money and have a connection in SEA anyway unless they live somewhere close. That reduces the catchment area down to something like Stanwood to Surrey.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by channa
Not needed. LAX has had nonstop flights to Paris for years.
Hate to nit-pick, but you misspelled Santa Rosa.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by haddon90
building an AUS mini hub is intriguing. growing market. i get IAH/DFW are around the corner. but AUS is growing like crazy.

not saying they should do it. but it's an interesting theory.
There is opportunity at AUS, though I'm not sure AS is well poised to execute on that until after the VX merger.

Speaking of which, do we think they keep or sell off the DAL gates when the time comes?

In the short term, I see them bolstering the CA franchise. There's more to do at SAN. ONT seems like a huge opportunity that someone's eventually going to figure out. And, to a lesser degree, OAK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.