Wiki Posts
Search

MSP-SIN availability?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
MSP-SIN availability?

If I look for flights at the end of June from MSP - SIN the site tells me no available flights. If I look at SEA-SIN I get some options for the same dates with Emirates. Is this based on having mixed operators to get to SIN from MSP? Would it be better to book two separate trips MSP-SEA/LAX and then SEA/LAX-SIN? Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 2, 2016, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
You would need to rely on AS space from LAX-SEA-MSP to keep it on the same ticket. Separate tickets would allow another carrier to be used but keep in mind one way booking on DL is the RT cost as one way awards are not available to AS from DL
Old May 2, 2016, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Originally Posted by CDKing
You would need to rely on AS space from LAX-SEA-MSP to keep it on the same ticket. Separate tickets would allow another carrier to be used but keep in mind one way booking on DL is the RT cost as one way awards are not available to AS from DL

So it's the lack of space on AS metal not partner availability in this case?
Old May 2, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
AS award redemptions are limited to one partner carrier in each direction of travel. You can't fly Delta MSP-SEA then pick up CX for SEA-HKG-SIN, for example, on a single AS award MSP-SIN.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post25957996
Old May 2, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by mrapollinax
So it's the lack of space on AS metal not partner availability in this case?
Search MSP-SEA availability separately. It needs to be priced at 12.5k in order to be mixed with a partner. Once you find a date, you should be able to book MSP-SEA (AS) SEA-DXB-SIN(EK).

An alternative would be MSP-NRT-SIN on Delta. Not sure if you can find space, but it would be a whole lot more appealing than flying an extra ~3500mi through Dubai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.