New Delta Ad: "You can't stop Seattle"

Old May 1, 2016, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
New Delta Ad: "You can't stop Seattle"

It'll be interesting to see the AS response; hopefully all that new air to air is used well.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Umm...lame. IMO.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Umm...lame. IMO.
The "here we are..." especially rubs me the wrong way. Delta, you aren't from Seattle. Stop pretending.
Old May 1, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by QXflyer
The "here we are..." especially rubs me the wrong way. Delta, you aren't from Seattle. Stop pretending.
Exactly. Now, if they were using this same ad in Atlanta then they'd have a legit claim. DL saw an opportunity to make money and took it - plain and simple. They have no more allegiance to this community, or the airport that serves it, then they do the communities and airports of Cincinnati or Memphis. As long as there's money to be made here they'll be here - as soon as the money dries up they'll hit the skids.
Old May 1, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Exactly. Now, if they were using this same ad in Atlanta then they'd have a legit claim. DL saw an opportunity to make money and took it - plain and simple. They have no more allegiance to this community, or the airport that serves it, then they do the communities and airports of Cincinnati or Memphis. As long as there's money to be made here they'll be here - as soon as the money dries up they'll hit the skids.
+1
Old May 1, 2016, 8:02 pm

You can't stop Seattle...

...but Seattle can stop you, DL?
Old May 1, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
I am no DL fan, but I'm not sure where they are from will really matter in the long run. AS isn't originally from Seattle and although I have been loyal to the airline since '92, I won't subsidize AS if they turn to crap and DL suddenly starts meeting my needs. Now let's get those damn fruit/cheese plates back!
Old May 1, 2016, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by felixmendelssohn
Now let's get those damn fruit/cheese plates back!
Are you sending a comment to Alaskalistens.com when you fly and aren't able to purchase one?
Old May 2, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
Are you sending a comment to Alaskalistens.com when you fly and aren't able to purchase one?
Yes.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
That's just how businesses (are supposed to) behave, I think. Do you think AS is fundamentally different?
Old May 2, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That's just how businesses (are supposed to) behave, I think. Do you think AS is fundamentally different?
Of course Alaska is a business but Seattle is their home. It has been for a very, very long time. I do think they have an allegiance to Seattle that Delta doesn't - though they say they do. I also think that Alaska operates a little differently, but the fundamentals are still the same. When I say that, I'm referring primarily to their operations in the state of Alaska. Alaska is firmly committed to the state of Alaska in a way that I've not seen any other airline behave elsewhere.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Of course Alaska is a business but Seattle is their home.
Exactly. Although AS is a business, it is still made up of thousands of people who are dedicated to the Pacific NW. If Seattle became less profitable, they wouldn't just up and leave.
Old May 2, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by beckoa
Umm...lame. IMO.
I agree their sorry line is more international than domestic, which they have a point, but then so do a lot of other international carriers. I think AS is going about it in the right way, the Virgin was a good move on their part. The interesting thing will be how AS emerges from the combing of the two carriers, do they keep all Boeing, do they up their game in service, which frankly needs to be, and international travel.
Old May 2, 2016, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edgewood49
I think AS is going about it in the right way, the Virgin was a good move on their part.
Don't forget that Delta is also an owner of a Virgin airline (Atlantic--49%), and they have also been adopting some of their service habits, such as pajamas and clubhouses.

While AS might be trending in the right direction service-wise, DL is too.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Don't forget that Delta is also an owner of a Virgin airline (Atlantic--49%), and they have also been adopting some of their service habits, such as pajamas and clubhouses.

While AS might be trending in the right direction service-wise, DL is too.
I remember years ago after flying Virgin A I wrote AS and told them they need to take a flight !!!

Remember it was just last month that AS was testing small dishes in FC similar to Virgin's FC service

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.