Wiki Posts
Search

An idea for Alaska to consider...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Air MVP Gold
An idea for Alaska to consider...

As an MVPG I get one free drink in couch. I'd love to option to forgo that drink for a digi player! They cost about the same anyway...
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
If you forgo the drink you do get an alternate choice: the chocolate bar. You often have to ask for it, but that's why it's there.

Neil
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by Flat Lake Flyer
As an MVPG I get one free drink in couch. I'd love to option to forgo that drink for a digi player! They cost about the same anyway...
Fly enough to get to 75K and that'll get you what you're asking for! In addition to the drink!
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Awesome idea, but never gonna happen...I would be happy with an extra bag of pretzels....they have a hard enough time giving out the free chocolate bars that supposedly still exist.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Awesome idea, but never gonna happen...I would be happy with an extra bag of pretzels....they have a hard enough time giving out the free chocolate bars that supposedly still exist.
I have received a free chocolate bar about 4x this year, with a smile every single time I have asked for one. I don't understand why it is a big deal to have to ask if it is not volunteered.

FA: "Hi Mr. PV_Premier, thanks for being a gold member, can we offer you a free drink today?"

Me: "No thanks, but if you have any of the complimentary chocolate bars, I'd love one of those"

I have also never been denied another bag of pretzels or snack mix if asking...fwiw.

Back to the original topic of the thread, it would indeed be nice if MVPG could choose between 1x free drink or 1x free digi, while 75K continue to get both gratis.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:51 pm

I'd forgo both to fly on a couch!
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by johnp012001
I'd forgo both to fly on a couch!
You can! To both Auckland and London from LAX: http://www.airnewzealand.com/economy-skycouch
Old May 2, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by sturges
You can! To both Auckland and London from LAX: http://www.airnewzealand.com/economy-skycouch
Love it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.