Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin A319 flying Q400 routes?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Air MVP Gold
Virgin A319 flying Q400 routes?

Just wondering if we might see the larger A319 flying any of the Q400 routes in the future. I'm guessing not on the shorter one. I fly out of EUG for connections to ANC and would love to see them.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Flat Lake Flyer
Just wondering if we might see the larger A319 flying any of the Q400 routes in the future. I'm guessing not on the shorter one. I fly out of EUG for connections to ANC and would love to see them.
Way too early for anything but speculation and arm-chair operations.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
A319 wont be on any routes out of or into Eugene. If AS even keeps them they will be put on prime F routes
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Way too early for anything but speculation and arm-chair operations.
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early . Shoulden't we still be speculating about the FFP's and partners.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:01 pm

I think most of Virgin America's A319 are leased, and they have been around for almost 8 years or more.

From I remember correctly, VX will phase out the A319s eventually, when they receive more A320/A321 ceos and neos.

The A319s are now mostly used on the DAL and SEA flights.

I actually think the merger may speed up their returns.

Carfield
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Hmm EUG-ANC?

AS is starting GEG-ANC after all

*flagged for merge*
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I support A319's on the forthcoming EUG-ANC as long as the middle seats are blocked.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:01 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Q400s will be replaced on some routes with E175s, which is an even bigger upgrade in terms of passenger comfort, in my opinion, but preserves the same capacity so this makes more sense. The only place I could see A319s replacing Q400s are very high frequency routes like SEA-PDX/GEG that at least sometimes have some 737s mixed in anyway.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Flat Lake Flyer
'In the future' is indefinite. It may happen, but I can assure you it won't happen quickly. That's not how integration of unionized pilot work forces goes in the U.S. Virgin America pilots fly VX routes; Horizon pilots fly QX routes & equipment; AS pilots fly AS routes & equipment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.