Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning on DL for W Class (C+)..?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:59 pm

Original Poster

Earning AS via Delta W fares?

The AS Delta partner earnings chart doesn't show "W" (Comfort+) fares.

Anybody know what the AS eqm/rdm earning rate is on Delta W fares?

-David
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:15 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
I asked the twitter team about this and they gave me the standard line "if it's not on the chart, you don't earn miles for it". Which doesn't make any sense. But I'm hesitant to book it until the chart is updated.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

W for Comfort+ (only sold for US/Canada flights) is basically a subclass of the various coach fares. For example, an X fare main cabin might have an XAVNA0MB fare code, while the W for Comfort+ equivalent has an XAVNA0CB fare code. So there is effectively an underlying "X" fare for both. This makes things complicated as it doesn't really make sense to treat a cheap W with an underlying X fare code the same as an expensive W with an underlying M fare code (for example).
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Kind of like I fares on AM. No points even though its discount J. I'm sure the remainder of the partnership will be cancelled before W fare is added.

Originally Posted by LBJ
This makes things complicated as it doesn't really make sense to treat a cheap W with an underlying X fare code the same as an expensive W with an underlying M fare code (for example).
That would make sense as a reason W isn't on the chart
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:55 pm

Original Poster

I wonder if it will credit as the underlying fare basis code. X in the example.

Unfortunately there's no way to tell what that is on delta.com unless you go through with the purchase.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Apr 24, 2016 at 6:04 pm
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
If there is another viable option and the miles are important, I wouldn't chance it.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:15 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
If there is another viable option and the miles are important, I wouldn't chance it.
When are the miles not important?

I could credit to skymiles and get SPG crossover rewards, but I'd much rather credit to Alaska. I don't ever credit anything to Skymiles.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
When are the miles not important?

I could credit to skymiles and get SPG crossover rewards, but I'd much rather credit to Alaska. I don't ever credit anything to Skymiles.
Off topic-ish, but I've been having tremendous luck with getting low level saver Y and W awards domestically with DL when AS, UA, and AA are bone dry. So, sky pesos have their utility. I've booked more saver Y awards this year already than the past 10 years combined.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:54 pm

Original Poster

sure, good point.

The question remains though, has anybody credited a Delta C+ fare purchased as a W fare to Alaska?

Thanks,
David
Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:49 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Maybe Missy can chime in here?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: All Around Nobody
I emailed AS and was told I would not earn as it's not on the chart, despite flights after May 16 being a separate fare class and not an upgrade bucket. I suppose eventually it will get added to the chart, but until then...
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Aaron01
I emailed AS and was told I would not earn as it's not on the chart, despite flights after May 16 being a separate fare class and not an upgrade bucket. I suppose eventually it will get added to the chart, but until then...
Well as outlined before, AM still has a fare class missing for Business tickets.

And AA travelers don't earn AS R class fares despite the refreshed earning structure in 2016.

So it may be 'one of them holes'.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
sure, good point.

The question remains though, has anybody credited a Delta C+ fare purchased as a W fare to Alaska?

Thanks,
David
The W class for C+ flights don't start until May 16th, so no one would have any experience with attempting to credit them yet.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:00 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
The W class for C+ flights don't start until May 16th, so no one would have any experience with attempting to credit them yet.
ah Thanks.

I'm looking at the week after that.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:36 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Has anyone had the opportunity to book a W fare yet? I realize we are still looking at may 16th, but wanted to keep this thread alive till then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.