Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

"Insight Community" Research Surveys / Responses and Comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Did you get accepted into the AS "Insight Community"?
Yes!
54.29%
No, I waitlisted.
31.43%
No, I did the survey but skipped the waitlist.
0%
I did not do the survey.
8.57%
Waitist Cleared!
5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

"Insight Community" Research Surveys / Responses and Comments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Then drop out of the program so those of us on the waitlist can take a crack at it I actually want to do the surveys, even if they are silly...
I'll try to unenroll. Likely it will be as much work as completing one of the surveys
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
I have stopped responding to the surveys, they are usually too long and I find the questions to often be duplicative or repetitive.
Repetition sometimes means that they're building in control questions. I've found that the surveys have gotten better. They still aren't that well designed in my mind - but mostly because I get annoyed by the barrage of brand affinity type questions. I don't want to be asked about my emotional response to the Alaska brand given a set of changes. Do it with a net promoter score.

I still enjoy taking them, though, if only because it's a window into what AS is thinking about doing.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: AS
I also look on the surveys as " a peek behind the curtain".
Some insight into both good and not so good changes possible coming down the pike.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Do it with a net promoter score.
Ugh. The cargo cult of customer surveys.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Repetition sometimes means that they're building in control questions. I've found that the surveys have gotten better. They still aren't that well designed in my mind - but mostly because I get annoyed by the barrage of brand affinity type questions. I don't want to be asked about my emotional response to the Alaska brand given a set of changes. Do it with a net promoter score.
I think you may be giving the AS survey team far too much credit. I'm in the field, and much of what I have seen is junk that is likely to produce junk results. Also, NPS without associated qualitative analysis is not useful in this case. Happy to bore anyone via DM with why this and some other elements are not objective-appropriate.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Ugh. The cargo cult of customer surveys.
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
I think you may be giving the AS survey team far too much credit. I'm in the field, and much of what I have seen is junk that is likely to produce junk results. Also, NPS without associated qualitative analysis is not useful in this case. Happy to bore anyone via DM with why this and some other elements are not objective-appropriate.
I agree, I've only said they've improved. Regarding NPS, all I'm saying is that I don't want to answer question after question about how X benefit makes me feel valued/appreciated/cared for/other emotional BS regarding the Alaska brand. I'd rather answer an NPS type question and better related qualitative questions. I'm no professional, so no surprise if I'm wrong, I've probably been to blame for some badly designed surveys myself
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
The latest survey focuses on the various newsletters that AS sends out in email form. It incorporated a cool highlighting feature you could use to accentuate items that were the subject of the survey.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by dave1013
The latest survey focuses on the various newsletters that AS sends out in email form. It incorporated a cool highlighting feature you could use to accentuate items that were the subject of the survey.
People read those things? Got the survey, haven't had a chance to look at it.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:01 am

I got it and I'm skipping it mostly because I don't read the Alaska newsletters.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dave1013
I agree that the survey design/highlighting feature was pretty cool.

The AS Insider in its current state would be hard pressed to be less useful, so any improvement they make would prolly be a net positive.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

The AS Insider in its current state would be hard pressed to be less useful, so any improvement they make would prolly be a net positive.
Agree for AS and every other airline newsletter. The only content of value to me are time-sensitive shopping portal promos (which are sent in separate emails, not the newsletter).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I just got the latest survey, focused on first class amenities and specifically meal service. Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but the whole thing read like a push poll to justify getting rid of the snack basket.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbluecpa
I just got the latest survey, focused on first class amenities and specifically meal service. Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but the whole thing read like a push poll to justify getting rid of the snack basket.
yeah, we can totally kiss that snack basket goodbye based on the way that thing read.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:49 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I didn't even bother filling it in. Way too much effort to figure out how many flights of different duration I've flown this year, upgraded vs. paid vs. whatever.

Neil
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
They specifically said they are considering cutting the snack basket on longer F flights. I reamed them on this and how their F is already uncompetitive as it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.