Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing (2016 and Later)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles. Note that Alaska Airlines cannot book EK F any longer- it's just J or Y. F awards were ceased on 3/31/2021.

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.
Only AS and EK can be used for the award.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK, EWR)
Washington DC (IAD)
Fort Lauderdale
Orlando

Canada
Toronto

Mexico
Mexico City (via Barcelona)

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia
Note: EK flies DXB-HKG-BKK but otherwise it is DXB-final stop

Europe
Note: EK flies JFK-MXP-DXB and EWR-ATH-DXB but otherwise routing will be via DXB

*If region is not listed on chart it's not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.

Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing (2016 and Later)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rustykettel
A bit longer than that...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-benefits.html

Other than the PR, I don't think there's ever been lounge access in DXB for AS elite based on status.

ETA: was this on an award ticket? If not, I'll ask the mods to move this over to that thread.
agreement does not include access simply because of 75K must be biz/f for entry award or paid
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
well, straight from the press release:

Business Class Lounge Access and Priority Check-in
In addition to the codeshare agreement, Emirates Skywards® Gold & Platinum members will soon have access to Alaska Airlines Board Room lounges in Anchorage, Seattle, Portland, and Los Angeles any time they book an Emirates flight that connects with Alaska Airlines. Likewise, Alaska Airlines MVP® Gold and MVP® Gold 75K members will also enjoy access to Emirates Business Class lounges at Dubai. At a later date, Emirates and Alaska Airlines elite members will also enjoy reciprocal priority check-in and boarding at Dubai, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:41 pm

Is anyone able to find awards to India on Alaska's site? I can find awards to DXB from the US, but not to India nor can I find DXB-India either. I've tried different dates, cities, etc. but keep getting an error or a message saying no results found. Is there an alternative way to search for Emirates awards to India? I don't know if award searches are different, but Qantas doesn't recognize India airport codes on its homepage.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by solstys
Is anyone able to find awards to India on Alaska's site?
Yes. It's trivially easy to do so. This search took me all of 10 seconds from the homepage.

Also, see this post in the thread a couple pages back:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27972044-post356.html
Attached Images  
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
well, straight from the press release:

Business Class Lounge Access and Priority Check-in
In addition to the codeshare agreement, Emirates Skywards® Gold & Platinum members will soon have access to Alaska Airlines Board Room lounges in Anchorage, Seattle, Portland, and Los Angeles any time they book an Emirates flight that connects with Alaska Airlines. Likewise, Alaska Airlines MVP® Gold and MVP® Gold 75K members will also enjoy access to Emirates Business Class lounges at Dubai. At a later date, Emirates and Alaska Airlines elite members will also enjoy reciprocal priority check-in and boarding at Dubai, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Haven't seen this advertised recently, so this perk may be gone...
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by beckoa
Haven't seen this advertised recently, so this perk may be gone...
Judging from the linked post above, it never came into force.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Judging from the linked post above, it never came into force.
Sad.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:08 am

Sorry to clutter this F/J thread with a Y question, but can I choose my EK seats if flying in the back (bottom) on an AS award?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I hope this isn't the wrong place...

I'm a longtime AS flyer, but brand new to Emirates. When setting up the Emirates profile, there is no option to pick AS as your frequent flyer program under "personal preferences." --even though all the other major US carriers are listed.

AS website says this can be entered at Emeriates.com , per https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi.../emirates.aspx .

Is there some other way to do this? Must it be entered manually with each booking or something? TIA.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:31 pm

Is there still a problem with AS seeing EK F award space from US to Dubai?
There are a whole bunch of dates where Expertflyer has plenty of space in Z class, while Alaska displays none of it.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:05 pm

Qantas displays it too. AS phone agent also sees nothing.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Is there still a problem with AS seeing EK F award space from US to Dubai?
There are a whole bunch of dates where Expertflyer has plenty of space in Z class, while Alaska displays none of it.
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Qantas displays it too. AS phone agent also sees nothing.
The issue still exists.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
The issue still exists.
Ah.
It's not even a Z - 1 availability because a lot of flights have Z = 2 yet nothing on Alaska
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
I was able to book to F seats Milan to IAD.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by CDKing
The issue still exists.
Sadly this is something that is a part or NOT being in an "alliance" AS seeing "partners' seating is slim across the board. With EK you just have to be patient and keep at it. Since the being I have flown every year sometimes twice paid and points and have been able to secure even at that last minute except for once from DXB to JNB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.