Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Print Wikipost

AS says to arrive early at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP gold
I was able to get through in about 15-20 in non pre-check during a shorter stopover in Seattle on way from SFO to KTN. We were a little worried when we got back to the airport with 40 min to go till boarding, but got through no problem, even with a baby and stroller.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Ktowngirl
I was able to get through in about 15-20 in non pre-check during a shorter stopover in Seattle on way from SFO to KTN. We were a little worried when we got back to the airport with 40 min to go till boarding, but got through no problem, even with a baby and stroller.
Welcome to Flyertalk Ktowngirl.

Yeah, that is a bit tight
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Coming into the center checkpoint I spotted a security line waiting time display above the entrance hallway to the left of the Southwest ticket counter. It also states where precheck is available. I presume there are others around.

Also, they have moved the precheck entrance from the left of the center checkpoint to the right side near Starbucks, so head there for the best precheck entry.

There were still two ID checkers and two precheck lines with some new contractors providing assistance at the bag loading point which helped the newbies.

Precheck speed was near optimal despite the general line looking pretty long.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by dmodemd
...Also, they have moved the precheck entrance from the left of the center checkpoint to the right side near Starbucks, so head there for the best precheck entry...
Thanks for the heads up on the change. This puts the center checkpoint (#3) precheck lane fairly close to the #4 checkpoint that was dedicated precheck the last few times I was there. I haven't been there this month so would be interested to know if checkpoint #4 is still dedicated precheck. Anyone?

And good to hear that precheck moved along well. Not fun to have to get to SEA so early. The Board Room is a nice place to wait but dragging my husband out of bed extra early in the morning is not a good way to start the day. Something about a morning person being married to a night person...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Thanks for the heads up on the change. This puts the center checkpoint (#3) precheck lane fairly close to the #4 checkpoint that was dedicated precheck the last few times I was there. I haven't been there this month so would be interested to know if checkpoint #4 is still dedicated precheck. Anyone?

And good to hear that precheck moved along well. Not fun to have to get to SEA so early. The Board Room is a nice place to wait but dragging my husband out of bed extra early in the morning is not a good way to start the day. Something about a morning person being married to a night person...
That was the case Friday morning around 630am - entry for checkpoint 3 was on the right, which really threw me off coming from the garage on the opposite side, and 4 was PreCheck only. Signage on 3 was minimal - it was very close to the wall, at least 10 feet from the actual entrance, which was immediately next to the main entrance. To top it off, no one was watching the entrance to Pre on 3, which meant I saw at least 5 people get sent back to the regular line at the checker.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My experience last time I went through Seattle was a bit odd. I went to the center checkpoint (4?) where I was confused about how to get to the PreCheck Lanes. I asked the TSA guy standing around sort of managing the lanes as best he could, who asked me: "Is English your native language?" gesturing vaguely toward a PreCheck sign. I told him I thought that was incredibly rude, but he responded that it was a perfectly logical question because he said he deals with so many people who don't speak English. I then found the entrance way to the lane, but couldn't figure out how to get from the ID checker to the official dedicated pre-check lane. Finally the checker sort of nudged me towards that lane, yelping about how it's all pre check - doesn't make any difference! It did make a difference, however, because that line was very short and the rest weren't.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jun 29, 2016 at 9:33 am
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Previously, the pre-check screening lanes are open to anyone coming into the general lanes, it was a little confusing where pre-check ends and regular lanes begin. However, on Tuesday when I went through I think there was a wall between pre-check and regular lanes which is a good idea. I was about to report the big security hole to TSA in that someone could pass ID checking without pre-check and just walk through the pre-check lines for a reduced security check. Some people may have done this at times inadvertently seeing a shorter line.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My experience last time I went through Seattle was a bit odd. I went to the center checkpoint (4?) where I was confused about how to get to the PreCheck Lanes. I asked the TSA guy standing around sort of managing the lanes as best he could, who asked me: "Is English your native language?" gesturing vaguely toward a PreCheck sign. I told him I thought that was incredibly rude, but he responded that it was a perfectly logical question because he said he deals with so many people who don't speak English. I then found the entrance way to the lane, but couldn't figure out how to get from the ID checker to the official dedicated pre-check lane. Finally the checker sort of nudged me towards that lane, yelping about how it's all pre check - doesn't make any difference! It did make a difference, however, because that line was very short and the rest weren't.
Yesterday at 6 AM TSA Pre 3 was closed and a sign directed us to either TSA Pre 4 or 5. The place was mobbed, so I certainly don't think the agent had any reason to speak to you like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.