Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Rollover 2016 miles into 2017 for elite status (email from Alaska Air)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rollover 2016 miles into 2017 for elite status (email from Alaska Air)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:30 pm

and here's the reply from Customer Care when I asked about it .....

Dear xx,

Thank you for your email regarding roll over miles. At this time we do not
have a "targeted promotion" to roll over miles. In order to keep the integrity
of our mileage program everyone begins new on January 1st every year. Thank you for your email.

Best Regards,

xx
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
How is it doing the right thing by giving a fairly valuable perk to only a chosen few of your elite members? Giving perks to those who have earned a level of status and not to those who haven't is one thing. But to give a perk to a segment of your best customers who are otherwise equal in status is divisive and does nothing but foster ill will in those who were not offered it. Not a smart move in my books.
So it's the right thing to do because it's something you personally desire? This kind of marketing goes on all the time, where one group is offered something that another group isn't. Club 49, anyone?

It's only divisive if you let it bother you. And outside of the FT community, I'd bet most people will never know about this perk unless it's offered to them. So it's not a dumb move at all.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by bronco29

Dear xx,

of our mileage program everyone begins new on January 1st every year. Thank you for your email.

Best Regards,

xx
Maintain the integrity of the program? How about we start with AS not matching to MVPG75K...</rant>
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

Dear xx,

Best Regards,

xx
A carefully worded statement regarding the random experimental nature of the offer would have been better than this. Really, they mention the word "integrity"?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:09 am

This would be a nice feature to add to the program. Really hoping it gets added as a feature.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Calculon
So it's the right thing to do because it's something you personally desire? This kind of marketing goes on all the time, where one group is offered something that another group isn't. Club 49, anyone?
Apples and oranges. I know exactly what I would have to do to be eligible for the documented club 49 benefits.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...uick-links::qa
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

Dear xx,

Best Regards,

xx
Respond with this link:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...urce=LIFECYCLE

and ask why you are not considered worthy of this promo.

I am going to ask them now.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Apples and oranges. I know exactly what I would have to do to be eligible for the documented club 49 benefits.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...uick-links::qa
Not the point I was making. I was referring to the practice of marketing benefits to a select group, not whether the benefits of said marketing are published or not. Alaskans don't have to do *anything* in order to qualify. Just like an MVP who gets a targeted rollover offer that they didn't apply for.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Respond with this link:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...urce=LIFECYCLE

and ask why you are not considered worthy of this promo.

I am going to ask them now.
I was told my unworthiness was due to not being a 'select' member of AS MP. No details on what I needed to do to qualify and become worthy despite my asking how they selected those who were targeted. I added "It would be very disappointing to know that you value some of your elite customers more than others and I hope this is an oversight on your part" but it failed to move them as apparantly this is, in fact, the case.

Dear Finkface,

I appreciated receiving your email regarding our Rollover Miles Promotion. Unfortunately, I must respectfully decline your request to be added to this promotion. This promotion is new for 2017 and so we kept our group to a very select group of our Mileage Plan members. I'm sorry you did not qualify but we truly appreciate you flying with us. Thank you for choosing Alaska Airlines.

Sincerely,
Customer Care Representative
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Maintain the integrity of the program? How about we start with AS not matching to MVPG75K...</rant>
See I disagree with this - I matched from AA EXP to 75k, re-qualified on my own within 6 months, and already to gold so far this year, so for me the match was of great value to me for the extra miles sooner, and higher priority etc. They certainly earned my loyalty with it.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; AAdvantage;Delta Silver
Wow - missing all the targeted promos. MVPG, 50,000 EQM in 2016. :-(

Is this another time AS ignores their Alaska-based long-term patrons? No roll over target email, no double miles target email. I guess there always is DL out fo JNU now. What gives AS - have YOU no loyalty to your long-term, loyal customers?

Disappointed.

Sue
Old Mar 13, 2016, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sueinjuneau
Is this another time AS ignores their Alaska-based long-term patrons? No roll over target email, no double miles target email. I guess there always is DL out fo JNU now. What gives AS - have YOU no loyalty to your long-term, loyal customers?

Disappointed.

Sue
For what it's worth, I'm PDX-based (obviously) and although I get lots of emails from Alaska like "We're ready to go to Seattle" after I search for a flight online, I've never been targeted for any of these promotions either. Oh well
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Sue - you're more than welcome to saunter over to DL. Buh bye.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
For what it's worth, I'm PDX-based (obviously) and although I get lots of emails from Alaska like "We're ready to go to Seattle" after I search for a flight online, I've never been targeted for any of these promotions either. Oh well
That's why I usually search in an incognito tab...
Old Mar 17, 2016, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Smart for them. You do have some business travelers who will hit 40k to get gold and then shift some travel to other programs. I'm guessing its to keep people off of DL flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.