Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blankets in F? (Red-Eyes) 2016 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:56 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Are blankets available in F on the Skywest E175 red-eye flights from PDX-DFW?
Yes.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I hope they become standard for redeyes. We were taken by surprise at the lack of F blankets in March 2015 BLI-HNL and bought bath towels to use on the redeye return and then add to our bathroom inventory. It was our first domestic redeye in years and hopefully our last.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Fredd
I hope they become standard for redeyes. We were taken by surprise at the lack of F blankets in March 2015 BLI-HNL and bought bath towels to use on the redeye return and then add to our bathroom inventory. It was our first domestic redeye in years and hopefully our last.
They have been fairly consistent the past year on redeyes in F. I'd say 90-95% of mine had them.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jiburi
Perhaps it was bad luck but my most recent red eye flights SEA BOS didnt have blanket loaded in F.

Jiburi
That's not good news. Just booked sea-bos for next Oct. I'll bring a sweater/sweatshirt.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
That's not good news. Just booked sea-bos for next Oct. I'll bring a sweater/sweatshirt.
Originally the blankets were just a test so perhaps it was a test that's going the way of the "small plates" service
Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by jiburi
Perhaps it was bad luck but my most recent red eye flights SEA BOS didnt have blanket loaded in F.

Jiburi
no blankets last night on SEA-FLL either.

Any other December redeye data points out there? Is this another failed blanket experiment we are seeing?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
no blankets last night on SEA-FLL either.

Any other December redeye data points out there? Is this another failed blanket experiment we are seeing?
AS130 this morning o'dark 30... blankets in each seat in F.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
Yes.
Are they still the blankets you're allowed to keep? If that's the case, I bet some frequent red-eye travelers have quite the collection of Alaska Airlines blankets
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Are they still the blankets you're allowed to keep? If that's the case, I bet some frequent red-eye travelers have quite the collection of Alaska Airlines blankets
in my N=1 or 2 experience, the new ones they are using are made of thicker fabric than the experimental "take em home" blankets. the FAs have never said explicitly one way or another if you are expected or allowed to take them with you and i haven't witnessed anyone attempt to take one.

i've got a redeye next Saturday, but it's on Delta, so for certain there will be blankets and pillows provided. no AS redeyes in my near future thankfully, and none thusfar this calendar year either.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:13 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Blankets provided June 2nd on flight 150 ANC to LAX.

Ive never been on a red eye out Anchorage that didn't provide blankets since they started offering them...
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DUT

Ive never been on a red eye out Anchorage that didn't provide blankets since they started offering them...
Did they say whether or not you could keep them?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by DUT

I didn't get them on my ANC-ORD flight last week. Forgot about them, and didn't need one. Also possible my seat mate stole it before I sat down since they seemed to have several blankets wrapped around them
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
Yes.
I got blankets recently in F on SEA-AUS.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:00 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Did they say whether or not you could keep them?
No, not that I recall.

However, my flights typically start in Anchorage as red eye flights...I have always kept them and use for remaining flights on my itinerary. They've never said a peep to me about it.

i now have a stack of them I use for camping blankets out in my rv for those cool Alasks nights sitting around the bonfire ;-))
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I didn't get them on my ANC-ORD flight last week. Forgot about them, and didn't need one. Also possible my seat mate stole it before I sat down since they seemed to have several blankets wrapped around them
Probably

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.