Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2016 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

Photos & menus are nice but definitely optional
Old Jan 1, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Damn ... you beat me to it!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS Gold
Same as eastbound on Dec 20 is what they are serving DCA-SEA this evening. Had the chicken last go-round, which was good. Still deciding if i'll try the other one this time
Attached Images  
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
SEA - LAS last night was pasta primavera. I didn't have any, but it seemed quite popular. Unfortunately, what should have been an evening flight turned into a red eye after a four hour delay.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Gold ; Hilton Gold
A few of my Vegas flights have been delayed significantly lately as well, only route I see delays
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:16 pm

Post PDX - BOS

Date the flight was taken: 6 Jan 16
Flight Number and Route flown: AS30 PDX - BOS
Time of Departure: 7:50 A
Length of flight: 5:20
Class of service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Dasani and Coffee
Meal served:

Fresh Seasonal Fruit (Grapefruit and Berries)
Warm Fresh Pastries
Choice of Entrees: Mushroom-Swiss Omelet, Potatoes O'Brien, and Chicken Apple Sausage - or - Quiche Lorraine

About T-2:30 from landing, warm nuts were served.

About T-1:00 from landing, a snack basket was passed through the cabin and included many bananas and Almond Roca.

A brief description of the meal: The service was excellent from a veteran PDX based FA. The presentation, cadence of the courses being served was as good as international business and just really fantastic, friendly service. I did not have an empty water glass or drink the entire flight. However, the food itself was so-so and just a typical airline omelet.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by B787938
Date the flight was taken: 6 Jan 16
Flight Number and Route flown: AS30 PDX - BOS
Time of Departure: 7:50 A
Length of flight: 5:20
Class of service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Dasani and Coffee
Meal served:

Fresh Seasonal Fruit (Grapefruit and Berries)
Warm Fresh Pastries
Choice of Entrees: Mushroom-Swiss Omelet, Potatoes O'Brien, and Chicken Apple Sausage - or - Quiche Lorraine

About T-2:30 from landing, warm nuts were served.

About T-1:00 from landing, a snack basket was passed through the cabin and included many bananas and Almond Roca.

A brief description of the meal: The service was excellent from a veteran PDX based FA. The presentation, cadence of the courses being served was as good as international business and just really fantastic, friendly service. I did not have an empty water glass or drink the entire flight. However, the food itself was so-so and just a typical airline omelet.
Hash browns (basically) and no polenta....sounds like an A+ food flight to me...maybe AS Flyer is secretly passing on our food comments to catering
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
LAS - SEA

Tex-Mex Chicken Salad

Small salad consisting of lettuce, corn and black beans, along with a few grilled chicken pieces, tortilla strip pieces (almost like wontons) scattered on top, with a creamy cilantro dressing tub (I dislike cilantro, but couldn't really taste it, more like a less-blah ranch to me); a triangular wedge of bread (no butter); and an cinnamon-oatmeal cookie. Sorry no pics, but the cabin was rather dark.

Guy across from me asked for a coach cheese plate when orders were taken. I hadn't realized one could do that now, without having to wait for a service pass-through first. FA said that started last summer, including the picnic packs which one previously had to pay for.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: AS G75K
1/6 AS 800 SMF-SEA 7:45p
Started with Water bottles
They were super fast on the service (we had a tail wind and it's only a 90 minute flight normally)
Dinner was a cobb salad which was actually ok. The veggies seemed really fresh. It was covered in chicken bits which looked like they were gonna be nasty gristly bits but they turned out to be pretty good.
The Seattle Chocolates truffle had pop rocks in it!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
SEA-MSY?

Flying SEA-MSY-SEA next month and am wondering if it's treated like a longer flight. Menus/e-players, or just like a longer West Coast flight? MSY-SEA is 5:20 according to my reservation; 2,082 miles.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Kurt
Flying SEA-MSY-SEA next month and am wondering if it's treated like a longer flight. Menus/e-players, or just like a longer West Coast flight? MSY-SEA is 5:20 according to my reservation; 2,082 miles.
It's catered as a transcon. Menus, choice of meals, snack basket, tablets.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Kurt
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I have flown this route several times in the last four months and have found it to be one of the most pleasant flights around. Not quite sure why though (unless the Hurricanes had something to so with it).
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Originally Posted by BOB W
I have flown this route several times in the last four months and have found it to be one of the most pleasant flights around. Not quite sure why though (unless the Hurricanes had something to so with it).
Good to hear - after all the AS flying I did last year I am finally taking someone with me on a trip. I wanted AS to make a good impression! My first AS flight was LAX-DCA and I was impressed with the service.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
SAN-BOS 1/9

Breakfast started with sliced grapefruit sprinkled with sugar and warm pastries. Entrees were Swiss cheese and mushroom omelet or Quiche Lorraine. I tried the omelet and it wasn't good. Later in the flight snack basket was passed around.

BOS-SAN 1/9

Dinner started with Black Tuscan Kale and Baby Mesclun salad with warm bread. Entrees were either Herb Roasted Chicken with pesto sauce, roasted squash and risotto or Seared Trident Alaska Cod with White mustard sauce roasted potatoes and button mushrooms. I had the chicken, the pesto was good, the meat was dry and the risotto was great.

Flying same route in Feb, upgrades pending I'm interested to see if anything changes.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:27 pm

1/9 SEA-LAX 7:30 AM- There was a choice of some kind of hash(I think beef) or granola and yogurt which I chose. There was a bowl of granola, a container of milk, a container of yogurt a small Danish and a bowl of fresh fruit.
1/9 LAX-SEA 7:30 PM(but delayed about 45 min due to not having a crew)- There was a pasta with a red sauce over some vegetables and some kind of beans, a side salad, a roll and butter and a cougar mountain cinnamon raison cookie.
It all seemed pretty good and an adequate amount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.