Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2016 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2016 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
SAN-BOS this morning.

Swiss and mushroom omelet or bacon leek quiche.

Very disappointed both options were egg based. I really like the continental breakfast/ granola I've had in the past.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Winterfell86
2:40 ORD-SEA Monday 10/17

Bottled water before take off. No menu again, just offered a warm turkey sandwich with provolone and veggies. A little better than breakfast. I didn't like the lemon bar it came with. Flight attendant was really nice and even had sparkling brut on board.
Not shockingly, I'm eating the same thing now on the 10/21 version of this flight. While it seems a little light for a 4-ish hour flight, it's fine as a late lunch since we arrive home shortly after 5.

For a change, a favorable catering error: two red wines were loaded, the planned Browne and a Chateau St. Michelle.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
10/22/16 BWI - SEA

Cheese Ravioli with tomato sauce + grilled zucchini

Cod puttanesca + orzo and broccolini

(Posting this before door closure - no PDB)

Chuckanut lime cheesecake for dessert
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Alaska 655 10/15/16 DFW-PDX

Chicken with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach.

Mixed green Salad with vinaigrette.

Standard 2 warm cookies for dessert.
Yeah.

This is what that looks like.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Does anyone besides nursing home residents actually eat "creamed spinach"?? I don't think I've ever even seen it on a restaurant menu....how about green beans, broccoli, maybe even some slices of yellow or green squash if they really wanted to get "fancy"....lol???
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Does anyone besides nursing home residents actually eat "creamed spinach"?? I don't think I've ever even seen it on a restaurant menu....
While I'm not a huge fan, I've seen it on the menu of every Ruth's Chris I've been to.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Does anyone besides nursing home residents actually eat "creamed spinach"?? I don't think I've ever even seen it on a restaurant menu....how about green beans, broccoli, maybe even some slices of yellow or green squash if they really wanted to get "fancy"....lol???
It's a standard steakhouse menu item.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:38 pm

My favorite restaurant, Lawry's Prime Rib, offers creamed spinach on their menu. They're a pretty upscale place.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:25 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Does anyone besides nursing home residents actually eat "creamed spinach"??
I do and I make it at home too. That meal above is pretty close to classic meal right there. Just sub out filet of beef, wedge salad, and a slice of apple pie with cheddar cheese on top and it would be right at home 50-60 years ago as a standard restaurant meal.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'll take creamed spinach over broccoli any day!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
10/25 PHX-SEA 6a departure: choice of granola/fruit or scrambled eggs and toast. Didn't get any sort of danish/pastry. Great ANC based crew. So, for those of you wondering about the longer west coast breakfasts, at least out of PHX, you get a choice.

10/25 SEA-YYC 1030a departure: kale bruschetta. The wonderful FAs brought it to me in Y(!), I didn't try it though. Seemed a bit....strange.

You need to get out more! I've seen creamed spinach on the menu at a lot of restaurants, including at the Met in Seattle and the House of Prime Rib in SF. Definitely not my favorite thing in the world, but it's certainly not nursing home food.

I'm surprised to hear you eat squash though!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by tusphotog

10/25 SEA-YYC 1030a departure: kale bruschetta. The wonderful FAs brought it to me in Y(!), I didn't try it though. Seemed a bit....strange.
What did you do that kaused the first klass kale to be katered in koach?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I'm more surprised that there was more than pretzels in F on a relatively short flight.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I decided a row to myself in the back was far more conducive to sleeping than F.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tusphotog
10/25 PHX-SEA 6a departure: choice of granola/fruit or scrambled eggs and toast. Didn't get any sort of danish/pastry. Great ANC based crew. So, for those of you wondering about the longer west coast breakfasts, at least out of PHX, you get a choice.

You need to get out more! I've seen creamed spinach on the menu at a lot of restaurants, including at the Met in Seattle and the House of Prime Rib in SF. Definitely not my favorite thing in the world, but it's certainly not nursing home food.

I'm surprised to hear you eat squash though!
I guess I'm not going to enough steakhouses I don't go often but the two I go to the most would be Texas Roadhouse (my wife's favorite) and usually Black Angus (maybe once a year)...I'll have to keep an eye on the menu for creamed spinach...I'm not a fan of cooked spinach by itself so creamed spinach looks awful....one veggie I'd like to see on AS that I've never seen: asparagus...YUM!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.