Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Layover at SeaTac... Board room or centurion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Layover at SeaTac... Board room or centurion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by LwoodY2K

(And since we're on the topic, I'll say that last time I was there all 3 of the beers they had were in the IPA area which is basically my least favorite and I don't understand why they don't have at least one that's somewhere lower on the hop spectrum.)
Was just there on Sunday (Dec. 27), there was Saison (Farmhouse Ale by Hilliard) brewed in Washington state that was quite tasty and not hoppy at all.

Server was nice and food was good as well. Thumbs up to the Amex Centurion Studio at SEA.

-AD
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I fly out of SEA about once a month. I always end up going to the Centurion Studio even if it's a short hike from a different terminal, if I have time. Board Rooms are back up only.

1. Centurion has better quality all around -- I enjoy their red blend wine and champagne. Their snack selection is tasty, usually some fresh greens/eggs, a small sandwich of some sort. No liquor, however. Board Room does offer liquor, but I think it's wells/mid shelf stuff. Their red wine is pretty terrible.

2. Centurion is normally very QUIET compared to Board Rooms.

3. Service is friendly at both, but I feel AMEX tries just a tad harder and they always greet me by name and welcome me back.

4. I've never seen the Centurion at capacity, although it is much smaller than either Board Room. Board Rooms are MUCH bigger, however I have often seen them so crowded that I have simply gotten one drink and left immediately.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:44 pm

We'll be flying out at 9:50am so was wondering if the BR has any "breakfast" options other than the pancakes? I do love pancakes but was hoping for other goodies, too. Mahalo for any information you all can provide.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by niele
We'll be flying out at 9:50am so was wondering if the BR has any "breakfast" options other than the pancakes? I do love pancakes but was hoping for other goodies, too. Mahalo for any information you all can provide.
There will also be fruit,(apples, oranges, bananas), a selection of cold cereals, oatmeal in the just-add-water packets, bagels and/or English muffins, boiled eggs and juices. I have probably missed something but that is a good enough selection for me.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by niele
Usually a selection of breakfast breads (muffins, cinnamon-raisin bread, English muffins, bagels), a couple of cereal choices, yogurt, and I think oatmeal. Not sure how long they're available, but I'd think for a 9:50 flight you're good.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Centurion lounge getting WAY too crowded

As I mentioned in a previous post, the BR isn't an option if my kids are with me since I have PP with Amex and can't get them in for free in the BR (although I always wondered if they ever bend the rules for kids and let them in for free). The Centurion lounge beats about everything except the pancake machine food-wise....I have noticed lately that it gets just as crowded if not more so than the BR and they've even had to institute a restaurant-style host service where you are directed where to sit which I find a bit annoying. Even more annoying are the little signs saying "Reserved" here and there, especially when the place is packed and seating is limited. I think the Centurion Studio has been "discovered" and the lack of space is starting to show. On my last trip with the kids, we were on a DL flight out of concourse S and we used the Club at SEA which had a way more limited food selection, but the fact that it was considerably less crowded made up for the lack of food options...we were actually the only ones in the tv room which made it feel like our own private lounge. ^
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I have noticed lately that it gets just as crowded if not more so than the BR and they've even had to institute a restaurant-style host service where you are directed where to sit which I find a bit annoying. Even more annoying are the little signs saying "Reserved" here and there, especially when the place is packed and seating is limited. I think the Centurion Studio has been "discovered" and the lack of space is starting to show.
It's definitely gotten a lot more crowded in recent months, thought last Friday it was actually very quiet from 7pm-9pm. So far I have always gotten a seat/table, though. And frankly, SFO isn't any better.

The "Reserved" seats are for Centurion card holders. I think they are reserving too many, though.

I hope they aren't going to impose restrictions on Plat card holders...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:10 pm

Thank you so much for all the good information BOB W, mbluecpa, PDXPremier and notquiteaff. Much appreciated. Looks like the BR for a lite and healthy breakfast
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I flew out on a red-eye last week, finding the Centurion Club not at all crowded around 8 p.m. or so. No sign of any reserved seating either. I did overhear the doorman explaining to some patrons why they were not allowed in, may have had something to do with the children's ages?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:31 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A bit OT...

Since there sometimes is a crowding issue at the SEA Centurion Studio, Amex should consider making admission 18+ and only one guest per member.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by dayone
A bit OT...

Since there sometimes is a crowding issue at the SEA Centurion Studio, Amex should consider making admission 18+ and only one guest per member.
It is one guest per member..
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by hiima
It is one guest per member..
Centurion® Members and Platinum Card® Members who receive complimentary access may enter with either one guest or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18)

---

From a "crowd control" perspective, the distinction between guests and immediate family is probably somewhat irrelevant.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:46 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
From a "crowd control" perspective, the distinction between guests and immediate family is probably somewhat irrelevant.
That was part of my point. Thanks for clarifying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.