Search
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashill
New Thread with 738 Fleet Tracking

739 thread with fleet tracking

Original Press Release

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
 Model     Fleet count       Current seats           Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800       61               16/147                    12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77               16/165                    16/24/138

E175          15               12/64                     12/12/52
737-800s: Rows 6-10 are Premium
737-900/900ERs: Rows 6-9 are Premium

All 737-800s have been converted. 737-900s now in work. All aircraft to be complete by end of 2017.

Snack Box info from AKCuisine and Post 514:

3" x 3" x 2" box weighing in at 2.17 ounces. It's also "locally sourced - which translates to "Distributed by Oakfield Farms Solutions LLC, Grapevine, Texas."

Inside the box is 1.16 oz of Craisins (110 cal); 0.63 oz of unsalted almonds (100 cal); and a 0.375 oz square of Ghirardelli chocolate (50 cals) - total, 260 calories.
Print Wikipost

Premium Class Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:40 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Premium Class Discussion

http://www.alaskasworld.com/Newsroom...203_095607.asp

NEW YORK — Today at its annual Investor Day, Alaska Airlines announced plans to roll-out a Premium Class section. Beginning in late 2016, the new upgrade option will provide more legroom and other perks to customers.

Customers who upgrade to Premium Class will get priority boarding and enjoy three to four inches more legroom compared with a standard coach seat. In addition, Alaska Airlines plans to offer additional amenities to further enhance the Premium Class in-flight experience. This upgrade option will be available to Alaska Airlines elite Mileage Plan members on a complimentary basis at booking or day of travel dependent on status and fare purchased.

Upgrade pricing and details on the included amenities will be announced closer to customer availability.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:54 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
And though pitch in F will be increased from 36 to 41 inches, the take-away is that the F cabin on the 738s will be reduced to 12 seats.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
"This upgrade option will be available to Alaska Airlines elite Mileage Plan members on a complimentary basis at booking or day of travel dependent on status and fare purchased."

So two thoughts, first they said they are reducing seating on the aircraft to make room for the new premium class, will that be coach or first class seats that get the axe?

Second, I see that premium class is still free to elites BUT depends on fare class as to whether it is available at booking or at check in. Not a fan of that.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:55 am

Ewww, that 800's are going to 12 F.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by press release
Upgrade pricing and details on the included amenities will be announced closer to customer availability.
I will announce more detailed opinions and comments closer to customer availability.

More seriously though, that's pretty interesting. I was going to put words in other peoples' mouths about F legroom, but...

Originally Posted by press release
Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.
Now that's something to look forward to.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Does "available to members on a complimentary basis at booking" mean just that, or is it similar to the new Delta Comfort+ debacle (upgrade available, except when it's not, and there needs to be "Comfort+ upgrade" fare class availability which you can't actually see until after booking)?

I'm assuming this will be something along the lines of MVPG + 75K free at booking, MVP for a certain set of fare classes (K+? H+?), and general members on YSB fares?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
Wonder if the "other perks" will be available to the complementary upgrade to premium? Similar to the free drink if you sit in the Preferred seats ...
Cdad likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
So basically a main cabin extra type thing at the cost of four 1st class seats on the 800's, plus upgrading leg room in 1st to something more appropriate. That plus other perks to be determined or something which probably means a free drink. Good thing overall, maybe, just concerned this is something I would have to pay for even as Gold, and of course upgrades to 1st just took a big hit, at least on the 800's
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Ugh, hope this doesn't mean MVPs get hosed out of any extended legroom seats until day of departure.

"Would you like a middle seat with legroom or an aisle or window without legroom? Thanks for your loyalty!"
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05
Wonder if the "other perks" will be available to the complementary upgrade to premium? Similar to the free drink if you sit in the Preferred seats ...
It sounds like it is a new "class", hopefully that means that an upgrade entitles the passenger to all amenities for that class.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Delta copy, So upgrades to a middle seat in premium economy over first class? Although F really does need that legroom extended because the new seats are way too thick.

Number of F seats on 900 is staying the same only decreasing on the -800. 900's will be losing some Y seats. 800's will have same number of Y seats

I really need the details of what changes are coming to elite status, I don't fly AS as much as partners, I need to know if MVPG will still get for free or whgat the upcharge cost is. Hopefully this will not lead to the losing of MCE on AA

A loss of 4F seats on the 738s??

The transcons I regularly take them on almost always sell out in F before the 75K window, like EWR and DCA.

Same goes with Hawaii.

Shoot.
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Calling the Y seat "premium" ought to be a prohibited. But, it's not.

This just looks like AA's MCE, UA's E+ and DL's C+. Same lousy seat with a bit of leg room, maybe a cold wrap and a free drink. The tradeoff is the F seat which would have gone to freebie UG's.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
The 739s go from 16/165 to 16/24/138. That means a loss of only 3 economy seats. Given that F is going from 36" to 41" and 24 of those economy seats are getting 3-4" extra legroom (what are they now?), that's going to hurt in the remaining economy seats.

I was just thinking on Tuesday that AS's regular economy seats on the 739 are quite comfortable for me, a 6' person. I guess those days are ending.

Do the exit row seats count as premium class? If so, this may not be so bad, since it would only be 6 seats (one row) of new extra legroom seats, assuming row 6 doesn't need to be changed.

The way this is described, it sounds like a separate booking class like DL's new domestic comfort+. That makes me very nervous about availability for AA elites as well as companions of elites; will it be limited to only one companion, like DL?

Last edited by ashill; Dec 3, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:25 pm

Excellent news. I might even start buying transcon first again on AS instead of AA/DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.