Community
Wiki Posts
Search

wonky web site?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:01 am

Original Poster

wonky web site?

When I try to enter my KTN into my purchased rez on the web site, it doesn't appear to be sticking, and my seat assignments revert back to the original seat assignments.

I called, and the agent said she saw the seat assignments I switched into, but the web site is still showing the automatic assignments made by corp travel web site.

This is weird.

edited to add:

I let it settle down a bit and logged out and back in, it shows the correct seats now, but nothing is there in the KTN field. If I change that, I think the seat assignments on the web site will revert again.

I hope I don't have a problem getting pre-check.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Nov 24, 2015 at 1:47 am
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
When I try to enter my KTN into my purchased rez on the web site, it doesn't appear to be sticking, and my seat assignments revert back to the original seat assignments.

I called, and the agent said she saw the seat assignments I switched into, but the web site is still showing the automatic assignments made by corp travel web site.

This is weird.

edited to add:

I let it settle down a bit and logged out and back in, it shows the correct seats now, but nothing is there in the KTN field. If I change that, I think the seat assignments on the web site will revert again.

I hope I don't have a problem getting pre-check.

-David

I'm not sure I understand. Someone's KTN - Known Traveler Number - shouldn't influence seat assignments.

The KTN is entered into a booking or kept in a profile to facilitate TSA Pre-Check showing up on boarding passes.

Is it possible you've mixed up your Alaska Air Mileage Plan membership number with your Known Traveler Number? Your AS frequent flyer number is issued by the airline and denotes your status. It - not the KTN - would influence your seat assignments.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:03 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by AKCuisine

Is it possible you've mixed up your Alaska Air Mileage Plan membership number with your Known Traveler Number?
No.

That's why I said "wonky".

seat assignment thing seems to have stabilized. Not sure about KTN via the web site.

-David
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Something to do with your corp travel agent? There have been issues before with certain ones...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
My confirmation page never shows my KTN even though reservations confirms that it is on the PNR. I still get PreCheck 100% of the time.

As for the seats, I experience this sometimes when I book through a TA. Have no idea why.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:56 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by sturges
My confirmation page never shows my KTN even though reservations confirms that it is on the PNR. I still get PreCheck 100% of the time.

As for the seats, I experience this sometimes when I book through a TA. Have no idea why.
Thanks everybody.

I guess I'm overly paranoid about it since the first time I didn't check for it and I didn't get pre-check on my return flight early in 2015. A lot of people used to have that issue.

Anyway it seems to be sticking again.

I guess something was off last night but seems to be ok now.

As for the seats, I just let the corp site default to whatever seats (no seat selection, so it picks something) but I can't select row 6 or 17 there, so I get defaults (this time it was 7c and 7c.)

After the corp TA rez is ticketed, I go in and I have to add the conf# to "purchased reservations" (it doesn't show up on the web site even though my AS FF# is in the record) and make sure the upgrade request is there (it usually is these days), I pick the seats I want and re-enter the KTN if it's not already Set, and it never is on the website. (KTN should flow from my AS profile and/or my corp travel profile.)

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Nov 24, 2015 at 6:01 pm
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I assume you're booking through Concur? When I book with Concur here's the flow I have to follow:

1) Book via Concur
2) Get the booking confirmation in email
3) Get the receipt in email
4) Go to Alaskaair.com and add the reservation to my profile
5) Pick my seats

Waiting until #3 happens is really important. If Concur hasn't actually ticketed the flight yet (which is a human-involved process for my company) you can't add it to Alaskaair.com. Once I get past #3 everything is fine, and I don't have to add my known traveler number either. My Concur profile has it and it comes through fine.

Note that you need to make absolutely sure too that Concur has your name as you have it on your pre-check document. My NEXUS card doesn't have my middle names on it so I do not have my middle names listed anywhere in my concur profile.

Works like a charm every time.

Neil
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:42 am

Original Poster

Originally Posted by missamo80
I assume you're booking through Concur?
No, not Concur, but I follow the same flow, which is good advice.

Thanks,
-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Nov 25, 2015 at 3:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.