Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
One of the reviews says that bar chairs are coming but the United Club, which has a similar design, did not go with any bar chairs. Maybe that is intended in the design and there won't be any?
I was the one that said bar stools are coming. I may need to correct myself. I didn't receive that info from anyone in the know; I just assumed there would be bar stools, especially since there are USB ports under the bar.

But it is possible that there will be no seating at the bar.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
It looks like "boardroom" has officially been replaced by "lounge" at alaskaair.com. I searched at alaskaair.com for boardroom and the results come up with lounge. Either name works for me.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:10 pm

Nice to see it's open, I'll need to stop by tomorrow morning because I'm all about those pancakes.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
It looks like "boardroom" has officially been replaced by "lounge" at alaskaair.com. I searched at alaskaair.com for boardroom and the results come up with lounge. Either name works for me.
They renamed it to Alaska Lounge something like a year ago.

Neil
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
D is delightfully empty because everyone is at C. I'll take it. 😻
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by lalala
D is delightfully empty because everyone is at C. I'll take it. 😻
Awesome! Too late for PP guests though Also, still lounge crowding trouble at other airports too.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Inside now and it's nice. I very much like the swiveling high-back chairs. I'm planted in one right next to the water feature and it's so nice and quiet (the padded backing of the chair keeps the surrounding noise out, and the waterfall sound covers the rest of the noise) and I'm swiveled out facing the runway for awesome views of takeoffs and landings.

Amenities are standard AL amenities (breakfast now is the pancake machine, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, and bagels/muffins), so nothing new/special there.

Beer selection is:

-Pike Hive Five
-Airways Jumbo Juice IPA
-Alaskan Amber
-Pyramid Thunderhead IPA
-Seattle Cider (unsure which)
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I was the one that said bar stools are coming. I may need to correct myself. I didn't receive that info from anyone in the know; I just assumed there would be bar stools, especially since there are USB ports under the bar.

But it is possible that there will be no seating at the bar.
When it opened the original DL Sky Club in the South Terminal has chairs and tables some distance back from the bar counter. I asked why no stools at the bar and was told that the law did not allow them. Some distance is required (10' maybe?) between the bar and where the drinks are consumed. It was that way when we lost access to the club but it is probably still that way.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I prefer that as it makes it much easier to get to the bar to order a drink! Squeezing into the bar to order is always irritating to me. No, I don't go to bars much so have not gotten used to it
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Spent an hour in the C lounge this afternoon, 7/3. Sat in the green chairs by the window watching the planes take off. Definitely the best views of any other AS lounge in Seattle.

It it wasn't too crowded, but given the timing of the July 4 holiday that doesn't seem to surprising.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Bretmd,
Was there a "No PP cardholders" sign out? Looking forward to using this lounge next month. Wife and I are each PP members. Don't imagine we'll have any problem at 7am on a Monday.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by philemer
Bretmd,
Was there a "No PP cardholders" sign out? Looking forward to using this lounge next month. Wife and I are each PP members. Don't imagine we'll have any problem at 7am on a Monday.
no, there was no sign. I entered with my PP.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
Nicely done!

This new lounge is great! AS nailed it. What a view! Thank you!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:26 am
DUT

Programs: MVPG
The only urinal in the men's room was out of order yesterday afternoon (Monday 7/17/2017)...it was covered in a green plastic. Hope it's still under warranty?

Otherwise, very nice room!

Hope N comes out similar....but, who will be the first to open a thread to speculate its opening date ;-))
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The problem with the C club is that it's quite a haul just to drop by if you're flying out of a different concourse. Been open so long that I had forgotten that N is (technically) temporary.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.