Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by DUT
The only urinal in the men's room was out of order yesterday afternoon (Monday 7/17/2017)...it was covered in a green plastic. Hope it's still under warranty?
Yeah I wish they had a 2nd one...

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The problem with the C club is that it's quite a haul just to drop by if you're flying out of a different concourse. Been open so long that I had forgotten that N is (technically) temporary.
I initially thought that but remember the train to N is right downstairs so that is good. Therefore, the only gates this C lounge is not very convenient to are the D gates, which is where I was on my last flight so I went back to the old lounge at D which was actually surprisingly busy! (and elevator broken but still busy upstairs)
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
barstools

Originally Posted by BOB W
When it opened the original DL Sky Club in the South Terminal has chairs and tables some distance back from the bar counter. I asked why no stools at the bar and was told that the law did not allow them. Some distance is required (10' maybe?) between the bar and where the drinks are consumed. It was that way when we lost access to the club but it is probably still that way.
I noticed too that the other clubs do not have barstools, with one exception. Clubs with no barstools.... United Club, both Delta Sky Clubs, The Club in A gates, C terminal AS lounge. The lone exception is the N gate Alaska Lounge. So I asked. They did say local laws prohibit bar stools. So I asked why does N gate have bar stools. She said the inspector didn't catch it. So that lounge for now still has bar stools. They designed the C lounge with the intent that it would have bar stools. Thus a foot rail, USB ports, coat hooks. But the inspector said nada no bar stools.

I wonder what the local laws state on when and when you can't have bar stools. Seattle is an odd place with some odd rules, and yet other rules that people do not seem to follow. Being from Wisconsin, alcohol is allowed at a lot of places that Seattle does not allow it. For example at public parks. Recently me and some friends went to Madison Beach with a cooler and I brought some beer. My friends said you can't have alcohol in any city parks. I kinda was dumbfounded by that rule. Its summer!! In Milwaukee Bradford Beach has Tiki huts (run by the mke parks department) that serve all kinds of alcohol. Wisconsin does have some extreme lax rules with alcohol. For example, you can have your children sit at the bar with you, and as a parent you can legally serve your underage children alcohol in a bar (granted this allowance is not very common, however in northern WI when a 20 year old goes out with his parents to a local bar, he can legally have a drink with them). Seattle no children in a bars. If its a restaurant with a bar, there will be a rail/fence with a sign that says No one under 21 beyond this point.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
A restaurant owner once told me that being able to have bar stools required a definite barrier in place behind the seats, so that presumably it could be designated an "off limits to minors" zone.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: Free agent!
A restaurant owner once told me that being able to have bar stools required a definite barrier in place behind the seats, so that presumably it could be designated an "off limits to minors" zone.
Seems to jive with what I've seen in WA. My recent experience with this was the hotel restaurant in Long Beach featuring an artsy looking metal barrier behind the bar stools, which certainly confused this resident of Portland.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Last edited by kevincrumbs; Jul 19, 2017 at 5:32 pm Reason: Removed spurious example that was incorrect
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:05 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

So in the State of Washington, weed is legal but barstools are not.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by dayone
So in the State of Washington, weed is legal but barstools are not.
Priorities.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I remember seeing a sign about minors not permitted in the 'bar area' in the old S NW WC. Can't recall if there were stools or not; but they did go thru several permutations with liquor rules and hot food.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
In the new lounge right now for the first time...very nice, comfortable space and I particularly like the fact that I can still have their famous pancakes in the afternoon My only question is....it's Friday so where is the clam chowder??
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
In the new lounge right now for the first time...very nice, comfortable space and I particularly like the fact that I can still have their famous pancakes in the afternoon My only question is....it's Friday so where is the clam chowder??
#IWCH #TGIF

Ivars is just down the concourse
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by beckoa
#IWCH #TGIF

Ivars is just down the concourse
Or just wait until PDX for Mo's!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Or just wait until PDX for Mo's!
No thanks....I love clam chowder but strongly prefer Ivar's to Mo's....I prefer a thicker chowder and Mo's is far too liquidy for my taste...
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
No thanks....I love clam chowder but strongly prefer Ivar's to Mo's....I prefer a thicker chowder and Mo's is far too liquidy for my taste...
And it can't be red.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Salmon chowder is quite tasty... would be a nice offering in the BR from time to time.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by beckoa
Salmon chowder is quite tasty... would be a nice offering in the BR from time to time.
I would get in line for that. Sounds like a great idea. ^
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Well, I'm at the lounge now, and I have to say I'm underwhelmed. Yes, the views are nice. The wifi is slow though, and the food options are embarassing. There's a tiny little setup for salad (lettuce with one protein and some toppings), the snack jars, and two soup kettles. Oh, and some apples wrapped in plastic wrap.

Good thing Beechers has mobile ordering now and I can get a sandwich before departure.

Edit: Also we now have a golden retriever in the lounge. At least (s)he's quieter than the vacuum they're running.

Neil

Last edited by missamo80; Jul 24, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.