Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2019, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
SEATAC Bus Gate Wiki.

What bus gates have you flown out of on AS?

AS792 SEA-DTW 4-9-19 D22
AS32 SEA-PHL 6-11-19 D26
AS1692 SEA-CMH 8-22-19 D26
AS1420 SEA-BNA 2-4-20 D26
Print Wikipost

SeaTac (SEA) Bus Gates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by haddon90
or the international arrivals building at IAD. getting bussed to customs, only to be dumped back in the main terminal to make the long trek back to C/D.
If you arrive at IAD on UA, there is an FIS within concourse C, and connecting passengers clear customs and immigration there, clear TSA and take an escalator back up to concourse C.

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I do not know the Denver situation. But, aren't you outside the secure area for all intl arrivals? Once you have your bags, they have to be rechecked, and carryon has to be scanned again, etc. (for good reasons)
USA does rescreen all arriving passengers but there are certainly airports where there is a screening point for arriving international passengers that doesn't put them into the stream of originating passengers. SEA is currently that way as is IAD (for UA), also IAH. Most international airports, if they require rescreening, do that within the concourse area. The benefits can be a shorter path to cover, and sometimes shorter security.

Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
AS 283 came into T6 at LAX yesterday, but we were still bused to TBIT for customs.
The FIS under T7 closes sometime in the late afternoon or early evening and if you arrive after it closes, you get bused to TBIT. Back when AS used T3, often the aircraft parked at T3 and you were bused to TBIT.

With increased international air service, US airports could create a better transfer experience. Heck they could even make it possible to do international connections without having to clear U.S. immigration (e.g. to connect to Canada, Mexico or Latin America.)
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Good to know for the late arriving LIR/SJO flights ^
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by seacarl
With increased international air service, US airports could create a better transfer experience. Heck they could even make it possible to do international connections without having to clear U.S. immigration (e.g. to connect to Canada, Mexico or Latin America.)
The lack of immigration departure checks makes this a huge logistical challenge. If you allow int'l-to-int'l passengers to skip U.S. immigration and instead let them go directly to the departure gate for their flight to, say, Canada, what's to stop them from simply walking out of the sterile area and into the Land of the Free?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
The lack of immigration departure checks makes this a huge logistical challenge. If you allow int'l-to-int'l passengers to skip U.S. immigration and instead let them go directly to the departure gate for their flight to, say, Canada, what's to stop them from simply walking out of the sterile area and into the Land of the Free?
I'm afraid I'd have to agree with the logistical challenge. To enable int'l-int'l connections, the US would have to institute a passport check prior to boarding, and airports would have to create sterile areas just for int'l aircraft, THEN connect int'l arrivals to these sterile departure areas.

I know many countries/airports around the world do this... but as a total homer, I'd prefer not to have to do this, personally, logistically, and financially (tax dollars!).
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Chugach
Washington is one of those states that goes out of its way to make things as confusing as possible. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
It is not the state, it is the POS, you know them, they are the ones overseeing the schedule for the N terminal BR......................................

I am actually sort of surprised that they are not reducing automobile and truck traffice (heck even Airplane) lanes to make room for bicycles and pedestrian lanes.
she says as she heads out of the LAX BR to get the rest of her 5 miles of walking per day in by navigating the construction down at the gate area
Old May 2, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AS MVP
Any recent updates on bus gate facilities? Has anyone been bussed at SeaTac on AS yet?
Old May 2, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I haven't and I hope never to see them at SEA.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Yep, had a bus recently (December 11th)... but it was a SLC-SEA flight on DL
Old May 12, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/n...expansion.html

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport spends $38 million on Concourse D Terminal to ease gate space crunch

Buses will drive in and out of the new terminal, ferrying TSA-screened passengers to and from airplanes parked in remote spots on the apron because Sea-Tac Airport lacks enough gates.

More information here: HOK
Old May 12, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Wow! Looks swanky. Hopefully they're also investing in covered airstairs/ramps for the winter months.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
Huh. So this is going at the end of the D gates? Wonder what airlines will be stuck using it...
Old May 13, 2017, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aserican
Huh. So this is going at the end of the D gates? Wonder what airlines will be stuck using it...
Well, what airlines use D right now and are about to have a bunch of work done in N?
Old May 13, 2017, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Arrow

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Well, what airlines use D right now and are about to have a bunch of work done in N?
Let's just move WN there

That, or DL.

Who wants to start an online petition?
Old May 13, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Let's just move WN there

That, or DL.

Who wants to start an online petition?
Good luck with that. WN uses something like 4 gates at SEA.

And actually there's AAnother AAirline that uses D... plus some other Jets that might be Blue about bus gates.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Good luck with that. WN uses something like 4 gates at SEA.

And actually there's AAnother AAirline that uses D... plus some other Jets that might be Blue about bus gates.
Another Airline just uses a couple gates, as does B6, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.