Wiki Posts
Search

"All These People Keep Coming Up to Me"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
"All These People Keep Coming Up to Me"

Great line from baby QX GA to a much more experienced GA who came to the rescue.

SEA-PDX shuttle last night at C2. Flight was only 66 of 76 and several late and early (for later flight) connectors were looking for a seat at about T-10 minutes.

Initially, baby GA told me that "the flight was closing," whatever that means, even though they were still waiting for five checked in pax from a late landing flight.

More amused than upset. Maybe a little more training for the young one. And thankful for the old hand who got everyone on with barely a delay.

--mcz
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
"Dear, better up to you than on you. Hang in there, and have a good day!"
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
Originally Posted by mczlaw
Great line from baby QX GA to a much more experienced GA who came to the rescue.

SEA-PDX shuttle last night at C2. Flight was only 66 of 76 and several late and early (for later flight) connectors were looking for a seat at about T-10 minutes.

Initially, baby GA told me that "the flight was closing," whatever that means, even though they were still waiting for five checked in pax from a late landing flight.

More amused than upset. Maybe a little more training for the young one. And thankful for the old hand who got everyone on with barely a delay.

--mcz
A lot of newbies working the C2 gates lately. I tend to just walk the gate row looking for someone I recognize when one of the gates gets a bit busy. They all seem to be able to move standby lists around for me.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:49 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Everybody is the new guy/lady at some point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.