Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Does MVPG Guest upgrade expiration date get extended with achievement MVPG again?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does MVPG Guest upgrade expiration date get extended with achievement MVPG again?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P, Alaska MVPG 75K, Hyatt Daimond

My wife is a MVPG 75K. She had 2 MVPG guest upgrade certs that will expire on 12/31/15. She recently passed the 50K point and had 4 certs added to her account. Now all six expire in 12/16.

Is that normal or a possibly a glitch? I was planning to use the old certs soon. If this is a glitch, I am worried the original expiration date still apply and I can't tell which are the old certs.
Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
It's a glitch. take a screen shot just in case they expire, though if you're planning on using them soon it won't matter anyway. The older certs will be at the top of your list.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Here is a question kind of related to the thread title that I am sure somebody has asked before, but I don't know the answer: I have 4 MVPG Guest Upgrade certificates that will expire on 12/31/15. Could I apply those certificates on flights booked in 2016, assuming I will book them before 12/31/15?

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BW Flyer
Here is a question kind of related to the thread title that I am sure somebody has asked before, but I don't know the answer: I have 4 MVPG Guest Upgrade certificates that will expire on 12/31/15. Could I apply those certificates on flights booked in 2016, assuming I will book them before 12/31/15?

Thanks!
Yes you can.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:43 am

Thanks Ken. An AS CSA told me once that I could not use those upgrade cert pass their expiration date. That's why I wasn't sure.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Thanks Ken. An AS CSA told me once that I could not use those upgrade cert pass their expiration date. That's why I wasn't sure.
they have to be applied before they expire, but they can be used for travel to end of schedule. i just used my remaining 2015 certs for travel in April 2016, cleared instantly as expected.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I think this is the way they were intended to work. Anecdotal evidence suggests differently
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I think the CSR just worded it vaguely.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:58 pm

Thanks for the additional inputs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.