Search

Quirks in the AS App?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Quirks in the AS App?

I've noticed a few quirks with the AS app but this one really confused me. And please, merge with another thread if needed. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Have had a seat selected for a week on my flight tomorrow. Just checked in and confirmed my selected seat but when I go to the boarding pass it says "SEE A GATE AGENT FOR SEAT".

My second segment, SEA-PDX does not have any seats for assignment but that wouldn't impact the first segment would it?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I've noticed a few quirks with the AS app but this one really confused me. And please, merge with another thread if needed. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Have had a seat selected for a week on my flight tomorrow. Just checked in and confirmed my selected seat but when I go to the boarding pass it says "SEE A GATE AGENT FOR SEAT".

My second segment, SEA-PDX does not have any seats for assignment but that wouldn't impact the first segment would it?
This happens to me when I've been upgraded close to departure. So if you happen to be on the 10:30pm tomorrow, it could be good news.

Either way, you could try calling. I've done that and the person on the phone can usually explain it, even if they can't change it.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I still haven't figured out how to find the multi-city search feature on the ap.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I still haven't figured out how to find the multi-city search feature on the ap.
iPhone or Android?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Is there a way to view Mileage Activity on the iPhone app?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dc333
iPhone or Android?
Android
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by jchilders
This happens to me when I've been upgraded close to departure. So if you happen to be on the 10:30pm tomorrow, it could be good news.

Either way, you could try calling. I've done that and the person on the phone can usually explain it, even if they can't change it.
i am interpreting this as Hartmann is flying 2 segs tomorrow, on seg 1 s/he had a seat assigned and now with the BP on the app, s/he does not have a seat assigned. curious what s/he sees on the reservation when logging into AS.com

on seg 2 SEA-PDX, s/he also has no assignment but there are no vacant seats on the map

i think the upgrade possibility is a decent one

in other topics i also can't figure out any way to do a multi city search. viewing mileage activity, no, just tier status progress and mileage balance AFAIK
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
i am interpreting this as Hartmann is flying 2 segs tomorrow, on seg 1 s/he had a seat assigned and now with the BP on the app, s/he does not have a seat assigned. curious what s/he sees on the reservation when logging into AS.com

on seg 2 SEA-PDX, s/he also has no assignment but there are no vacant seats on the map

i think the upgrade possibility is a decent one

in other topics i also can't figure out any way to do a multi city search. viewing mileage activity, no, just tier status progress and mileage balance AFAIK
Your interpretation is correct. First flight had a seat assignment, second one (SEA-PDX) did not. I showed on the upgrade waitlist.

An update is now I cannot finish check-in. It tells me that I need to see an agent. Interestingly, the 1 open F seat disappeared during all of this so maybe I did get lucky, or, someone got an offer to buy up.

I'll try the web based check-in tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Your interpretation is correct. First flight had a seat assignment, second one (SEA-PDX) did not. I showed on the upgrade waitlist.

An update is now I cannot finish check-in. It tells me that I need to see an agent. Interestingly, the 1 open F seat disappeared during all of this so maybe I did get lucky, or, someone got an offer to buy up.

I'll try the web based check-in tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
I had the same issue in early July. I called in and turns out my upgrade came through. This was about T-12 and I had given up hope of the upgrade. Quick phone call and the agent fixed the issue and I was able to do OLCI. Just call in.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Finkface
I had the same issue in early July. I called in and turns out my upgrade came through. This was about T-12 and I had given up hope of the upgrade. Quick phone call and the agent fixed the issue and I was able to do OLCI. Just call in.
When I check-in now, the first segment is completely gone. When I called, the agent said I would need to go to the airport as, "it looks like an issue with the upgrade list".

What's strange is that I now show as cleared on the standby waitlist for SEA-PDX and still show up on the upgrade waitlist for the first segment (now #2 on the list). I'll go to the airport and see what the deal is.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
When I check-in now, the first segment is completely gone. When I called, the agent said I would need to go to the airport as, "it looks like an issue with the upgrade list".

What's strange is that I now show as cleared on the standby waitlist for SEA-PDX and still show up on the upgrade waitlist for the first segment (now #2 on the list). I'll go to the airport and see what the deal is.
I doubt you've got anything to worry about. This sounds very familiar to the last time I had to see an agent for a seat. She said it was a glitch in the upgrade process that happens sometimes. I walked away with a paper boarding pass and a seat up front.

The lists and check-in displays probably can't be trusted if your record is in "limbo" - they might not know how to show your flight status properly. So I wouldn't rely on them to inform you of anything, good or bad.

Curious to know what they tell you.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Finkface

I forgot to add that, after the agent fixed it, I was able to check in online and could see I was in seat 1B but couldn't generate and print a BP. Even when I went to the kiosk and the check in counter at the airport, the agent was unable to print a BP so she gave me a doc to get through security. The gate agent had no problem and told me it was because it was under gate control and the upgrade had messed up the record for anyone other than than the gate to fix.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL PM, Starwood gold, Fairmont plat
Just go to the bottom of the app where it says "Account"
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Me and another person were in fact upgraded. The check-in agents had no idea what was going on and it took about 10 minutes of them messing with it to get it fixed.

I'm not complaining. And I saved $50.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Me and another person were in fact upgraded. The check-in agents had no idea what was going on and it took about 10 minutes of them messing with it to get it fixed.
I've found the gate agents are much more efficient there, probably because they're more used to seeing it. Had to spend a while once convincing a SFO counter agent that she shouldn't try to reassign my "U class / See Agent For Seat" boarding pass to an open seat in 29B!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.