Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which Seattle Chocolates bar served on Alaska Airlines is your favorite?
Edamame Sea Salt
32.58%
Agave Quinoa Sesame
4.49%
Cayenne Veracruz Orange
16.85%
Noble Dark
46.07%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

AS Chocolate Bar Preference (With Poll)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
The Chocolate Bar Thread™

Onboard a full SEA-ANC flight night now and requested a chocolate for both in my party Gold or higher. Was told "there's 29 of you today and only 12 bars."

so this might be a reason it's not always offered proactively...
Old May 3, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS
Glad to see this active again....
With snack boxes in PC, these may slowly be fazed out??
Old May 3, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beckoa
Onboard a full SEA-ANC flight night now and requested a chocolate for both in my party Gold or higher. Was told "there's 29 of you today and only 12 bars."

so this might be a reason it's not always offered proactively...
You'd figure they would have more chocolate bars on the more elite heavy routes (ex. ANC, EWR, SFO, etc.).
Old May 3, 2017, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
You'd figure they would have more chocolate bars on the more elite heavy routes (ex. ANC, EWR, SFO, etc.).
12 are provisioned on any flight that offers a full beverage service. Usually, although there may be significantly more Golds than chocolate bars, a number of folks take drinks rather than a chocolate so it's not often an issue.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
12 are provisioned on any flight that offers a full beverage service. Usually, although there may be significantly more Golds than chocolate bars, a number of folks take drinks rather than a chocolate so it's not often an issue.
Wow, I would have thought those were long gone....I haven't seen them given out in ages...I suppose it's because you typically have to ask for them now and most folks probably don't even know to ask. I can't imagine they would ever run out especially if they save the 12 that weren't given out on the previous flight
Old May 3, 2017, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Wow, I would have thought those were long gone....I haven't seen them given out in ages...I suppose it's because you typically have to ask for them now and most folks probably don't even know to ask. I can't imagine they would ever run out especially if they save the 12 that weren't given out on the previous flight
the chocolates go back to the kitchen if unused. They aren't kept on the airplane if unused.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

the chocolates go back to the kitchen if unused. They aren't kept on the airplane if unused.
Also true on turns?
Old May 4, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by dayone
Also true on turns?
It depends. Anytime the flight is being catered, leftover chocolates should be sent back. If the flight is double catered they may have whatever leftover chocolates available.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
That's what I figured- just was the first time I'd heard this. Thanks for confirming. ^
Old May 4, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
They had these amazing margarita chocolates a while back. Can't seem to find them anywhere but I really liked them.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Spiffieman
They had these amazing margarita chocolates a while back. Can't seem to find them anywhere but I really liked them.
I think those are one of the flavors of the small twist-tie ones you'd get on your lunch/dinner plate.

I've had good luck asking for the bigger bars on the little QX flights, if they have them they'll give them to you, but you have to ask. Lately the ONLY flavor we've been getting have been the light blue wrapper, I think they are milk chocolate with sea salt caramel. Haven't seen the dark in ages.

Seattle Chocolates has a small store in Terminal C, prices are high but I think they carry most flavors.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by pcoll
With snack boxes in PC, these may slowly be fazed out??
Hope not. I always enjoy my Q400 flights with a free glass of wine and subbing my MVPG drink for chocolate. Best of both worlds.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Spiffieman
Check out Jco Seattle Chocolates Party Box http://www.seattlechocolates.com/sho...ty-window-box/
Old May 4, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
Originally Posted by ctporter
Check out Jco Seattle Chocolates Party Box http://www.seattlechocolates.com/sho...ty-window-box/
Awesome!!! Thanks! I could never find them before. All I could ever find were chocolate martini recipes.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
We just got them on a QX flight! (first time in a looong time). Only 2 choices - dark or sea salt caramel, we took one of each, nice to get a "thanks for being Gold" after such a long drought. This was EUG/SEA.
Denied on EUG-SEA this morning. FA said they're only available on flights where there's cocktails served. Beer & wine along with standard QX beverage service this morning. Nice to have coffee instead of the usual seat belts the whole way for "expected" turbulence.

ETA: asked on PDX-SEA-- only loaded for the longer flights.

Last edited by rustykettel; Aug 1, 2017 at 9:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.