Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS BR members expanded access to AA Admirals Clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IceTrojan
"Board Room members with same day travel on a purchased or redeemed mileage ticket on Alaska Airlines or American Airlines have access to all Admirals Club locations listed below. Members also get complimentary access for their immediate family (spouse/domestic partner and children under the age of 21) or two guests. Board Room members and their guests do not have access to American Premium or Flagship Lounges."
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold

From email received this morning....

Alaska Airlines’ Frequent Fliers Gain Access to Significantly Expanded American Airlines Network; Board Room members welcome at all Admirals Club lounges starting Aug. 15

Members of Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan now have access to book nearly 3,000 more daily flights on partner American Airlines following the most recent phase of the airline’s reservation system migration, which will bring all US Airways flights under the American code this fall. On Oct. 17, Mileage Plan members will enjoy seamless access to the world’s largest airline and have even more options to earn and redeem miles for award travel.

Alaska Airlines also announced today an expanded lounge agreement with American Airlines, which gives Board Room members access to all 54 Admirals Club locations worldwide beginning Aug. 15.

“With American’s expanded network, our loyal customers will enjoy earning and redeeming miles for travel to more than 60 additional American Airlines destinations worldwide,” said Andrew Harrison, executive vice president and chief revenue officer of Alaska Airlines. “Through our unique global partner portfolio, our customers can access an incredible virtual network of destinations and lounge locations across the world.”

Elite members of Alaska’s Mileage Plan receive exclusive benefits on American’s expanded network, including expedited security, priority check-in and boarding, complimentary or discounted access to Main Cabin Extra seats, as well as baggage waivers.

“We are excited to deepen the strong relationship we already have with Alaska Airlines by providing customers more access to more destinations,” said Andrew Nocella, American’s chief marketing officer. “Our relationship with Alaska goes back more than 15 years and we continue to look for ways to work together to enhance the benefits for our customers, whether through access to clubs or new opportunities to earn and redeem miles.”

Alaska Airlines existing relationship with American began in 1999 and has included codeshare and frequent flyer reciprocity, which expanded in 2011 to include reciprocal elite benefits on each airline. The two carriers are working to expand their codeshare agreement even further later this year.

Alaska Airlines continues to enhance its award-winning loyalty program by offering customers access to unique partnerships with 13 global airlines. Last month, the airline added Hainan Airlines to its airline partner portfolio, giving members the ability to earn miles across the China-based carrier’s 90-city global network. Since 2013, Alaska Airlines has added other benefits to its best-in-class Mileage Plan program, giving members ways to earn miles faster, get elite status sooner and redeem miles for award travel. Learn more at www.alaskaair.com/mileageplan.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Over/under date on when Sky Club access ends?

Good news for Boardroom members. Wonder what the guest policy is?

I have been to Admirals Clubs (am Plat on AA and have their Executive CC which comes with Admirals Club access) in ORD, CLT, MIA, and PHL recently. They are so crowded and the offering is just OK. The complimentary liquors and wines are atrocious.
Maybe AA will up their game as Delta recently did in their lounges.

Last edited by apodo77; Aug 5, 2015 at 7:17 am
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
Tampa

We fly frequently from SEA to TPA and are AAdvantage and Admirals Club members. Half of our flights between have been on AA/US connections and half have been on the AS nonstop.

It would be great for Admirals Club (and soon for Boardroom) members if the AS Tampa flight could move from Airside A to Airside F to offer easy access to the Admirals Club in Tampa.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:31 am
Community Director Emerita

Do Admirals Club members have access to AS Boardroom Clubs?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Do Admirals Club members have access to AS Boardroom Clubs?
Yes. Was announced in November 2014:

Admirals Club

Member Access to Select Alaska Airlines® Board Rooms
Your Admirals Club membership now extends your lounge access benefits beyond the network of 42 Admirals Club locations and 37 Qantas Club locations to include three more cities as part of a new arrangement with Alaska Airlines. You now have access to Alaska Airlines Board Room locations in Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; and Anchorage, AK when presenting a valid Admirals Club membership card along with a same day ticket/boarding pass on a flight operated and marketed by American Airlines. Additionally, two guests or immediate family members traveling with you are welcome at no additional charge.

Airport Location
Anchorage International Airport (ANC) Concourse C, near Gate C1
Portland International Airport (PDX) Concourse C, next to Gate C4
Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA) Just beyond the Central Security Checkpoint
T
hrough our new expanded lounge access program, Admirals Club members now enjoy the ability to visit Alaska Airlines Board Room locations when traveling through these three cities.
Alaska Airlines is a registered trademark of Alaska Air Group, Inc.

Anyway, this has now been changed for the better — Admirals Club members now receive Board Room access regardless of whether they’re flying Alaska, American, or US Airways.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:41 am

Thank you, apodo77. I've recently become an Admirals Club member thru my US Club lifetime card. San Diego is a mini hub for AS now and AS has become a preferred carrier for me. Learning I have lounge access is good news.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, Emerald Club Excutive
Smile Very Happy

Since I have abandoned Delta and now only fly AS & AA, this is outstanding news, especially for all of us laying over in Dallas. I've always found their clubs to be quite nice, never filled to capacity and appreciate that they have reasonably priced meal options.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Good news for BR members....I get the feeling that a lot of us (myself included) access the BR using Priority Pass so for now, nothing changes as far as lounge access goes.

It would be interesting to see what the future holds as far as elite upgrades go on AA for AS elites....I know AA has the 500 "sticker" system so it's probably not as easy as it was with the DL system.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:08 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The new temp SEA BR in the North Satellite can't open soon enough.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Wow, I had a trip last week SEA-CLT and back, and could not access the admirals club there at CLT. This is a nice surprise. Although, I do like the DL Sky Club at MSP near the F gates, was just there last night in fact and will miss having access to that club as it is one I use often.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Thank you, apodo77. I've recently become an Admirals Club member thru my US Club lifetime card. San Diego is a mini hub for AS now and AS has become a preferred carrier for me. Learning I have lounge access is good news.
Except isn't AS in a different terminal still? No lounge in that old dumpy terminal.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Except isn't AS in a different terminal still? No lounge in that old dumpy terminal.
Agreed, but destination airports have lounges. (And I actually like the old terminal. It's a quick walk in and out. Consider me quirky. I do wish that AS would lease the space where the United Club was. That would be ideal.)
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I do wish that AS would lease the space where the United Club was. That would be ideal.)
YES! Haven't been thru SAN in a year, but guessing this space is still dormant. Granted isn't that terminal slated for a demo in a few years? Or is it conditional on funding?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:57 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
for my travels it may actually be now beneficial to buy a BR membership....hmmmm
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This looks like further evidence of DL pushing AS into the arms of AA. I'm not happy about the upcoming divorce.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.