Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Date Change on Award Ticket After Initial Segment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold

Does anyone know if a date change can be made on a Cathay Pacific award ticket after the first segment has been flown?

I am trying to use the free stopover on a one-way award ticket, and it is likely I will want to change the date of the 2nd leg of the trip. I want to do JFK - YVR (stopover) - HKG - BKK, but the YVR-HKG-BKK segment will likely change after I have flown the initial JFK-YVR leg.

I tried searching for the answer, but could not find one. Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Not sure about partner flights, but I know this is possible (cause I've done it) on all AS metal itineraries.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Not sure about partner flights, but I know this is possible (cause I've done it) on all AS metal itineraries.
I had an All AS itin where I left a 1 year stop-over in ANC. They refused to let me change the destination only the date of the last leg
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
I had an All AS itin where I left a 1 year stop-over in ANC. They refused to let me change the destination only the date of the last leg
Seriously? Was that online or over the phone....I thought destination changes were allowed for MVPG and 75K? Is it the stopover that causes the issue?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Seriously? Was that online or over the phone....I thought destination changes were allowed for MVPG and 75K? Is it the stopover that causes the issue?
I was locked out of the reservation online, likely because I had already flown the first 2 segments. On Phone talked to the supervisor who only allowed me to change date and not destination since I was on my stop-over. It was BOS-PDX-ANC-BRW saver award and wanted to switch ANC-BRW or ANC-ADQ. I ended up giving up the last leg as I could not find saver space. It could just be because they thought I was abusing the system with such a long stop-over
Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by MattFS218
Does anyone know if a date change can be made on a Cathay Pacific award ticket after the first segment has been flown?

I am trying to use the free stopover on a one-way award ticket, and it is likely I will want to change the date of the 2nd leg of the trip. I want to do JFK - YVR (stopover) - HKG - BKK, but the YVR-HKG-BKK segment will likely change after I have flown the initial JFK-YVR leg.

I tried searching for the answer, but could not find one. Thanks!
I changed the return on an AS award CX F r/t after I flew the outbound. It's easy for us but difficult for them because they reprice all the taxes manually on CX award tickets. (the agent I was working with had to find a more seasoned agent to help her, and she said she had 8 years there. The other agent had 15 years!)

Next time I will book these as 2 one-ways, it's easier to change for them and subsequently for me that way. I see you booked yours as a one-way, so you're already there.

Anyway it was no problem doing it, it just took 45 minutes on the phone. 2 minutes for them to secure the new return dates with Cathay Pacific and 43 minutes for them to figure out that I'd get a $1 refund but they forgot to charge me a $15 additional tax the first time so they collected it this time.

This was just a few weeks ago. I had to wait for the return date I wanted to open up award space, which didn't happen until I had already flown the outbound. My change was a little different than yours, but same idea I think. Neither one of us is changing the destination, just the dates of ongoing segments. Hopefully it will work for you too. Let us know.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Aug 1, 2015 at 9:11 pm
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Thanks for all the responses! You guys/gals are awesome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.